The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    We have two characters in the RPG which entirely opposite approaches but neither of which really do any damage haha.

If someone wants to be the big strong person to do the punching, that would be most welcome.
    Yeah, going to be a while for me to build up to the point where I'm also doing stuff like 'Ignore a whole lot of defenses'. Need to actually get some techniques for that, as well.

For now, squishy annoyance.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

'Growth, growth, growth.'
    - Liz Truss

Cripes, when are people going to figure it out?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Mentally recall all my mental notes...Wow, definitely changed the direction of my main stories it's like night and day now.

Still keeping the delivery service ninjas and their many many petty feuds everyone in town loathes.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Mentally recall all my mental notes...Wow, definitely changed the direction of my main stories it's like night and day now.

Still keeping the delivery service ninjas and their many many petty feuds everyone in town loathes.
    Writing evolves. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Writing evolves. ^_^
    Yeah, 13 years of mental notes....I seriously need to make a document or something

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Yeah, 13 years of mental notes....I seriously need to make a document or something
    Probably a good idea... ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

'Growth, growth, growth.'
    - Liz Truss

Cripes, when are people going to figure it out?

Niiiice.

If, you know, enraging.

Edit: to honk myself off further, let's go to the CBC website and see what they're NOT covering today! ^_^ Probably NOT the IMF saying 'Hey, it'll be expensive to start dealing with climate change - loss of growth [Announcer's voice: Which is the problem] and more inflation - but it'll be a ****-ton more expensive if we don't hit our targets and at least mitigate the damage!'

Edit: prophetic of me. -_-
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-05-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Why are we here?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Simply epic.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

RIP Kim Jung Gi.

His work speaks for itself, but here's an old interview/bio from Stan Prokopenko that goes into his life and process.

47 is way too young.

Brainstorming characters for the Ruins rpg and rn I have two chars that I would’ve liked to use somewhere in sone form for a little while now so they’re competing in my head lol.

Ones more interesting on a character level but the other is more interesting on a “write combat scenes good” way hmm
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Brainstorming characters for the Ruins rpg and rn I have two chars that I would’ve liked to use somewhere in sone form for a little while now so they’re competing in my head lol.

Ones more interesting on a character level but the other is more interesting on a “write combat scenes good” way hmm
    Try making both, and see which one turns out better.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

I mean these are perfectly serviceable. Panel flow makes sense, perspective is present. The art isn't super technical but it's readable and you can suss out what's going on.
    Thanks. "Serviceable" is the most realistic goal for me to shoot for at this stage. :V

I'd be intrigued to see you try speech and lettering because boy is that stuff way harder than it looks.
    I have actually done a few things with speech bubbles, though nothing I feel comfortable posting here. It is indeed more difficult to work with than one would think. I will say, even as someone who has mostly had a relatively minimalist writing style (though maybe not as much so in recent years), it is definitely a separate skill to be able to properly script a comic.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 10-05-2022 at 02:58 PM.

Is nobody going to give a shot at Nik's system?

What is Rumbles coming to?

[Shakes cane] You kids! Get off my lawn!
    If I get more than 30 seconds to look at anything, I absolutely want to, but at a time when work is ridiculously busy, I’m also directing a play and my wife is having a spinal procedure (non-surgical… for now), I’m finding time to be at a bit of a premium.