The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't recall me saying that new one, what thread is it from?
    One of the ones with Eärendil - I think started by Pen, of all people.

…you may have been drinking.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-30-2022 at 01:50 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    One of the ones with Earendil - I think started by Pen, of all people.

…you may have been drinking.
    Looking it up, it's the one where I did the Earendil vs MCU Surtur van mural. Haha!

I think I was largely sober, based on the art at least.

That’s the one! And a beautiful pic that was (just downloaded it on IPhone).
    Why are we here?

Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

My inference there is that Pen had been drinking, not that I had haha.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Latest One Piece chapter (from last week) is the funniest one in a while.

I do love a good bounty update, and the juxtaposition of Luffy sitting in a cage for being dumb is great icing on the cake. Bit surprised that Usopp's bounty went up so drastically as I don't think he did anything that noteworthy this time around, at least not more than poor Chopper. But it's both for the giggles I guess.

Buggy continues to have the worst best luck in the entire series and I am all here for it. Especially if his new henchmen keep beating him up.
    I think Ussop's bounty stems more from Dressrosa than Wano

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My inference there is that Pen had been drinking, not that I had haha.
    …and the fool is me.
    Why are we here?

Alchemy of Souls is getting a season 2!

*little dance*
    Why are we here?

Alchemy of Souls is getting a season 2!

*little dance*

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Finally got around the playing the Mass Effect legendary edition, updates to the first game so far have been mostly good so far as I've noticed, better than I feared they'd be, two big improvements are accuracy of weapons doesn't seem to be tied to weapon skill anymore, given that as a Vanguard I can use the Sniper Rifle without the sight jumping around everywhere.
    Also I think they've removed the reduced xp for killing stuff in the Mako, in the original common practice was to whittle down the really tough stuff like Thresher Maws, turrets or Geth heavy units, get out of the vehicle and finish them off with small arms to get the full xp, but I don't notice any difference in it any more, which is welcome. The updated Graphics are mostly good, though Sheppard's eyes just seem... off now

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Also I think they've removed the reduced xp for killing stuff in the Mako, in the original common practice was to whittle down the really tough stuff like Thresher Maws, turrets or Geth heavy units, get out of the vehicle and finish them off with small arms to get the full xp, but I don't notice any difference in it any more, which is welcome
    Lol I forgot that part of the first game, pretty funny
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Bizarro world's fast food eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Finally got around the playing the Mass Effect legendary edition, updates to the first game so far have been mostly good so far as I've noticed, better than I feared they'd be, two big improvements are accuracy of weapons doesn't seem to be tied to weapon skill anymore, given that as a Vanguard I can use the Sniper Rifle without the sight jumping around everywhere.
    Also I think they've removed the reduced xp for killing stuff in the Mako, in the original common practice was to whittle down the really tough stuff like Thresher Maws, turrets or Geth heavy units, get out of the vehicle and finish them off with small arms to get the full xp, but I don't notice any difference in it any more, which is welcome. The updated Graphics are mostly good, though Sheppard's eyes just seem... off now
    I used to do that with the Thresher Maws, but killed everything else, even Geth...what are the really big ones named? Not the armatures. The Colossus? Anyway, my infiltrator just used to snipe them to death. Took a while, but doable, and fun. Couldn't with the Thresher Maws because they'd just go underground.

Sniping in ME 1 is far, far different than in the other two games, in that you can actually SNIPE, not be a 'close-range marksman in the middle of a battle' (though tactical cloak assists somewhat with that). It's a different experience than 2 and 3, so I did it whenever I could.

But yes, they removed that XP penalty. Also made the Thresher Maws a little harder to fight - gave me a big shock the first time.

I was really impressed with the improvements to the different weapons. Many assault rifles are VERY different guns than before, unless I'm forgetting something, with rates of fire varying immensely - some burst weapons, some are even semi-auto ones, packing big punch with every shot (but whoo, does the super-expensive Geth assault rifle suck eggs in Legendary ^_^ ). Shotguns have been considerably changed up, with rates of fire varying as well, and one being kind of a ME3 Crusader style shotgun firing a single, heavy slug.

Due to that, and due to the accuracy being a point-and-shoot thing rather than some algorithm, like your Vanguard, my Infiltrator suddenly found herself using weapons she'd never bothered with before (rather than hauling out the pistol, hitting the Marksman skill button, and making it into an SMG for a few seconds. They weakened that a little in Legendary and honestly it could use weakening). I did a LOT of Assault Rifle shooting, and hauled out the big shotguns on occasion, especially for the close-range 'surprise!' situations with the Rachni on Novaria.

But it was the same with sniper rifles and pistols. Varying rates of fire, varying damage per shot (more important than DPS with sniper rifles), even some burst fire pistols, that kind of thing.

Also, the shield and health system in the HUD matches better with 2 and 3. It's more a visual than anything (though shield-recharge IS quicker, I think), but that continuity helps with the feeling.

Obviously the differences in the Legendary are most visible in the first game (they're almost invisible in the third), and I was really happy with them. My wife and I both enjoyed replaying ME with the Legendary edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Lol I forgot that part of the first game, pretty funny
    Yeah, best way to level up was to fight outside of that Mako.

...the Mako which, ironically, isn't a whole lot easier to drive in ME Legendary. I feel it's less bouncy, but the 'jump' function is kind of garbage now. ^_^ Oh, Mako, you gigantic PITA, how I love you.

If anyone still gets on ME Multiplayer on Xbox Live...I'm still there (Sharpandpointy). Not often, but at least once or twice a week, saving the galaxy from the Reapers alongside my wife (she's still working on her N7 weaponry, is about 2/3 finished it all Edit: luckily she finished the best 'generalist' AR in the game a while back - the Lancer - and now uses it with almost everything).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-31-2022 at 04:23 AM.
    Why are we here?