Academia

spoilers:

Bakugou gets wrecked by All For Shigaraki, Suneater poisons Shigaraki but Shigaraki just pulls a hand-mouth power out of nowhere to spit it out because he's decided he can adapt to things now, the others try to fight Shigaraki but can't do much to him and Mirio admits they're just waiting for Green-Goku to show up. Bakugou is down but appears to be trying to strategize.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

One-Punch Man: spoilers:
    Well, that's one way to go about it a retcon.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Well Shotgun Boy has ended with a smooth transition to Sweet Home. It was a fun read.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*checks out OPM to see what the fuss is about*

Yeah, okay. Understood.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *checks out OPM to see what the fuss is about*

Yeah, okay. Understood.
    I feel kind of vindicated.

I said doing what they did fundamentally broke the concept of the series and would make it impossible to continue as normal.

And the series agrees with me. My media literacy is on point!

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I said doing what they did fundamentally broke the concept of the series and would make it impossible to continue as normal.

It is a really weird move given that Murata is willing to just redraw whole chapters to retcon them... Now he's making that part of the actual canon and it highlights how little he and ONE are planning ahead on this.

Extraordinary Member

Monster #8 has a very cute little chapter today. So wholesome.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Monster #8 has a very cute little chapter today. So wholesome.
    Agreed, Kafka is a good lad

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

RRR was pretty good. I can't give it a score of great bc the last hour takes just a little too long to set things up for the admittedly great payoffs of action and resolution but it was still pretty good. The first hour is almost perfect
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

I mean I feel like it could have been different without doing whatever the hell that was.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

One Piece: Looks like we're finally entering endgame, chaps.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To present the not-really-entirely-but-somewhat opposing viewpoint on OPM : I don't think that the recent arc is bad per se, but there are definitely three "issues" of varying importance...

1. It's wildly different from the webcomic - it split off a long time ago and they have become two entirely different properties now, linked only by the resemblance of the characters. It's in "MCU versus comics 616" territory now, which, well, annoys some fans and isn't a big deal to others.

2. The really cool character-growth, "let's sit down and deal with the issues" logical endpoint that happened a few issues ago was utterly wasted. This is a personal-choice thing - I'm sure some of the fans liked the editorial choice there, but it seemed off to me.

3. This last issue. Um, OK, what? Did Garou fight the TVA somewhere along the line? Is spoilers:
    SERIOUS SERIES - RETCON PUNCH
    end of spoilersgonna be a thing now? If so, I guess stakes have now been reduced to somewhere below zero.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan