While I commend her for standing up for her rights in this industry, I lose some empathy when she demands that fans should boycott the game *and* more troubling, states that another voice actress - who is simply doing her job - "doesn't deserve to be Bayonetta" other than her. I'm sorry, but that's a toxic and narcissistic thing to say.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

That doesn't seem that unreasonable to feel. It's like how Harrison Ford said he'd always be Indiana Jones.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Welp. As much as people criticise the MCU, the season finale of She-Hulk might be one of the more original things they’ve done.

But now I’ve started watching Werewolf by Night which, after only a few minutes in, might have just smashed that benchmark.

spoilers:
    I mean, ****, the clunky animatronic corpse of Ulysses Bloodstone making bad puns was… I mean it was… well, it happened.
    end of spoilers

I can't believe Helck is actually an anime adaptation.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Welp. As much as people criticise the MCU, the season finale of She-Hulk might be one of the more original things they’ve done.

But now I’ve started watching Werewolf by Night which, after only a few minutes in, might have just smashed that benchmark.

spoilers:
    I mean, ****, the clunky animatronic corpse of Ulysses Bloodstone making bad puns was… I mean it was… well, it happened.
    end of spoilers
    The benchmark for Disney stuff I’ve heard now is the Andor show. Which means I may need to end my moratorium on Star wars shows I suppose
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

OK, so after watching Werewolf by Night,

spoilers:
    I am hype. For two reasons. Neither of them are about Jack himself, though they did manage to make him interesting, which I thought might be a struggle.

1. Man-Thing
    2. Elsa is great. And since Monica is already a thing in the MCU, and Marvel suddenly out of nowhere this year teased a Nextwave reunion in Spider-Man for the first time since… ever… then, man, if they do MCU Nextwave I may lose my mind.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    OK, so after watching Werewolf by Night,

spoilers:
    I am hype. For two reasons. Neither of them are about Jack himself, though they did manage to make him interesting, which I thought might be a struggle.

1. Man-Thing
    2. Elsa is great. And since Monica is already a thing in the MCU, and Marvel suddenly out of nowhere this year teased a Nextwave reunion in Spider-Man for the first time since… ever… then, man, if they do MCU Nextwave I may lose my mind.
    end of spoilers
    Fun fact, Werewolf By Night is a directorial debut. Though you may have heard the director's name before, because he's done a lot of film scores. It's Michael Giacchino

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

While I commend her for standing up for her rights in this industry, I lose some empathy when she demands that fans should boycott the game *and* more troubling, states that another voice actress - who is simply doing her job - "doesn't deserve to be Bayonetta" other than her. I'm sorry, but that's a toxic and narcissistic thing to say.
    I mean she doesn't demand. She specifically says it's your choice but I'm asking you to boycott.

And it is ridiculously low pay. A mate of mine who is a voice actor got paid over half that for a washing powered commercial he did which was like a few days work.

This would have been months of labour for her and she's already been in two previous projects. Is extremely insulting to be lowballed that hard.

But I agree, her having a crack at the other actor is not great. Like people gotta eat and it sucks that someone took the shitty pay but I'm not going too harsh someone for hustling.

I already had some misgivings about the game, learning about this has not helped.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 10-15-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean she doesn't demand. She specifically says it's your choice but I'm asking you to boycott.

And it is ridiculously low pay. A mate of mine who is a voice actor got paid over half that for a washing powered commercial he did which was like a few days work.

This would have been months of labour for her and she's already been in two previous projects. Is extremely insulting to be lowballed that hard.

But I agree, her having a crack at the other actor is not great. Like people gotta eat and it sucks that someone took the shitty pay but I'm not going too harsh someone for hustling.

I already had some misgivings about the game, learning about this has not helped.
    I guess I'd have two questions honestly.

Does she know how much the other VA got paid. Was anyone who got the spot getting the pay she was offered?

I boycott Nindendo, generally, for a handful of reasons. I don't need another reason, but being sure about it is always swell.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I guess I'd have two questions honestly.

Does she know how much the other VA got paid. Was anyone who got the spot getting the pay she was offered?

I boycott Nindendo, generally, for a handful of reasons. I don't need another reason, but being sure about it is always swell.
    Everyone on social media is in conspiracy theory mode at the moment, but considering that Jennifer Hale(Bayonetta's new VA), Yuri Lowenthal, and Grey DeLisle are all hugely prolific VAs who have not uttered any complaints in regards to payment for their work in Bayonetta 3, it's assumed they were paid much more substantially for their roles compared to Taylor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Gundam: Witch from Mercury continues to be a really fun series. Four (technically three) episodes in and I really dig the animation style, Aerial’s mech design, and even the story so far has been an interesting divergence over the normal Gundam stuff. Also, Suletta (main character) might be one of the most wholesome/nicest/most genuine Gundam pilots I’ve seen so far.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Everyone on social media is in conspiracy theory mode at the moment, but considering that Jennifer Hale(Bayonetta's new VA), Yuri Lowenthal, and Grey DeLisle are all hugely prolific VAs who have not uttered any complaints in regards to payment for their work in Bayonetta 3, it's assumed they were paid much more substantially for their roles compared to Taylor.
    Taylor mentions in the video that she's breaking her NDA, the rest of the cast likely have NDAs in place as well and aren't likely going to jeopardise their relationship with the company even if they aren't being paid very well. That's the purpose of an NDA, to discourage exactly this sort of thing.

Jennifer Hale is a big name and likely wouldn't work for $4K. But equally, if they were going to go with another actor, why even make Taylor such a piss offer?

Platinum/Nintendo are well within their rights to just say "we're going with a different VA for this project, thank you got your interest," Taylor had to audition again and everything so there was a process.

It's a really odd situation on all sides.

Mhm.

I kinda get the feeling that they didn't want her to reprise, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Taylor mentions in the video that she's breaking her NDA, the rest of the cast likely have NDAs in place as well and aren't likely going to jeopardise their relationship with the company even if they aren't being paid very well. That's the purpose of an NDA, to discourage exactly this sort of thing.

Jennifer Hale is a big name and likely wouldn't work for $4K. But equally, if they were going to go with another actor, why even make Taylor such a piss offer?

Platinum/Nintendo are well within their rights to just say "we're going with a different VA for this project, thank you got your interest," Taylor had to audition again and everything so there was a process.

It's a really odd situation on all sides.
    See it's a piss offer but at the same time, like... assuming a standard four sessions/days to shoot all the VA work, were in line with the standard pay for unionized workers of $1,000 day/session via the Global Voice Acting Association figures. It's only around $250 per day/session for non-union. Then it becomes a question of how long would it have taken, etc, etc.

Which is an issue in and of itself, because holy hell that's low compared to what these productions bring in... But isn't solely a Nintendo/Platinum issue.

Is it a lowball? In my opinion, yea... but it's still in compliance with the basic rates for union work (which is its own issue, see above). Is it rude? In so far as she deserved more for repeat work, I suppose, she helped make Bayonetta, Bayonetta... But if they had her audition like everyone else, it's somewhat clear to me that they weren't set on her reprising the role for the third time; so she auditioned, offered her industry standard, she turned it down... and they went with Hale.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Alaskan Wi-Fi everyone! IGNORE ME.

Arx Inosaan