Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This does sound good... ^_^
    To touch on this again briefly, the director/producer of FFXIV specifically stated in an interview that the changes they're making to the early game experience is specifically designed around getting people who don't like the "MMO" in MMORPG to enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki Yoshida
    The answer is simple; my concept is to make the most of FFXIV’s characteristics as a story-driven MMORPG, and make it so that only the story can be played through on a solo basis. So, “marrying” isn’t the right expression, and what I want to do is lower the barrier for entry among those who feel intimidated by MMORPGs or who are not good at multiplayer games. Of course, I’ll be happy if players are satisfied after completing just the story, or if throughout their journeys they discover the fun of multiplayer and MMORPGs, leading them to try out various types of content.
    And the changes have mirrored this sentiment.

... Why yes, I'm attempting to get you to play it with me.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    To touch on this again briefly, the director/producer of FFXIV specifically stated in an interview that the changes they're making to the early game experience is specifically designed around getting people who don't like the "MMO" in MMORPG to enjoy the game.

And the changes have mirrored this sentiment.

... Why yes, I'm attempting to get you to play it with me.
    Whoooo...interesting. This is sounding better and better still.

Okay, so IF I can get my hands on a PS5 at some point - such is the plan, anyway - I will certainly pick up FFXIV and give it a shot. And contact you, absolutely. ^_^ Sounds worth putting some time into, and I have enjoyed most of the Final Fantasy games I've played.

The only question is 'when will I get my hands on a bloody PS5?'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Whoooo...interesting. This is sounding better and better still.

Okay, so IF I can get my hands on a PS5 at some point - such is the plan, anyway - I will certainly pick up FFXIV and give it a shot. And contact you, absolutely. ^_^ Sounds worth putting some time into, and I have enjoyed most of the Final Fantasy games I've played.

The only question is 'when will I get my hands on a bloody PS5?'
    Nice thing is, the first 2/5th of the game is free to play so you won't need to make an investment until you're sure you enjoy it... and I'm pretty positive you will; FFXIV is essentially a love-letter to the other FF games. Its expansions- and side content- having story that involves the other games (be it enemies, or antagonists, or plot-beats) but still managing to have its own voice in the process.

But I am a patient Eldritch Horror, so I will certainly be around when you do get hands on the fabled PS5.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Nice thing is, the first 2/5th of the game is free to play so you won't need to make an investment until you're sure you enjoy it... and I'm pretty positive you will; FFXIV is essentially a love-letter to the other FF games. Its expansions- and side content- having story that involves the other games (be it enemies, or antagonists, or plot-beats) but still managing to have its own voice in the process.

But I am a patient Eldritch Horror, so I will certainly be around when you do get hands on the fabled PS5.
    Good! Enjoyed the heck out of the one time we managed to play MEMP together, so would love to find a game we could do for a while. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Good! Enjoyed the heck out of the one time we managed to play MEMP together, so would love to find a game we could do for a while. ^_^
    Man, that was a few hundred moons back... good times.

Arx Inosaan

Man, that was a few hundred moons back... good times.
    Yeah, we ran through a few games that day. ^_^ Thanks for that.
    Why are we here?

Yep. Really should've planned this out more.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hmm, I see

Untitled.jpg
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmm, I see

Untitled.jpg
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Hmm, I see

Untitled.jpg
    O_o Dude, it's weird crap like this that make me grateful that I was never born in this generation. Imagine if *this* was everyone's first introduction to Winnie the Pooh and Barney as a kid.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    O_o Dude, it's weird crap like this that make me grateful that I was never born in this generation. Imagine if *this* was everyone's first introduction to Winnie the Pooh and Barney as a kid.
    *Laughs In Evil.*
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

If they're making another movie about Barney the Dinosaur, then I can't wait for them to make another one about...

The Totally Teletubbies

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-14-2022 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Well to be fair, darker or more adult versions of children's characters aren't exactly a new thing. It's just gotten more mainstream with the ease of access from the Internet and technology.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.