Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Like really? No backup weapons once it uses up its short supply of ammo?

And so bad the original manufacturers prefer to let it die out despite actually having the knowledge to make replacements?

Wow...Wow. O_o

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Having a bit of an art block and need to shake the rust off.

Please reply if you want a head (maybe upper body, havent decided) sketch of an OC. I shall endeavour to do my best but, y'know, R U S T.

My DMs are unfortunately full at the moment, so please post your pertinent details here (ie: basic description, design elements, story and personality, etc).

Let's go with a modest 5 slots for now and see how it goes. Critique will be most welcome.

1. Sharkerbob: The Hand **DONE**
    2. Bruceleegreyhulk: The Red Oni **DONE**
    3. Nik Hasta: Geetha **DONE**
    4. KingofPie: Halcón de Caza **DONE**
    5. Dark Soul #7: Vesta **UP NEXT**
    KingofPie's Halcón de Caza:

Edit: bah was on the wrong page
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...Like really? No backup weapons once it uses up its short supply of ammo?

And so bad the original manufacturers prefer to let it die out despite actually having the knowledge to make replacements?

Wow...Wow. O_o
    There are a lot of mechs that were **** mechs, or poorly designed, as I recall, but this one does seem rather...bleah.

...where's my Hatchetman?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Okay, so it looks like my promotion is going to go through.

O_o

Shocker. I'm genuinely stunned.

Only problem now is they're asking for proof of education and a resumé, because it's policy to send a new letter of offer.

Seriously, I have no idea where I'm going to get those (last time I used them was literally 25 years ago). Will see if I have anything on file at home, or if my old resumé was kept here (it's policy, it should have been, buuuuut....). Then it's 'call college - right when school is starting, this couldn't have happened at a better time' and potentially 'try to write resumé from scratch', arrgh.

Should be amusing. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Good job on the promotion mate.

I also had my current employers be like "We would like proof of your degree," and I was like "Uuhhhh..."

Fortunately, my mother had a scan of it to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Good job on the promotion mate.

I also had my current employers be like "We would like proof of your degree," and I was like "Uuhhhh..."

Fortunately, my mother had a scan of it to hand.
    It's vaguely possible it's at home. I mean, I have a set of files and such. I should have kept it.

I mean, it's the kind of thing I would have held onto. I guess I'll see.

Hopefully I'll also find my extremely dated resume, which will help whipping up a new one.

In any case, these are stumblingblocks, not real issues. I can get past this, and it's all good news.
    Why are we here?

At the risk of sounding old, just chatted with a nice young lady from my college, got my old student number and the forms I need assuming I cannot find what I require at home. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Nice.

*limit dance*
    Why are we here?

Personally, I'd be all for the cutting down of meat consumption to solely what you can hunt and/or fish for yourself or what is sold at market by the local community.

Don't see myself ever cutting out animal products completely (cheese/eggs) and I don't see the world ever going that route, but... There really isn't an argument to justify continuing with the current "commercial" meat market when it's such a large factor in climate change.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Personally, I'd be all for the cutting down of meat consumption to solely what you can hunt and/or fish for yourself or what is sold at market by the local community.

Don't see myself ever cutting out animal products completely (cheese/eggs) and I don't see the world ever going that route, but... There really isn't an argument to justify continuing with the current "commercial" meat market when it's such a large factor in climate change.
    Would I be ecstatic if the entire world went Vegan? Sure. ^_^ But as you say, not going to happen, at least not for a long, long time (many generations) if ever.

I'm certainly not going after the subsistence hunters and such with regards to climate change, as they're responsible for like...next-to-nothing?

I'll take 'enough to actually make a difference with Climate Change', though, and I feel that's necessary. Will note that the dairy industry is almost as bad with regards to the damage it does. It's animal ag as a whole, lumped together, that is really messing things up.

At this rather desperate point, I think the world moving towards a plant-based diet (as much as feasibly possible for each individual*) is a whole lot better than 'the world does nothing', which is...unfortunately the norm.

I'm sure there will be people who would love to argue =, at which point my response is "You aren't arguing with 'me and my beliefs'; you're arguing with the IPCC and its scientific findings."

* I am fully aware that there are people who cannot, for a variety of legit reasons, go on a full plant-based diet, but they are the exceptions and people using them to shield their own choices ought to be ashamed. Sadly, it happens all-too-often.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Would I be ecstatic if the entire world went Vegan? Sure. ^_^ But as you say, not going to happen, at least not for a long, long time (many generations) if ever.

I'm certainly not going after the subsistence hunters and such with regards to climate change, as they're responsible for like...next-to-nothing?

I'll take 'enough to actually make a difference with Climate Change', though, and I feel that's necessary. Will note that the dairy industry is almost as bad with regards to the damage it does. It's animal ag as a whole, lumped together, that is really messing things up.

At this rather desperate point, I think the world moving towards a plant-based diet (as much as feasibly possible for each individual*) is a whole lot better than 'the world does nothing', which is...unfortunately the norm.

I'm sure there will be people who would love to argue =, at which point my response is "You aren't arguing with 'me and my beliefs'; you're arguing with the IPCC and its scientific findings."

* I am fully aware that there are people who cannot, for a variety of legit reasons, go on a full plant-based diet, but they are the exceptions and people using them to shield their own choices ought to be ashamed. Sadly, it happens all-too-often.
    Might be a bit of a hottake, but I wouldn't be against the government stepping in and limiting the number of farms, and making it so there's a set amount producing x amount per annum.

The issue is, as always, people.

Plus the sheer amount of meat that people eat would probably make it a nightmare to scale down, among other things, but at this point something has gotta give and the Oil & Gas Industry isn't about to.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I will say, California setting a ban on the sale of gas powered cars by like, mid 2030s is a pretty cool step.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There are a lot of mechs that were **** mechs, or poorly designed, as I recall, but this one does seem rather...bleah.

...where's my Hatchetman?
    Yeah, one of those "it sounds great on paper, but actually sucks when tested in actual combat" mechs.

...I mean it ain't the Charger levels of bad but the Bombardier...Yeah.