The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dandadan continues to be utterly insane in a fantastic way.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Lads, I'm going to have you to ask to hold on a sec and look at the pilot for the 1993 hybrid live-action/animated western Sailor Moon TV show.

The first 2:40 are the intro and that alone is worth price of admission.
    Also note that in the video's description there are links to an documentary about the whole project. Could be a fun watch. The pilot certainly is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Ah yes, the part that made me irrepressibly HATE Gilgamesh. It was just as devastating as in the original anime. But it gets bonus points for a surprisingly badass choice of battle music.

It's also quite hilarious that Gilgamesh feels the least like a parody version here. He's basically just the same douchebag as he ever was, just a bit funnier.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....I just love how he acknowledges that Bullseye throwing power makes no goddamn sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

....I just love how he acknowledges that Bullseye throwing power makes no goddamn sense.
    Air friction what's that bulleye's never heard of it.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I didn't realize that DC had come out with a Mech version of the DC Universe til I read it on Bleeding Cool.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    Good luck v
    Thank you Crunkula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Way behind on the convo, but I wanted to say, sorry you've been going through such rough experiences, and I'm glad you're finding ways to work through it. Well wishes on your journey.
    My current way of working through it the past few days is finding a dumb easy game to focus on and inhibit my ability to think about things. Currently that's AdventureQuest World. Sometimes you just got to slow things down on focus on dumb **** for a bit while your brain recalibrates. But thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Busy, working my butt off and putting as much overtime as I can.

Glad you are doing what you can to take care of yourself.
    Don't work yourself too hard Tami, and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This year? My wife asked for a short story about some of the RPG characters she knows, to mix things up from the usual storylines (from games that have been run for eight+ years). So I'm writing up a long, introspective look at one of the characters from an Anima game, and some of the stuff they went through. As usual, not going to be a whole lot of action, but at least (for one of my 'Christmas'/'New Year' stories) it'll have a somewhat happy ending.

I think I might be halfway through, but I've thought that before and the bloody story ends up ballooning.
    Sounds like fun, and interesting.

Ooof.

I hope this helps in the long run.
    I hope so too (still haven't made that appointment - working up nerves is hard).

Sorry took me so long to respond to these posts. Just hard to build up the emotional drive to respond to these things, but really thank you all for the well wishes and empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

The Bully Queen Returns.
    I have so got to watch the first season, this is so my kind of show. Also reminds me I need to finish second season of Takagi too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ....Wow, that long I was not really here?
    Heya Twist!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Lads, I'm going to have you to ask to hold on a sec and look at the pilot for the 1993 hybrid live-action/animated western Sailor Moon TV show.

<snip>

The first 2:40 are the intro and that alone is worth price of admission.
    Says private video...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I didn't realize that DC had come out with a Mech version of the DC Universe til I read it on Bleeding Cool.
    ...I must see more.

Bet no one expect this to get its own game.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-23-2022 at 03:30 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

Bet no one expect this to get its own game.
    Omg! Definitely not 30 years later no. When was this movie, mid-80s early 90s?
    Although weirdly it's kind of perfect timing. Like I've seen this movie on tv more in the last 5 years than in all the years preceding it. Like the film's gone through some kind of really weird revival as a cult classic or something.

In other news, Orihime has broken free from Bleach to grace us with her presence!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    My current way of working through it the past few days is finding a dumb easy game to focus on and inhibit my ability to think about things. Currently that's AdventureQuest World. Sometimes you just got to slow things down on focus on dumb **** for a bit while your brain recalibrates. But thank you.
    I definitely get that.

My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Okay, it's been ages since I've *ever* felt hyped for a Sonic game, but this trailer does it for me. I hope that it actually pays off.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

In other news, Orihime has broken free from Bleach to grace us with her presence!
    Okay, humankind can definitely stop trying so hard now because this is the greatest video that'll ever be I think.