Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Anime Mash.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Not to be rude, but something I keep noticing: is there a reason the Rumbler's League remains stickied? It doesn't look like it's actually been used for anything since 2018. The 2019 posts appear to have been mistakenly in the wrong thread.

Also, is that Storm Moratorium notice still necessary?
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-26-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Not to be rude, but something I keep noticing: is there a reason the Rumbler's League remains stickied? It doesn't look like it's actually been used for anything since 2018. The 2019 posts appear to have been mistakenly in the wrong thread.

I think there had been an attempt to resurrect it, but I don't think it lasted long. There are still interesting things in there, for the curious. But I'm okay with unstucking it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Undead Unluck:

Really fun chapter this week, really enjoying seeing Fuuko really having mastered her abilities to such a degree.

It keeps Rumbles safe.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Undead Unluck:

Really fun chapter this week, really enjoying seeing Fuuko really having mastered her abilities to such a degree.
    Same, and I'm happy to see the Soul concept worked back into the story in a significant manner. Though, I am left questioning Feng's intelligence since he's presumably fought Fuuko multiple times yet he hasn't connected the random, freak occurrences that happen in his battles to her or at least suspect that something's amiss.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Jujutsu Kaisen:

I love how spoilers:
    Tsukumo just punches straight through Kenjaku's arms, despite him having ridiculous amounts of skill and such. When the gulf in raw power becomes too vast....

I also like the whole 'virtual mass without actual mass' thing. Defies all logic, which is as it should be.
    end of spoilers

Fun stuff, as always.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Jujutsu Kaisen:

I love how spoilers:
    Tsukumo just punches straight through Kenjaku's arms, despite him having ridiculous amounts of skill and such. When the gulf in raw power becomes too vast....

I also like the whole 'virtual mass without actual mass' thing. Defies all logic, which is as it should be.
    end of spoilers

Fun stuff, as always.
    I enjoyed that spoilers:
    at the end of their respective analyses both of them basically went "This ******* is SO annoying! "
    end of spoilers

It's a fun interaction.

It was a nice parallel, yep.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Not to be rude, but something I keep noticing: is there a reason the Rumbler's League remains stickied? It doesn't look like it's actually been used for anything since 2018.
    I tried to get them to sticky the most recent RL Thread a League or two ago, but was soundly ignored. *shrug* So I guess it's here to stay.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Getting a firm answer out of a group of scientist is agonizing. They've spent two weeks hemming and hawing about what to do about a specific group of samples they inform me need to be analyzed YESTERDAY, and finally I sat them down (figuratively speaking) and told them 'Look, NOTHING will get analyzed until you give me an exact list of what you want done with these things.'

So I get the list. Supposed to be firm instructions. Here it is, the final thing. Get going on those samples, Sharp.

Buried in the middle of it:

• Duplicate analyses will be initially requested for all samples; triplicates may be requested later. [Or is there desire/budget for triplicate measures upfront?]

Emphasis NOT mine, that's how I got it.

*bangs head against wall*

I have sent a short response via email saying 'I see an outstanding question, there. Will not proceed until clarified.'

Gaaaaah.

I swear, it's going to be easily three weeks for samples that were supposed to be analyzed ASAP.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-28-2022 at 06:39 AM.
    Why are we here?

Update: after further muttering between scientists, the decision is to go with triplicate. I can now proceed. -_-

Edit: No, I can't, they left more **** out, I am giggling with amused frustration.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-28-2022 at 09:04 AM.
    Why are we here?