Page 198 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 981481881941951961971981992002012022082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 36884
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Gosu Season 2 Chapter 3...seems to end with a bigtime shout-out to Yongbi. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Gosu Season 2 Chapter 3...seems to end with a bigtime shout-out to Yongbi. ^_^
    It's the same creator so I would not be surprised. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's the same creator so I would not be surprised. XD
    Absolutely.

It looks like from the silhouettes (and clipped shots - the artist is VERY careful not to show full faces) that at least one of the characters from Yongbi (older) was his host during his year off -- I forget the guy's name, but he was some monstrously huge fighter with surprising depth, known all over the place as 'the Destroyer' or something along those lines EDIT: Goo Hwi, the Heaven Ravager King. Possibly the main character as well, given the silhouette at the end of the scene.

If they turn up again as different characters, then I'm wrong, but it just felt that way.

Edit: Just looked it up, and yep, same guy. Decades later. Yongbi clearly happens multiple decades before Gosu.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-26-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Absolutely.

It looks like from the silhouettes (and clipped shots - the artist is VERY careful not to show full faces) that at least one of the characters from Yongbi (older) was his host during his year off -- I forget the guy's name, but he was some monstrously huge fighter with surprising depth, known all over the place as 'the Destroyer' or something along those lines EDIT: Goo Hwi, the Heaven Ravager King. Possibly the main character as well, given the silhouette at the end of the scene.

If they turn up again as different characters, then I'm wrong, but it just felt that way.

Edit: Just looked it up, and yep, same guy. Decades later. Yongbi clearly happens multiple decades before Gosu.
    Ah, I never made it all the way through Yongbi so I didn't know.

So, those characters will become more significant in Gosu as things progress. ^_^

Ah, I never made it all the way through Yongbi so I didn't know.

So, those characters will become more significant in Gosu as things progress. ^_^
    Oh, that guy is in it from the beginning. He's the big dude the main character is dragging around with him (all tied up, because he has a huge bounty on his head). He's also probably the second most important character in Yongbi.

I DID make it through Yongbi, but really needed to force myself. It wasn't great. Some parts of it were good, but other parts...less-so.

...I'm thinking that 'White Horse' in Gosu probably refers to Yongbi's horse in his own comic.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-26-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Why are we here?

New player joining my Anima shortly. Will continue doing my weekly posts until stuff picks up, and then I'll move it to Biweekly.
    Why are we here?

Whelp back to hiatusville for HunterxHunter... I swear to God did ANYTHING happen in this batch of chapters?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Whelp back to hiatusville for HunterxHunter... I swear to God did ANYTHING happen in this batch of chapters?!
    Disappointment, sounds like.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Oh, that guy is in it from the beginning. He's the big dude the main character is dragging around with him (all tied up, because he has a huge bounty on his head). He's also probably the second most important character in Yongbi.

I DID make it through Yongbi, but really needed to force myself. It wasn't great. Some parts of it were good, but other parts...less-so.

...I'm thinking that 'White Horse' in Gosu probably refers to Yongbi's horse in his own comic.
    I read the first few chapters, mostly because I like Gosu so much I was curious and found it very hard going. I might go back and give it another shot but it didn't grab me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Togashi is really digging into "How far can I push the concept of ensemble cast and network storytelling," and, no lies, it is a grind right now.

I think, once stuff starts to happen properly, it's going to happen really quite fast and, I think, this whole arc would benefit from binge reading when it's done. The serial format is really making a somewhat dry story like the centre of the Gobi desert.

New player joining my Anima shortly. Will continue doing my weekly posts until stuff picks up, and then I'll move it to Biweekly.
    Is it a squid-chinned, boat-hatted, old one by any chance?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Time to pimp some more web serials.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

I read the first few chapters, mostly because I like Gosu so much I was curious and found it very hard going. I might go back and give it another shot but it didn't grab me that much.

Togashi is really digging into "How far can I push the concept of ensemble cast and network storytelling," and, no lies, it is a grind right now.

I think, once stuff starts to happen properly, it's going to happen really quite fast and, I think, this whole arc would benefit from binge reading when it's done. The serial format is really making a somewhat dry story like the centre of the Gobi desert.
    this whole batch of chapters just has been set up, which is togashi bread and butter. there were some interesting bits, like finding out that no one can leave the boat or something will just straight up kill them and that some of the princes have developed some truly busted ablities. but i can see where the grind is coming from.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

wait a tick.

dice master are bringing in WH40K into the game? and you can play as ultra marines, space wolves and orks?

yesssss!
    Last edited by master of read; 11-26-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Update on my cable...I can't cancel it yet. Apparently they moved my contract date to mid December. So unless I'm willing to pay 40 bucks to cancel early, hooo...Yeah, I can wait.

...Which means a few more weeks of wrestling to watch.