The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, doing something I don't normally do - gathering feats for a character to maybe make a Rumble in the future.

Board has a distinct lack of Frieren, and while speed might be an issue, she's at least fast enough to keep up with people who can disappear from sight based on nothing more than speed.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Okay, doing something I don't normally do - gathering feats for a character to maybe make a Rumble in the future.

Board has a distinct lack of Frieren, and while speed might be an issue, she's at least fast enough to keep up with people who can disappear from sight based on nothing more than speed.
    Might be tricky though. She knows a ton of spells and is often apparently holding back.

I think she might be a touch glass cannon-y.

Best of luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Might be tricky though. She knows a ton of spells and is often apparently holding back.

Best of luck with it!
    She's absolutely a bit of a glass cannon, but her shields make up for that. If she gets blitzed at the start of the match, not much one can do, but she can put up her shields fast enough to deal with a surprise attack from someone quick enough to fight against a demon that 'blink-step' attacks.

The shields are pretty tough as well - they can block her own attacks without cracking, and her own attacks blow up large tracts of land, that sort of thing.

I mean, I'm not expecting her to take wins against the Flash, Class 100's, powerful comic mages (Classic Strange*coughcough*) or anything like that. She flat-out won't. But I'm curious to see how she stacks up on a more mid-tier.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

spoilers:
    Looks like Crystal Ponies are canon.
    end of spoilers
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post

spoilers:
    Looks like Crystal Ponies are canon.
    end of spoilers
    Yoo! My boy Wooper is getting his own variant! Hell yeah! That also means and update for Quagsire!

I don't really about anything else besides that.

Extraordinary Member

This made me feel sad and now I'm sharing the sadness!

Best of luck with it!
    I'm actually discovering that Frieren has numerous instances of casually reacting to superspeed attacks, and at least one instance of explicitly shifting her magical shield to block a lightspeed attack, shocking the enemy mage (they even state 'Impossible - that attack moves at lightspeed, how did she block the opening I saw?'). And the mage - an extremely experienced one - basically then states 'I feel like she's just having a sparring match with a student, she's doing this so easily'.

Soooo...things are getting interesting.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yoo! My boy Wooper is getting his own variant! Hell yeah! That also means and update for Quagsire!

I don't really about anything else besides that.
    It would be hilarious if they made a new Wooper that evolved back into the OG Quagsire.

Well the first time. Then it would be kinda dumb, so they won't do that.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I'm actually discovering that Frieren has numerous instances of casually reacting to superspeed attacks, and at least one instance of explicitly shifting her magical shield to block a lightspeed attack, shocking the enemy mage (they even state 'Impossible - that attack moves at lightspeed, how did she block the opening I saw?'). And the mage - an extremely experienced one - basically then states 'I feel like she's just having a sparring match with a student, she's doing this so easily'.

Soooo...things are getting interesting.
    I was going to say, she isn't typically super fast, but her combat speed is pretty impressive when it comes to shielding, at least.

I wonder how she'd do against the likes of the Negima! crew?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I was going to say, she isn't typically super fast, but her combat speed is pretty impressive when it comes to shielding, at least.
    She's ridiculously fast with defense. Again, I've never seen her miss shielding (except when using the big attack that takes all of her focus) and she does have that time where she explicitly defends against lightspeed attacks.

I wonder how she'd do against the likes of the Negima! crew?
    Reaaaaally don't know enough about Negima! but I understand that by the end, some of them are pretty powerful?
    Why are we here?

She's ridiculously fast with defense. Again, I've never seen her miss shielding (except when using the big attack that takes all of her focus) and she does have that time where she explicitly defends against lightspeed attacks.

Reaaaaally don't know enough about Negima! but I understand that by the end, some of them are pretty powerful?
    I tapped out by book eight, so I don't know much either. I just know they have a wide variety of different powers, including a lot of variations of magic, but I don't recall them busting mountains or such like.

Hmmm... hard to think of a good match.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 08-03-2022 at 01:00 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I tapped out by book eight, so I don't know much either. I just know they have a wide variety of different powers, including a lot of variations of magic, but I don't recall them busting mountains or such like.

Hmmm... hard to think of a good match.
    For clarity, the top tiers in Negima are casual mountain busters by about the mid point of the story.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

For clarity, the top tiers in Negima are casual mountain busters by about the mid point of the story.
    I should have known. :V

Hmmm...

Kinda specific, I wonder how Frieren shields would do against Gene Starwind's Caster Bullets?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

And, like, multi-Mach speeds too IIRC? Maybe?

Like, Rakan and Negi and Eva are all scary powerful from my vague memories (never quite finished the series, got like 3/4th of the way).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM