Superman: Saving the day by dancing!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Superman: Saving the day by dancing!
    Somewhere, Starlord is smiling.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Just watched through DOTA: Dragon's Blood on Netflix. It is quite a fun show.

I know nothing about the lores of the games or anyone is in those. But besides a couple of things it didn't feel like I was missing out on anything because of that.

The animation is generally gorgeous, the characters are likeable and/or interesting to keep me engaged (Marci is the best and deserves the world) and I appreciated the big fantasy concepts being thrown around, especially in the final season.

On the downside, the story felt a bit unfocused, and while there were solid narrative threads they all felt a bit loosely connected. And early on in the final season the show takes an odd turn and become less about spoilers:
    stopping any evil villain and more about philosophical ponderings related to knowing that you're living in a universe that's been forcibly recreated.
    end of spoilers Which wasn't bad, but a bit unexpected.

Overall though, I quite enjoyed the show for what it was and feel that's gone under the general radar a bit. Did anybody else watch this?
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 09-20-2022 at 10:43 AM.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Confirmed: The Joker more law-abiding than the Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Sega is hitting it out of the park this year with both Sonic and Yakuza.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Seven Deadly Sins 4KoTA: Well, Nakaba has firmly established in this chapter that Meliodas and presumably the other Sins (plus Elizabeth) have not slacked at all in the past 16 years and have only become more powerful(Meliodas hasn't even transformed yet). Which makes Arthur even more imposing and calamitous as a threat. Percival, you and your crew need a bloody training arc and quickly.

My Forum check it out

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Seven Deadly Sins 4KoTA: Well, Nakaba has firmly established in this chapter that Meliodas and presumably the other Sins (plus Elizabeth) have not slacked at all in the past 16 years and have only become more powerful(Meliodas hasn't even transformed yet). Which makes Arthur even more imposing and calamitous as a threat. Percival, you and your crew need a bloody training arc and quickly.
    Before a training arc I think somebody needs to sit down with the Horsemen and just talk to them They are still clearly immature and need a responsible adult to talk them through a few things. I nominate Elizabeth and Elaine for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Before a training arc I think somebody needs to sit down with the Horsemen and just talk to them They are still clearly immature and need a responsible adult to talk them through a few things. I nominate Elizabeth and Elaine for this.
    I presume that may occur while they're in Britannia, depending on the conclusion of this battle. I'd also add Hendricksen to that list.

Respect.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator