BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

Ken Penders is Chris-chan if he managed to achieve some success with his inane writings and wasn't a psychological dumpster fire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Spy x Family:...So, we get a chapter of Yor receiving more character development, finding a nice social clique of female acquaintances that she can relate with (unlike her toxic co-workers), spoilers:
    and has unknowingly managed to make massive headway in Operation Sprix by befriending Donovan's wife, Melinda Desmond. At this point, all of the Forgers have familarized themselves with the Desmond Family.
    end of spoilers
    Yor-focused chapters are always good, and really like the development in this one since besides being all cute and wholesome it also spoilers:
    gets Yor closer to Operation Strix since she now unknowingly has an in to the Desmonds.
    end of spoilers

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm not normally a huge fan of the Order of the Stick - it's amusing from an RPG'er perspective, does hit some interesting moral viewpoints, but that's about where it ends for me - but the current episode is quite good. Very well-done.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

New Zatch Bell 2 dropped.

Eeeeee....
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    New Zatch Bell 2 dropped.

Eeeeee....
    Chapter 5 right?

Lovely to see the lads back in action.

I also really like Gash's new design.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Chapter 5 right?

Indeed. Glad they're back. I'll miss the old version, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Chapter 5 right?

You and me both. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Nostalgia, I understand.
    Why are we here?

Lost my best tac-folder on the weekend, while going to a provincial park for the day. It's gone, I'm looking to buy another one.

Problem - I got it so long ago I cannot remember the exact model (I know the company). And there are like...two folders that are about the correct size, correct shape, with some minor differences.

My OCD is now giving me fits. Which to pick? Arrrgh. This thing is going to sit in my pocket all of the time, if I get the wrong one I know I'll just feel weird for the next six months.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Caught up on the manga Witch Hat Atelier. Absolutely gorgeous art, with a balance of dark themes and cute characters. Funny enough, the manga gave me Berserk vibes at the start (albeit the PG version), so I wasn't expecting how much cute was inbound in the story. Mostly it's just sprinkled in, thankfully. A real theme of the manga seems to be "the wonder of magic", leaning more into the amazing things it can do to help people, even as it shows the consequences of magic unchecked. While the writing is good, the art is just amazing, and does a lot of the work to demonstrate the theme. I also like how "basic" the magic system is (thus far), functioning entirely by way of precisely drawn magic glyphs. It still allows for a vast array of functionality, while treating each spell like it's own little puzzle to suss out (and making for an easy hook for a new witch studying the craft), and giving the witch's a practical limitation for suspense.

It's pretty good and I rec it. It's about 65 chapters (58 plus extras and half-chapters), so it's an easy catch up if unlike myself you're able to sit down and read for longer than five minutes every couple of days. :V

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I second all endorsements of Witch Hat Atelier.

It's one of the best manga running at the moment, free.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Caught up on the manga Witch Hat Atelier. Absolutely gorgeous art, with a balance of dark themes and cute characters. Funny enough, the manga gave me Berserk vibes at the start (albeit the PG version), so I wasn't expecting how much cute was inbound in the story. Mostly it's just sprinkled in, thankfully. A real theme of the manga seems to be "the wonder of magic", leaning more into the amazing things it can do to help people, even as it shows the consequences of magic unchecked. While the writing is good, the art is just amazing, and does a lot of the work to demonstrate the theme. I also like how "basic" the magic system is (thus far), functioning entirely by way of precisely drawn magic glyphs. It still allows for a vast array of functionality, while treating each spell like it's own little puzzle to suss out (and making for an easy hook for a new witch studying the craft), and giving the witch's a practical limitation for suspense.

It's pretty good and I rec it. It's about 65 chapters (58 plus extras and half-chapters), so it's an easy catch up if unlike myself you're able to sit down and read for longer than five minutes every couple of days. :V
    Absolutely LOVE this manga, though sadly I've had to set it aside - promised my wife we'd read it together, and she hasn't been in a manga mood of late. ^_^

Fantastic art, fun characters, very inventive and imaginative...
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Given all of the reboots that have been released/announced in the last couple of years, I won't be surprised if we hear about Zatch Bell getting a proper anime adaptation. Also, how old is Zatch supposed to be at this point? Our little dude has gotten tall!
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 07-25-2022 at 07:45 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Lost my best tac-folder on the weekend, while going to a provincial park for the day. It's gone, I'm looking to buy another one.

Problem - I got it so long ago I cannot remember the exact model (I know the company). And there are like...two folders that are about the correct size, correct shape, with some minor differences.

My OCD is now giving me fits. Which to pick? Arrrgh. This thing is going to sit in my pocket all of the time, if I get the wrong one I know I'll just feel weird for the next six months.
    Knife now purchased. Am somewhat curious to see if I bought the correct one. Well, it's 1cm (folded) and 28 grams difference (which I barely felt when I tested both weights in-hand, and felt not at all in my pocket) if I was wrong, shaded in the 'longer' direction. So I'm not THAT concerned.
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Knife now purchased. Am somewhat curious to see if I bought the correct one. Well, it's 1cm (folded) and 28 grams difference (which I barely felt when I tested both weights in-hand, and felt not at all in my pocket) if I was wrong, shaded in the 'longer' direction. So I'm not THAT concerned.
    Change your name to SlightlyMoreSharpandpointies
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan