Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    It's super basic. I just use Staples (Business Depot) and their print service. The binding is just one of those clear-faced, black-backed heat-pressed/glued bindings used for presentation handouts and stuff - they can do some pretty large ones - with a card-stock cover page. I have a specific, simple way of doing the title page: title in bottom right, along with the New Year's Year and possibly a series name, if the story is one in a series, all done in a font I hunt down that I feel captures something of the feel of the title. That's it.

So we have a pile of these things sitting at home, now. ^_^
    Very neat.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Oh, agreed. Valid points, there (and yeah, I view Doom's ego as 'slightly smaller' than the Dorm's because while Doom has a huge ego, he leads with his Intellect - mostly - while with the Dorm it's the opposite. Furnace Face has a huge intellect, but tends to lead with his ego).

So Doom likely thinking 'Yeah, I remember Clea, she was Strange's apprentice, nice girl if a little weak, I'll just go in there and bully her into handing over the stuff.' kind of makes sense.

We then get this super-hilarious conversation where Clea invites him in, offers him coffee, he demands she turn over the trappings of the Sorcerer Supreme to him, and she literally just says 'No.' Leaves it at that. So he's forced to argue with her, she points out that she's Strange's wife and he handed it off to her, Doom loses it (see above) and tries to intimidate her, she basically tells him 'get stuffed, one of the reasons Stephen did this was to keep YOU from becoming Sorcerer Supreme' - all the while still sitting on sofa in her bathrobe drinking coffee. Doom tries to say he'll go complain to the Vishanti, whereupon Clea continues to verbally take him apart, pointing out that he can go 'cry' to the Vishanti about it, but Stephen fought the war of the Seven Spheres for the Vishanti for five thousand years, while Doom basically sat back during the recent crisis of magic (Death of Dr. Strange) and did SDA. And so yes, he could, if he wants, go whine to the Vishanti, but 'who do you think they'll listen to? The wife of Stephen Strange? Or the crying of Doctor Doom?'

At which point Victor decides 'Okay, that's enough of an excuse', says something like 'I will not be spoken to in such a fashion' and starts up with the magic (clearly the point where his ego DOES get away from him), and Clea effortlessly shuts him down again by manifesting her own magic (greater than his). 'And I will not be so spoken to in my place of power!'

Yeah, the whole 'them having a relationship despite being apprentice and master, with a clear power imbalance'...that kind of thing is kind of possible, sure, but 'handle with care'. I think they wanted to move away from that, and also get Stephen to see other women at that point (steady girlfriend for...like, ten years? More? real time). It was the early 80's.

But Clea has come a looooong way from that, becoming a being of enormous power, influence, and importance in her own right, and now? I'm pretty happy with the current status quo, makes for a fun change. Especially since they're playing up her more vicious Faltine side, while legitimately keeping her innate goodness and kindness.

Edit: She's also funny as all get out.
    Strongly seconding all the good things you've said about the new Strange series.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Strongly seconding all the good things you've said about the new Strange series.
    *insert two thumbs up*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My wife is going through dealing with yet another instance of ableism - this one a common one. So very frustrating and demoralizing for her.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I used The Watcher's icon during an April Fool's Moderator Icon Exchange thing about...I dunno, ten years ago? That's it, though! Same Icon since Fall 2005.
    Man, I used to change my Avatar a lot back in the day. But I've stuck with this one since the first Splatoon was a thing.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Man, I used to change my Avatar a lot back in the day. But I've stuck with this one since the first Splatoon was a thing.
    Yeah, you've had that one for a while now.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

*gasp*

Am I getting... OLD? And set in my ways?

*Shocked face*
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Four Knights of the Apocalypse: I do quite like this set up with our leading quartet being the decidedly weakest of the main cast. Even Percy could be considered weaker than his fellow prophesied knights since he's either less experienced or not as strong as the other three. And as has been stated before. They're all teenagers with all the issues that includes. It's a fun contrast to it's parent series' main cast.

spoilers:
    And Arthur is apparently picking the world to shreds piece by piece.
    end of spoilers

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

My wife is going through dealing with yet another instance of ableism - this one a common one. So very frustrating and demoralizing for her.
    That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I change mine every now and then. I think the only reason I had Patriotika for so long is because I left for a few years. :V

Amazon decided to delay my launch edition of God of War until Monday, so congrats Amazon you just got Gamestop another sale

Extraordinary Member

Andor remains phenomenal

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Andor remains phenomenal
    Indeed, great stuff
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Andor remains phenomenal
    Skarsgard and Serkis are amazing.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.