Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Well...the easy thing to do is Not Watch. ^_^ Then Amazon loses, as well.
    That's what I'm doing. As I was conveying in an earlier post, I am not a masochist who wishes to indulge in material or media that will only serve to disappoint/piss me off. After going through years of CW's DC mediocrity and RWBY, I've finally learned my lesson on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Problem is, the bad stuff, anymore, is getting cloaked in sociopoltical arguments. So well meaning and constructive critique is conflated with the horrible (and racist) "da elves ain't white" takes; and summarily discarded.
    So, essentially like what happened with the last Star Wars trilogy?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Problem is, the bad stuff, anymore, is getting cloaked in sociopoltical arguments. So well meaning and constructive critique is conflated with the horrible (and racist) "da elves ain't white" takes; and summarily discarded.
    Oh for sure, but I gave up on that part of things getting straightened out (quickly) since a lot of MCU stuff came out. As long as I have a group I can complain to on that level I’m good.

The plus side for me on that front at least is that with time those arguments have their truths come to light too in the circles I care for anyway. It’s happened with the Star Wars stuff for them in my experience at this point
    Last edited by Postmania; 10-11-2022 at 10:18 AM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I mean this is kind of the Tolkien Estate's fault after a fashion as I understand it? They severely limited what they were allowed to use, and didn't pay attention to say, Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire; and how quickly off the rails that went the moment they ran out of source material.

That said, no people shouldn't like things that are bad.

They should like things that are good.

'Good' when it comes to media is largely (but not always) subjective, you say?

... *sigh* yea.
    Oh, DEFINITELY the Tolkien Estate's fault.

An interesting and valid point, truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    That's what I'm doing. As I was conveying in an earlier post, I am not a masochist who wishes to indulge in material or media that will only serve to disappoint/piss me off. After going through years of CW's DC mediocrity and RWBY, I've finally learned my lesson on that score.
    Thumbs up, man. If something isn't worth one's time...
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

I've been watching some of the old universal Horror flicks. Dracula, Frankenstein, The wolfman, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, Bride of Frankenstein, and Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman so far

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    No judgement on your tastes, Frenchie. But, yeah, another thing Amazon got way wrong. Galadriel was noted by Tolkien as being as tall as a male Noldor.

Noldor were TALL (small, frail elves is a DND thing). Galadriel world be somewhere between 6’4” and 6’6”.
    Amazon didn't want to hire an actual Amazon? *gasp* SO shocked!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2022/1...a-rip-current/

Takahashi's death was already a tragedy, this makes it even more of one

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    https://ravegrl.wordpress.com/2022/1...a-rip-current/

Takahashi's death was already a tragedy, this makes it even more of one
    Not only a manga legend, but a hero in the truest sense. May he rest in peace.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Sydney Sweeney to Star in New ‘Barbarella’ Film at Sony Pictures

Sydney Sweeney has found another film project to add to her slate, setting plans to star in a new “Barbarella” movie for Sony Pictures, a source close to the project confirmed.

The film remains in early development, with no director, producer or writer currently attached.

Sweeney seemed to confirm her involvement with the project through an Instagram post late Tuesday afternoon. The actress shared an image of original artwork from the original 1968 film with the caption, “Time to save the universe.”
    Anyone here familiar with the original?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yes.

_______

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    An interesting variation, though the concept has been used many times over.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Just stop programming super serial killer strength into robots.

Nice dance moves though!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Why on earth would you remake Barbarella? It's a weird and shonky art film that is perhaps peak 70s.

Just leave it alone.

In other news, retired video essayist, Lindsay Ellis dropped a new video about Lord of the Rings on Nebula looking at the adaptation decisions made in Jackson's trilogy of films and /very briefly/ commenting on Rings of Power.

I don't know if many other people have a Nebula subscription but I think the LotR folks here might find it interesting as to why some things in the trilogy are the way they are.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Amazon didn't want to hire an actual Amazon? *gasp* SO shocked!
    Some irony there, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Why on earth would you remake Barbarella? It's a weird and shonky art film that is perhaps peak 70s.

Just leave it alone.
    This passion for remakes is getting painful, I agree.

In other news, retired video essayist, Lindsay Ellis dropped a new video about Lord of the Rings on Nebula looking at the adaptation decisions made in Jackson's trilogy of films and /very briefly/ commenting on Rings of Power.

I don't know if many other people have a Nebula subscription but I think the LotR folks here might find it interesting as to why some things in the trilogy are the way they are.
    No subscription.

I've heard some explanations before (including from Jackson), and while certain points made sense, others simply did not and came off as attempts at rationalization and excusing after-the-fact. I would be curious to hear these ones; pity.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate