The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Very superhuman.

Fairly extreme brick stuff to be specific. Not Class 100 but... I don't know, Class 70 or something. Plus solid blink movement/dozens of attacks in an instant level super speed.
    I'm starting to think that Class 70 might be underselling some of the characters.

Edit: Ashorc, for example.

Edit Edit: Ah, hell, I was right. Rick's terrified when spoilers:
    the champion is using 8th Order Magic to fight Ashorc, but it's merely because 'Ohshit, sempai might not hold back any more!'
    end of spoilers Looking forward to seeing the results of this. *keeps reading* Yeah, that's well-above Class 70 for my money. Also, Rick's bland 'yep, that's what I was worried about' expression seals the deal.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-28-2022 at 05:52 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

As an aside, Nik, I'm really loving this manga. There are a lot of good things about it, but my absolute favourite is the fact that it takes an important belief of my own and exaggerates it to manga-esque levels.

Natural talent is a good thing, but hard work is more important. Far more important.

I love that the central character is considered to be a dude with no natural talent (aside from his special skill, which doesn't kick in under 99% of situations), but has become this unstoppable monster...because he was trained at Manga Insanity Squared levels.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    As an aside, Nik, I'm really loving this manga. There are a lot of good things about it, but my absolute favourite is the fact that it takes an important belief of my own and exaggerates it to manga-esque levels.

Natural talent is a good thing, but hard work is more important. Far more important.

I love that the central character is considered to be a dude with no natural talent (aside from his special skill, which doesn't kick in under 99% of situations), but has become this unstoppable monster...because he was trained at Manga Insanity Squared levels.
    The sequence where Rick embodies [girl character] one year hence from when she is now, is a really touching and cleverly done bit of storytelling and choreography.

And yes, Blowstone is nuts. He's one of the guys I was thinking of trying to work into a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    The sequence where Rick embodies [girl character] one year hence from when she is now, is a really touching and cleverly done bit of storytelling and choreography.
    That was brilliant. Really pushed all the right buttons - I loved it.

And yes, Blowstone is nuts. He's one of the guys I was thinking of trying to work into a thread.
    Edited my Ashorc comment further, above, and the constant camera cuts going back to Rick's 'Oh, here we go...' bland expression are fantastic. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Our building's sole walk-in freezer failed...at some unspecified time in the last week, because the guy checking it is on vacation and didn't bother to appoint another person to see if it's still working. Panic ensues, as scientists run around trying to save their samples (ie, find other freezers...haha, good luck with that). Much ado.

*sighs*
    Why are we here?

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Meanwhile in Strange spoilers:
    Pocket Propeled Genie
    end of spoilers

Ouch.

I've heard a lot of bad opinions on Morbius, but this one really put it into perspective.
    Yeah, and Kraven's next on the Sony-Marvel block for disappointment, given that they fundamentally altered his character to make him more kid-friendly.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Meanwhile in Strange spoilers:
    Pocket Propeled Genie
    end of spoilers
    This series continues to be awesome. I love the expressions the artist works out for everyone's faces.

The 'RPG' was particularly good as well. Between the dinner and the unexpected dinner guests realizing that they had chosen exactly the wrong moment to crash the party, well...good issue. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Ouch.

I've heard a lot of bad opinions on Morbius, but this one really put it into perspective.
    The first half of the movie is bad and confusing but at times entertaining in how bad or confusing it is I think. For example, they add in character details that are ridiculous just to establish things about these characters, and then after you've processed it they proceed to not use some of those things or they don't explain them very well in the world so it just comes off as strange.

The second half of the movie on the other hand, which I think comes after a particularly ridiculous moment, is where all that might have kept you going in the first half drains out of it and what's left is just dull and characters are just picked up and moved by the plot to get into the spots they need to be to hit certain story points. It also isn't that much more sensible than the first half so it's both nonsense and boring in turns and continues right through the after credits scenes.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    It's not cutting corners.

The mangaka just realised that the power of Yor in different cute outfits each chapter would distract a large portion of the readership from the story.

Extraordinary Member

This show is so freaking good!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

CBS News
    @CBSNews
    Researchers have turned dead spiders into necrobotic grippers capable of lifting items that weigh more than 100 times their own body weight.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1552662721124081664 (don't click if you're arachnophobic)
    Dude, they are figuring out how to incorporate dead spiders into machines.

Dude. They are not content to replace us with A.I. Soon, we will be replaced by zombie cyborg animals.

DUDE. They are going to tax you beyond death to keep you working after you expire, because they won't even look at your resume unless it's post-mortem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Dude, they are figuring out how to incorporate dead spiders into machines.

Dude. They are not content to replace us with A.I. Soon, we will be replaced by zombie cyborg animals.

DUDE. They are going to tax you beyond death to keep you working after you expire, because they won't even look at your resume unless it's post-mortem.
    That can't be more strange if it was fiction.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.