Extraordinary Member

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So apparently Jason David Frank, aka Green Ranger Tommy Oliver, has died.
    Damn. He was one of the coolest heroes of my childhood.

Seems to have been suicide. At the age of 49, definitiely not an age to end on.

Rest in peace to a childhood Legend.

And to everybody else, please remember reach out and talk to people. You're not alone.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

COP27 ends, and it was pathetic.

Edit: I mean, by comparison to the other ones, it was good, but that's a freakishly low bar with how absolute trashfire the other ones have been for getting stuff done. Given what we're facing, it was still pretty pathetic.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Damn. He was one of the coolest heroes of my childhood.

Seems to have been suicide. At the age of 49, definitiely not an age to end on.

Rest in peace to a childhood Legend.

And to everybody else, please remember reach out and talk to people. You're not alone.
    Oh, jeez. I read somewhere on the day of the announcement that it was a car accident. Probably some AI bot article writer scrambling information and posting into the news feed.

Well, that's even more sad to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    COP27 ends, and it was pathetic.

Edit: I mean, by comparison to the other ones, it was good, but that's a freakishly low bar with how absolute trashfire the other ones have been for getting stuff done. Given what we're facing, it was still pretty pathetic.
    I am getting the impression that the only way we're ever going to actually limit down fossil fuel use is when we literally run out. Hopefully the equator won't be on fire, and the Antarctic a new sea by then.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-21-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I am getting the impression that the only way we're ever going to actually limit down fossil fuel use is when we literally run out. Hopefully the equator won't be on fire, and the Antarctic a new sea by then.
    It's too late for the latter, I fear (though there is rock under the ice).
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Asta will probably win. But I'm gonna root for my boy here anyway.

I just hope they don't say that Asta can move around at light speed or some such nonsense.

I just hope they don't say that Asta can move around at light speed or some such nonsense.
    It's a coin toss whether they do or don't. They're deliberately selective and inconsistent over what they think constitutes as a feat vs hyperbole .
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

You know they are. Need I remind you of Lightspeed Jonathan and how they got to that?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Hmm... I do not favor Sin. :S

Where's his mom at? :B

So weird. I play X-Hero on my phone and I use the name of my PC in Siriel’s Anima game.

Look at the name just above mine in one of the challenges.

F1B5E11F-14FD-4208-994D-158848E3A896.jpg
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    So weird. I play X-Hero on my phone and I use the name of my PC in Siriel’s Anima game.

Look at the name just above mine in one of the challenges.

F1B5E11F-14FD-4208-994D-158848E3A896.jpg
    You mean, so awesome. ^_^ That's pretty cool, man.

Just as a note, Nik's game has lost some people - the cast list is considerably shorter, and looking like it's going to be a slower game (there are a lot of slower posters in the mix).

No pressure. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I mean, sometimes it does just come down to this, too, so I feel ya.
    Thank Shark.

Yeah, that sounds pretty bad. I hope something is able to give for you, and you can move past this. Wish I had more helpful advice beyond just "hang in there."
    Hang in there is good. Hang in there is all we can do.

Sounds like a cool set up!
    Yeah, it's been stewing in my mind most of my life at this point so it's evolved a lot over the years. There's a lot more that is there that's not relevant to the Dragonknight and Unicorn Princess story. What they (the people on the continent) refer to as The Great Continent is also called the Fourth Continent, as it was the fourth land humanity colonized in ancient times. Fourth Continent is clearly the European medieval fantasy setting where I've thought up most of the mythology. The Third Continent is based more on Asian history culture and fantasy. They have some kind of Fox spirit nature samurai warriors I'm still trying to think the details through. They also just discovered gunpowder - no guns yet, but getting into the first explosives and early cannons. The Second Continent is African inspired, and was once the richest and greatest power of the three main continents, but is going through a harsh time - they were the sailing force of the world before the Leviathan made the seas a more treacherous domain. There's a whole kingdom/city comprised of old ships Lego'd and nailed together in the shallow water off the coast. And finally the First Continent is an arctic wasteland, located up north but closer to our Antarctica in climate and lack of people. The first civilization and humanity's origin lies buried in the Ice.

Also there's dinosaurs in the setting. Not every species of dinosaur, but a few sprinkled here and there for flavor.

Also I'm considering a running joke that the people on every continent always calls theirs the Great Continent.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 11-22-2022 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Also I'm considering a running joke that the people on every continent always calls theirs the Great Continent.
    This would be very apt.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

She makes a persuasive argument.