Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The entire little presentation about NieR: Automata ver1.1a, including a discussion with the main japanese voice actors as well as Yoko Taro and the anime producer.

God, do I dread this. Not because I believe the adaptation will be bad - quite the contrary - but because I am not looking forward to taking Lexapro to handle the inevitable depression that will ensue from watching 2B, 9S and A2 go through this nightmare again. On the plus side, people will appreciate that Taro Yako is just as good at shattering people's souls with nihilistic despair as Gen Urobuchi.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    One Piece:

And now for something completely different in look to the last arc.

spoilers:
    Also, Vegapunk!
    end of spoilers
    That was a surprise. After so many years of build up I did not expect that.

This'll be interesting, I'm down for more Marine stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    My Hero Academia: Dammit, Lemillion! spoilers:
    I wanted to see Deku's new OFA transformation generated out of rage and you ruined it by calming him down. Curse you for being a good boy!
    end of spoilers
    Don't listen to him Lemillion! You did a great job! I am very happy with this outcome.
    spoilers:
    I want to see calm and orderly Deku take on Shiggy with proper control of his powers.
    end of spoilers

Oh Capcom, you bastards! How dare you make a Onimusha anime without giving us a fifth game!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

New Rurouni Kenshin trailer:

New Rurouni Kenshin trailer:
    Bring on the Jinchu Arc!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Man, Undead Unluck is fucking hype right now.

Juiz hopefully doing cool **** next chapter!

God, do I dread this. Not because I believe the adaptation will be bad - quite the contrary - but because I am not looking forward to taking Lexapro to handle the inevitable depression that will ensue from watching 2B, 9S and A2 go through this nightmare again. On the plus side, people will appreciate that Taro Yako is just as good at shattering people's souls with nihilistic despair as Gen Urobuchi.
    Well, I'm prepared to eat my words. One of Urobutcher's older works is getting an anime adaptation. Yay, double the despair, double the alcohol that I will consume.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Bring on the Jinchu Arc!
    It took over 24 years, but we're finally seeing it animated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Man, Undead Unluck is fucking hype right now.

Juiz hopefully doing cool **** next chapter!
    They're busting out literal God Tools. Damn right, she's going to do something amazing.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-25-2022 at 02:39 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

So there's some dumb Evangelion discourse today that got me thinking about how the creator of MD Geist (which I feel is really good and very unfairly maligned) felt the way about Amuro Rei that some people do about Shinji. And it's just funny to me because like he talks about this in the commentary and how he was tired of "whiny teen characters" so he just wanted to make a cool badass adult dude who killed robots for fun and rode motorcycles. But like he clearly understood what was going on with Amuro, because his cool space marine guy who's meant to be the opposite of Amuro is practically deconstructing its own archetype by having him be every bit the manipulative, violent, abusive monster he'd have to be in order to be that guy. The man even has this unsettling slasher smile.

Anyway I just think it's neat.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    So there's some dumb Evangelion discourse today that got me thinking about how the creator of MD Geist (which I feel is really good and very unfairly maligned) felt the way about Amuro Rei that some people do about Shinji. And it's just funny to me because like he talks about this in the commentary and how he was tired of "whiny teen characters" so he just wanted to make a cool badass adult dude who killed robots for fun and rode motorcycles. But like he clearly understood what was going on with Amuro, because his cool space marine guy who's meant to be the opposite of Amuro is practically deconstructing its own archetype by having him be every bit the manipulative, violent, abusive monster he'd have to be in order to be that guy. The man even has this unsettling slasher smile.

Anyway I just think it's neat.

This was done because the creator of MD Geist understood a little something called nuance and proper character writing. Something that most writers today wouldn't know if it bit them in their collective asses.
    Last edited by Crunkula; 09-25-2022 at 09:03 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    This was done because the creator of MD Geist understood a little something called nuance and proper character writing. Something that most writers today wouldn't know if it bit them in their collective asses.
    MD Geist?

This MD Geist?

I got this film on DVD from a pound shop like ten years ago and while it's doofy fun, I wouldn't say it's got that much going on in terms of nuance or character.

I mean, who cannot love the Brain Palace and the Death Force.

Toshimichi Mori (creator of the Blazblue fighting game series) announced that he has resigned from ASW and will act as a freelance game developer.

Damn, so Ragna will just be chilling in non-existence and forgotten by the world for all of eternity. Whereas Sol in GG gets most of his humanity back (which is a bit of pity from a meta-perspective since we never do see his Full Gear form), gets a red-haired wife, and finally appreciates the fact that he has friends and family that love him. Ragna really does have the worst luck of any fictional character.

Hopefully, he'll stay in contact with them and act as a consultant if/when they decide that they want to continue the series.

Speaking of GG, Ishiwatari has semi-hinted in recent interviews that he may also retire from GG when he completes all of the promised revamps(bringing back IKs, Gold/Black Mode characters, EX moves, etc) and DLC plans(consisting of bringing in returning and new characters as well as new Story scenarios) for Strive and pursue new projects. Of course, the aforementioned will take a few years to complete.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 09-26-2022 at 08:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Kaguya-sama: Love Is War Openings Medley LIVE

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

WOOH! I'm not only a Gear King +1, but Team Gear won the Splatfest! Starting off Splatoon 3 right this time!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Gachiakuta: So, according to the authoress, the first three volumes/28 chapters of this manga were merely the prologue? and we're finally entering the actual story. O_o

Jesus, how long does she intend to make this series? She also announced the official overseas publication of the manga is nearly complete.

Also, this animation is dope:https://twitter.com/i/status/1571307817038123009

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    I dunno, the MD of MD Geist stands for "Most Dangerous", denoting that he is one of - if not indeed the upper echelon of - the Most Dangerous genetically engineered super soldiers of his generation.

I feel BitVyper's broader point was that it would take a certain personality type to actually enjoy the whole 'get in the robot' scenario that Amuro and later Shinji find themselves in and it wouldn't be kids that are forcefully drafted into a war against mechs or monsters, it'd be someone who's a bit of an unhinged edgelord.

Mobile Suit Gundam and Evangelion aren't really about "get robot, get bitches." If they were, we'd have completely different shows with a different sort of lead.