Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

spoilers:
    and in a surprise to no one the side sponsoring the video won
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Hiromi; 07-11-2022 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post

spoilers:
    and in a surprise to no one the side sponsoring the video won
    end of spoilers
    Of course. >_>
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Of course. >_>
    I know next to nothing about Excalibur, is he even remotely fast enough to hang with Raiden?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I know next to nothing about Excalibur, is he even remotely fast enough to hang with Raiden?
    Based on their calcs, yes he is.

spoilers:
    And Ben does clarify that the sponsor didn't determine anything about the fight. They just got one of their characters showcased. Believe that if you will or not.
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Based on the calcs presented in the fight, both are fast enough to be measured in "percents of lightspeed".

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

spoilers:
    Can stand directly in front of an artillery turret and parry continuous fire from a couple feet away. I'm not sure where Raiden gets to speedwise, but all that really matters for Rumbles is if he can blitz kill Excal before Excal can react or not, because he absolutely cannot survive a fight where Excal gets to do anything. I joked about Radial Blind + execution earlier, but it is a genuine issue and Radial Blind , regardless of its name, stuns and "blinds" things like robots that don't have eyes. I'm just gonna make one post about the subject to give the best breakdown I can of his abilities. You can take what I say on faith or not at your pleasure; I don't super feel like scouring the game for specific feats I can bring up beyond what I can think of offhand. This will be assuming that he's kitted out to win a fight like this, because modding is the whole of Warframe's mechanics, so difficult to discuss otherwise. I'm also going to rate his abilities as they would perform against starchart missions and the game's story content except where such things don't exist. The only thing that really changes if I start talking about endgame type stuff is that an unmodded excal will die from breathing the same air as them:

Speed: See above. There's probably more I could dig up speedwise, but artillery is the easiest point of comparison, so it's what I'm going for. Whole fight probably hinges on this as usual. I dislike Death Battle, so I don't know what calcs were going on in there.

Durability: I'm going to get into specifics, but a couple things first: Modding matters a lot here, so to be clear, I am assuming the Excal involved has armour and health mods as well as a mod called Adaptation. Personally, I wouldn't normally build Excal for adaptation, but the other survivability mods are more abstract and harder to discuss on Rumbles. Adaptation is just adaptive armour, which is easy to discuss. Warframes have forcefield style shields that will take at least one hit from anything in the game. So going from there: Excal's not the most heavily shielded or armoured frame, but he's respectable in both areas. Missiles, artillery fire, ship to ship ballistics, gigantic (like 50-60ish feet?) robot spiders smashing their entire bodies down on you as hard as they can, big jumping stomp tanks, things that blow up big stomp tanks... are all things an Excal's shields and armour/health can eat at least some of just at a basic level. Once you start modding, that scales way way way up. With just armour and health, most of the aforementioned things are just flat out no longer a threat, and even the worst ones aren't that bad. How this applies to Raiden is this: He's definitely going to survive at least one hit by virtue of his shields being able to absorb those kinds of things, and beneath that he will take continuously less damage from anything Raiden can do the more Raiden hits him because of adaptation, which is not great for Raiden because Raiden likes to do loads and loads of attacks. I think Sam would actually be better off. Adaptation scales high enough to make warframes in the context of warframe all but totally immune to the things that are hitting them.

Actual Physical Strength: Not actually that strong. Strong enough to physically rip metal heat sinks bigger than his own body out of a mech, but definitely nowhere near flipping entire Metal Gears.

Stamina: Does not get tired. Operator can literally pilot it while asleep.

Attack Strength: Archguns probably win for outright damage on rumbles (if not in the actual game). Just offhand, they pretty consistently disable or destroy spacecraft that take about equal beatings from lower tier Railjack weapons (which again, just offhand without going and looking for better feats, trivially bust asteroids that are close in size to themselves, so like a good fifty metres across or so). Beyond that, Tenno have a lot of damage types available to them, ranging from electricity to radiation to "virus based weapons that infect and kill hosts on a timescale relevant to fights where you are killing hundreds of dudes per minute." Weapons can get wildly esoteric up to things like mind control and gravity manipulation.

Personal abilities: He's got a fair amount of large AoE stuff, including Radial Blind as mentioned above. Exalted blade gives him rapid fire sword lasers of whatever damage type he's decided to give them. As a sub-heading on this, you've got...

The Operator: If included in the rumble. The Operator is a sort of devil child that "pilots" the Warframe from large distances, and can manifest out of it whenever they feel like doing so. They can be armoured on a similar scale and can veil themselves in a sort of subspace called the Void, which I don't think Raiden has any ability to interact with. They drastically enhance their warframes with various schools of abilities, and void energy is something I'm not sure Raiden has any ability to deal with, *shrug* there, as what it does gets downgraded *immensely* outside of cutscenes. When you first get access to the Operator, their untempered beam is ripping otherwise nearly invincible Sentient attackers to shreds. In gameplay your untempered powers go pew pew and do nothing until you build a decent amp and then basically function like any other weapon. Operator's at best getting one attack off from being veiled if they actually come out, as they are otherwise lacking speed feats, but most importantly: With the right abilities, the operator can still manifest after their warframe is "dead."

I lost track of where I was going with all this, but basically: I suspect that Raiden doesn't have enough going for him to take down a decently built Excal before Excal can leverage radial blind to do basically anything else it wants to Raiden with weapons that should definitely wreck him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by BitVyper; 07-11-2022 at 10:32 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't think that the writers of Strange Academy and Strange are talking to each other. There's a fair bit of contradictions happening in those books.
    How Strange.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Chainsaw Man is back bayybeee

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Interesting. Will check it out.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    How Strange.
    Set myself up for that one.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Arrrgh, I'll need to read the entire series again.
    Why are we here?