Page 203 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 1031531931992002012022032042052062072132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 36955

Iron Liz pointed out recently, that Spoony never really recovered from his breakup with scarlett and never took steps to heal. He also likely wanted to move away from doing his content but the patreon overwhelmed him and he just shut down

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Iron Liz pointed out recently, that Spoony never really recovered from his breakup with scarlett and never took steps to heal. He also likely wanted to move away from doing his content but the patreon overwhelmed him and he just shut down
    I can agree with the latter point. Just from the small snippet of his reaction to having to fulfill his promise to make a full-length movie, he looked completely overwhelmed.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I can agree with the latter point. Just from the small snippet of his reaction to having to fulfill his promise to make a full-length movie, he looked completely overwhelmed.
    I also feel part of the problem is that he saw his content creation career as a stepping stone, towards a career in tv and once it became apparent that, that wasn't happening he lost his motivation.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I also feel part of the problem is that he saw his content creation career as a stepping stone, towards a career in tv and once it became apparent that, that wasn't happening he lost his motivation.
    a shame. his content is the ones i come back the most from that group: ripper, reburay, his "SWAT 2" LP, his FF vids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a shame. his content is the ones i come back the most from that group: ripper, reburay, his "SWAT 2" LP, his FF vids.
    I do find it kind of ironic, that Spoony, the most talented and charismatic of TGWTG's big three crashed and burned the hardest, while Linkarar (the least talented and charismatic of the big three) is the only one who still has his reputation intact.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I do find it kind of ironic, that Spoony, the most talented and charismatic of TGWTG's big three crashed and burned the hardest, while Linkarar (the least talented and charismatic of the big three) is the only one who still has his reputation intact.
    at this point, i can still enjoy linkara's work. doug? the last NC review i watched was "van helsing" and i just don't have it in me to watch his stuff anymore, partly because the mess that has gone down and partly because i just don't find him funny anymore.

Well that was a weird meeting.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

at this point, i can still enjoy linkara's work. doug? the last NC review i watched was "van helsing" and i just don't have it in me to watch his stuff anymore, partly because the mess that has gone down and partly because i just don't find him funny anymore.
    Did that dude in the suede ever return?

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Did that dude in the suede ever return?
    i think suede is back to making vids but i doubt he's with CA anymore.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I never did hear what happened, but what was the throw down between Spoony and CA about anyways?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I never did hear what happened, but what was the throw down between Spoony and CA about anyways?
    from what i remember, spoony made a sexual comment to either marzgurl or jesu-otaku (cant really remember). it started a kerfuffle and spoony was "fired" from the site but really, he left on his own. from what i've heard, marzgurl and/or JO forgave him for the comment and it was water under the bridge. even though he wasn't still with TGWTG, he still did crossovers with a lot of the creators that were still there like NC, linkara, filmbrain, AJ, the snob, phelous, lupa, etc. the only one he didn't do much with was lordkat and that's a whole kettle of fish there.

from what i remember, spoony made a sexual comment to either marzgurl or jesu-otaku (cant really remember). it started a kerfuffle and spoony was "fired" from the site but really, he left on his own. from what i've heard, marzgurl and/or JO forgave him for the comment and it was water under the bridge. even though he wasn't still with TGWTG, he still did crossovers with a lot of the creators that were still there like NC, linkara, filmbrain, AJ, the snob, phelous, lupa, etc. the only one he didn't do much with was lordkat and that's a whole kettle of fish there.
    It was Jesu Otaku and then Obsucras Lupa brought it up a month after when Spoony was acting a bit off on twitter and then spoony went off the rails attacking others on Twitter. He was suspended for a month but saw his revenue didn't go down and realized he didn't need CA anymore, so left but many suspected Lupa got him fired despite everyone saying it wasn't the case

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    It was Jesu Otaku and then Obsucras Lupa brought it up a month after when Spoony was acting a bit off on twitter and then spoony went off the rails attacking others on Twitter. He was suspended for a month but saw his revenue didn't go down and realized he didn't need CA anymore, so left but many suspected Lupa got him fired despite everyone saying it wasn't the case
    i was almost right.

it's been a while since he read up on that situation, i wasn't sure who it was.