Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Edens Zero: spoilers:
    Damn, I have to admit that this was one of the best - and darkest - set-up reveals I've seen in a manga. I wonder how on Earth Ziggy!Shiki managed to return from 20,000 years into the future since the Rebecca of his timeline is dead. Furthermore, why did he feel the need to orchestrate a machine supremacy campaign? It also garners further scrutiny towards his formerly gentle and affable behavior while raising Shiki and Elsie. Was it really all an act where he pleaded with Elsie to take Shiki and the others into another star system to get away from him, or was this a sign that his trauma may have fractured his mind and memories into two distinct personalities? Also, this panel suddenly becomes much more relevant.
    end of spoilers
    I'm more on the fence about this reveal myself. I didn't think it was that well set up and we don't really know enough to see if it is well-executed.

I'm like "Okay, now what though?"

To be speak more specifically:

spoilers:
    If anything this, to me, kind of weakens the interaction between the characters. Taking what was an interesting dynamic - the hero and his apparently increasingly violent and unstable mentor/father figure coming into conflict - and have now altered it to "your dad is a dark version of you," which is... not bad, but is different.

I felt like there was ground to be covered with Ziggy and Shiki as was still and this is just changing their relationship.
    end of spoilers

So... on the fence. Eden's Zero is still Mashima's best work since Groove Adventure Rave in my opinion, so I trust him to do something interesting with this but... I wouldn't have made this choice myself.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I've actually found myself in a Pathfinder game recently, and it's actually managed to keep going this time!

First Pathfinder game, I played a crow-man with lightning powers, but we ended up stopping after the mid-boss.

This time around, I'm playing a poisonous frog-man that hunts megafauna with a scythe.
    I must say, you come up with the most interesting characters...

Struggling to write consistently as usual, but I've been productive this month, at least. Re-opened a "series" I had declared finished at the beginning of this year. Now I'm obligated to do enough stories to make another ebook bundle eventually. :V
    The struggle is real.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It appears that the death battle guys are going to be using Sauron.

That bodes poorly
    *facepalms*

Well, it's Death Battle - to be expected.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I must say, you come up with the most interesting characters...
    Thanks, I try. What can I say, I gotta keep it interesting to stay invested!

Now if only I could actually write them interesting stories! :P

The struggle is real.

Good luck!
    Thanks!

Extraordinary Member

Huh, the One Punch-Man anime will get a third season.

Neat.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Huh, the One Punch-Man anime will get a third season.

Neat.
    And the manga will now be on break for a month.

Hope the third season comes out better than season 2. It was never going to be as good as season 1, that involved such a specific confluence of animators coming together to make it happen, but it really struggled with the expectations upon it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    And the manga will now be on break for a month.

Hope the third season comes out better than season 2. It was never going to be as good as season 1, that involved such a specific confluence of animators coming together to make it happen, but it really struggled with the expectations upon it.
    I'm trying to figure out how far into the story they'll go. The second season ended with Garou being dragged to the Monster Association by Phoneix-man, and assuming that they season also gets 12 episodes like the previous one there's no way they'll get to all the really crazy nonsense on this VERY long arc.

Extraordinary Member

One Punch-Man: Here we are at the finale of this arc.

spoilers:
    Garou has lost all of his monster powers and Bang is aiming to rehabilitate him by going around and apologising to the people he assaulted. Garou is also being considered to take Bang's place in the Hero Association as Bang is retiring. So Garou basically gets off scot-free here.

Tareo and Waganma are now friends which is nice to see.

Saitama and Genos are looking for the remains of Saitama's appartment in the wreckage.
    end of spoilers

Interesting development.

tl;dr The rights to Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit have been acquired/are in the process of being acquired by the Embracer Group (which is, or was THQ Nordic).
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Bully Queen Returns.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I've actually found myself in a Pathfinder game recently, and it's actually managed to keep going this time!

First Pathfinder game, I played a crow-man with lightning powers, but we ended up stopping after the mid-boss.

This time around, I'm playing a poisonous frog-man that hunts megafauna with a scythe.

Struggling to write consistently as usual, but I've been productive this month, at least. Re-opened a "series" I had declared finished at the beginning of this year. Now I'm obligated to do enough stories to make another ebook bundle eventually. :V
    You drew that?

That’s not bad at all.

BANNED

I’m wondering if it would be alright to post a wildest claims thread? One dedicated to just outrageous claims to character capabilities or calculation claims encountered on the web.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    You drew that?

That’s not bad at all.
    I did! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    I’m wondering if it would be alright to post a wildest claims thread? One dedicated to just outrageous claims to character capabilities or calculation claims encountered on the web.
    Not really advisable - it'll just get deleted by the mods. Rumbles has pretty specific rules about not talking about stuff that happens on other boards, using them for evidence, discussing their debates for any reason, etc. We've had some pretty impressive board invasions in the past due to this kind of thing, and the whole business of banning everyone involved and getting rid of the annoying posts is a headache for the mods.

Rumbles does Rumbles stuff and leaves the other boards to their stuff, is how it works.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    What's the policy regarding other boards?
    Board-wars are strictly against Rumbles policy here, whether it's with another board here at CBR or another messageboard altogether. We don't want to see Rumbles posters planning or launching attacks on other boards; nor do we tolerate invasions onto Rumbles.
    Sometimes posters here who also post on other boards come across posts regarding Rumbles or planning something against Rumbles. If this happens, please do NOT post about it here. We do not need to see a ruckus being raised regarding another board. It is enough, and much preferred, that these be PM'ed to the mods.
    Simply put, post as if other boards did not exist. Do not discuss other boards, do not complain about how things go for other boards, and so on. Additionally, decisions and interpretations on these boards have no bearing on Rumbles, and vice versa - standards of evidence and rules differ between boards.
    Finally; this goes both way. Posting on Rumbles while inciting people on another board (CBR or otherwise) to come and cause trouble, or posting on Rumbles while simply badmouthing the Rumbles board on another board (CBR or otherwise) is considered to be a violation of the Rumbles Board rules.
    Obviously badmouthing the Rumbles Board on another board (CBR or otherwise) while not posting on Rumbles cannot be considered a violation of Rumbles rules. However, it may result in a Board-ban from the Rumbles board to spare the poster the agony of having to read and/or post on a board they dislike so much.
    I actually wrote this one. ^_^ Should have put a happy face after the last line.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-18-2022 at 01:52 PM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Interesting development.

tl;dr The rights to Lord of the Rings, and the Hobbit have been acquired/are in the process of being acquired by the Embracer Group (which is, or was THQ Nordic).
    Is this bad, or really bad
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie