Hey Vak, good to see you.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Hey Vak, good to see you.
    How you doing Beadle?

Oh, y’know… mostly alive. Old, broke, over-worked and sleep-deprived, but otherwise fine. You?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Oh, y’know… mostly alive. Old, broke, over-worked and sleep-deprived, but otherwise fine. You?
    You know, also mostly alive. Kind of disappointed in my antidepressants' and how getting absorbed in online gaming only keeps me so distracted for so long. But otherwise alive yeah I guess.

Sorry to hear that, man. I hope your doctor can sort out some more effective ADs. That’s tough.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Sorry to hear that, man. I hope your doctor can sort out some more effective ADs. That’s tough.
    I don't know, the problem might be antidepressants aren't effective for what I'm trying to use them for. But that's a later concern I guess.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Boo. I'm still bumping around.
    Good to see you, good to know!

You know, also mostly alive. Kind of disappointed in my antidepressants' and how getting absorbed in online gaming only keeps me so distracted for so long. But otherwise alive yeah I guess.
    Urgh. Sorry to hear. Hope that what you actually need gets figured out.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Good to see you Vak!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Hello, Vak. Psyche meds can be tricky, unfortunately, but good you're hanging in there. : (

Good we're all hanging in there.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Made the mistake of taking my various blades home over my holidays a couple of months ago. Haven't had anything real to practice with at work. Snuck them in this morning; first time practicing with proper equipment in two months feels...great. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So I keep learning the hard lesson that international flights are impossible to actually sleep through.

...My Dad probably got the flu again but just gonna get some nyquil for him and hope he gets some sleep during our final flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Good to see you, good to know!
    Good to see you Sharp.

Urgh. Sorry to hear. Hope that what you actually need gets figured out.
    Probably just going to take time to get used to and numbed to the whole dysphoric thoughts and feelings since discovering that part of myself. But I've stuffed my feelings down most of my life and adapted until the depression faded away before, so I'll get through this too eventually. Just takes time to get to that point.
    (I know from the outside that sounds sad and unhealthy, but I don't see self acceptance in my future so kind of all I got.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Good to see you Vak!
    Yahello Cleric! How's life?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Hello, Vak. Psyche meds can be tricky, unfortunately, but good you're hanging in there. : (

Good we're all hanging in there.
    Yahello Shark! Hanging in there is better than the alternative for sure. How're you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Made the mistake of taking my various blades home over my holidays a couple of months ago. Haven't had anything real to practice with at work. Snuck them in this morning; first time practicing with proper equipment in two months feels...great. ^_^
    Be careful you don't get in trouble sneaking blades to work Sharp, don't want to see you all over the news for a misunderstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So I keep learning the hard lesson that international flights are impossible to actually sleep through.

...My Dad probably got the flu again but just gonna get some nyquil for him and hope he gets some sleep during our final flight.
    Try over the counter sleep meds, a night mask or sleep mask or whatever they're called, and some noise canceling headphones with a white noise function or something. I've never flown on a plane, but those work for me elsewhere. I like rain sounds to sleep to.

Hope your dad gets to feeling better.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Thanks Vak. Glad to hear from ya.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Good to see you Sharp.

Probably just going to take time to get used to and numbed to the whole dysphoric thoughts and feelings since discovering that part of myself. But I've stuffed my feelings down most of my life and adapted until the depression faded away before, so I'll get through this too eventually. Just takes time to get to that point.
    (I know from the outside that sounds sad and unhealthy, but I don't see self acceptance in my future so kind of all I got.)

Yahello Cleric! How's life?

Yahello Shark! Hanging in there is better than the alternative for sure. How're you?

Be careful you don't get in trouble sneaking blades to work Sharp, don't want to see you all over the news for a misunderstanding.

Try over the counter sleep meds, a night mask or sleep mask or whatever they're called, and some noise canceling headphones with a white noise function or something. I've never flown on a plane, but those work for me elsewhere. I like rain sounds to sleep to.

Hope your dad gets to feeling better.
    All good on my end, hoss. You?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Thanks Vak. Glad to hear from ya.
    How's things with my favorite metal based meteorological phenomena?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    All good on my end, hoss. You?
    I'm not waiting for death with quite as much impatience as last time, so better I guess. Largely just same old same old really.