The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yo Iron Twister -

Guess what the Takarazuka Revue just did?

IMG_5374.jpg IMG_5375.jpg

[Me] *jaw drops*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Talking comics with some folks, and I was reminded of an interesting mini-series I acquired some time ago, where the comic is done in the style of a fold-out poster, so as you turn the "pages" the story unfolds (lol) depending on the layout.
    I hadn't seen another comic before or since do something like this. Although someone showed me another sample of someone doing a poster-sized page, it wasn't designed to fold/unfold like this to follow the story.
    I'd rate the comic as "okay", but I always thought this format was a neat gimmick.

Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-10-2022 at 07:44 AM.

That IS an interesting gimmick, as you say.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yo Iron Twister -

Guess what the Takarazuka Revue just did?

IMG_5374.jpg IMG_5375.jpg

[Me] *jaw drops*
    Well damn...That's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Best part is how all of the gang leaders are immediately recognizable despite looking...rather different.

Maaaaan, I hope this somehow becomes available at some point.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    cpl73a00000c1yob.jpg

Dammit, Takarazuka Revue! How dare you make this look so good.
    Why are we here?

That IS an interesting gimmick, as you say.
    It reminds me of that video about making comics the old fashioned way, the comics are printed in a poster-style that's then folded up, stapled, and the edges chopped off; printing an actual poster-comic saves you a couple steps! :V

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Alright. This could be worth watching.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Best part is how all of the gang leaders are immediately recognizable despite looking...rather different.

Maaaaan, I hope this somehow becomes available at some point.
    Indeedy. The series is pretty colorful and interesting with the characters that I kinda figured whose who.

Right now, just waiting for the soundtrack of the latest film to come out....We Never Die (Suzuran's theme) is on constant repeat in my head.

And lo, finally did I deign to observe the film known as Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: The Evangelioning.

Well, that was anime as goddamn balls, but I would expect nothing less from the Eva series. I suppose it felt like a decent wrap up for the Rebuild, but I'll be honest, I did not enjoy hardly any of the dialogue or characters (almost everyone talks in anime philosophies), the angel/eva/etc fights hit the anime equivalent of Bayformer action for me, Mari still feels like an annoying extra, and, well, even as someone who's seen all of Eva, I come away feeling, "this better be the last goddamned movie, I swear to god".

Let's see, some positives... The final conflict in the mind space was kinda clever, and I liked this version of the "psycho-therapy dialogue" that's become the send off of every Eva finale a bit more. I don't think it's spoilers at this point to say one happens, but it feels more clean. Maybe too clean, I dunno. I like that we saw more of Gendo. The setting itself was pretty cool, with the crimson world contrasting with the oasis spots, and the shots of random stuff free-floating on the edges of the L-fields. A gorgeously monochromee post-apocalypse. Asuka was the one character who didn't annoy me when she talked, and I suppose the cliffnotes version of Rei relearning humanity was a nice little sequence if a bit cliche. I guess the new power-ups for the Eva's were interesting. The ending theme "Beautiful World" is still moving. New version is nice.

All and all, I'll give it a "Huh" outta 10.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 09-10-2022 at 05:46 PM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, Penny Blood is actually half-spiritual successor/interquel. According to a new interview, it takes place almost a decade after Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant but before Shadow Hearts 3. I wonder if Armed Fantasia is also in the same boat with Wild Arms.
    Honestly, I'd rather both not be connected at all to their respective spiritual predecessors, but that's (probably) just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I'm pretty sure all life on Earth is mutants.
    If all life on Earth is mutants, wouldn't that mean that no life on Earth is mutant?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    If all life on Earth is mutants, wouldn't that mean that no life on Earth is mutant?
    Well how's he supposed to burn the world down that way? >:T

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.