The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I know a thing or two, and I know that when you collect an environmental sample (or any kind of sample) you need to label it and identify it, it's source, when the sample was taken, and where it was taken from. It's basic scientific methodology.
    That part he sort of got correct. What he didn't get right was letting us know its hazards before we started working with it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

for those of you wondering how things are in the UK right now

A major newspaper has the following livestream up right now:

Loving living in a very normal country.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    for those of you wondering how things are in the UK right now

A major newspaper has the following livestream up right now:

Loving living in a very normal country.
    I'll put $1 on Liz Truss. Much as I'd prefer the lettuce, she's probably a vampire.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well, she's just sacked the Chancellor so...

Yep. Sacked for trying to implement her economic policy and replaced by someone who supported Rishi Sunak’s policy in the leadership election, so she’s now done more u-turns than a driving instructor.

Remember when we could point at Trump and say “at least we don’t have that”?

Thank god for Putin and Bolsonaro.

Actually I can’t in good conscience thank anyone for Putin and Bolsonaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yep. Sacked for trying to implement her economic policy and replaced by someone who supported Rishi Sunak’s policy in the leadership election, so she’s now done more u-turns than a driving instructor.
    While I dunno if he's reputable as far as political coverage on your side of the world, I've been enjoying James O'Brien's coverage of Liz Truss' insanity.

What I think stands out to me though, is how similar her style of speech is, to Trump's.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    While I dunno if he's reputable as far as political coverage on your side of the world, I've been enjoying James O'Brien's coverage of Liz Truss' insanity.
    He's currently the presenter on most listened to radio show in the country, he left the BBC on grounds ethics so he's pretty well regarded.

Albeit, he's a more radio journalist/presenter rather than a straight up journalist. Good interviewer though, his podcast is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He's currently the presenter on most listened to radio show in the country, he left the BBC on grounds ethics so he's pretty well regarded.

Albeit, he's a more radio journalist/presenter rather than a straight up journalist. Good interviewer though, his podcast is quite good.
    Yea I'm not too up on who to look to for good UK journalism but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders as a radio host, and I enjoy his rants when someone like Rees-Mogg says something particularly dumb. About the only one I do listen to though.

Arx Inosaan

RIP Robbie Coltrane.

A true giant of his craft.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I thought we would maybe be in for a better year, this year. But things in the US seem to be going downhill still, Canada is following suit with our own various conservative parties, and the British government continues its trip down the swirling passage.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

One Piece!

spoilers:

Blackbeard VS Law!

Place Your Bets!

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Froggy - have cleared space in my PMs.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!