Sounds like Henry Cavill won't be carrying on as Superman in the next uh...iteration of the DC Cinematic Universe with the new management.

Whatever problems I had with the character as written in Man of Steel and Batman V Superman, I always felt the guy at least looked the part and was committed to the performance of the material he's given. Shame he won't be back for a do-over of sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Sounds like Henry Cavill won't be carrying on as Superman in the next uh...iteration of the DC Cinematic Universe with the new management.

Whatever problems I had with the character as written in Man of Steel and Batman V Superman, I always felt the guy at least looked the part and was committed to the performance of the material he's given. Shame he won't be back for a do-over of sorts.
    Marvel would be pretty clever to snap him up immediately

BANNED

Cavill deserved so much better than to be poleaxed. He could've been an awesome Superman with the right script and movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Heh, it'd be pretty funny if he ended up as Hyperion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunkula View Post
    Cavill deserved so much better than to be poleaxed. He could've been an awesome Superman with the right script and movie.
    No argument there. There were some flashes of that here and there before he started destroying the landscape from Smallville to Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Clever.

^_^
    My wit, like the thousands and thousands of ground down rocks, is sharp.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Heh, it'd be pretty funny if he ended up as Hyperion.

No argument there. There were some flashes of that here and there before he started destroying the landscape from Smallville to Metropolis.

The scene that felt the closest to that bright blue beacon of hope was when he learned to fly. Just watching the joy, failure, and his eventual mastery of flight as he traveled the globe made me feel I was watching a man who was perfect as the last son of Krypton.

If they ever do an All Star Superman movie, he would be the perfect choice.

Gachiakuta: Y'know, I want to pity Amo since she obviously has her own baggage to contend with and there's clearly a story behind it...but on the other hand, she just screwed with everyone's mind and hearts by puppeteering them with the painful memories of their lost loved ones. So yes, Rudo, kindly go Doomslayer on her ass. Rip and Tear until it's done.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Would those tiny ground down rocks be contained on your person somewhere, perchance? In some sort of bag, pouch or perhaps pocket…?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I believe he’s already either heavily implied or outright stated he’d be very up for playing Brian Braddock.
    Chief Curmudgeon

*Discovers a new season of Pennyworth has been released, the most wonderfully surreal and idiosyncratically British thing ever to happen to the Batverse*

*Is happy*
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Would those tiny ground down rocks be contained on your person somewhere, perchance? In some sort of bag, pouch or perhaps pocket…?
    *throws larger rocks*

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I believe he’s already either heavily implied or outright stated he’d be very up for playing Brian Braddock.
    Ooo, very good choice for him. He certainly has the chin.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Zatch Bell

Folgore be Folgore. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I like the tech and the concept and Adam Driver well enough but I don't know if that's quite enough to keep me for the entire runtime of the movie. Still will check it out
    I love dinosaurs and love dinosaur movies - but for some reason outside of the Jurassic Park/World franchise big budget dinosaur movies are shockingly rare. You have a few family friendly comedies like Journey to the Center of the Earth and Lost in Time over a decade ago, or some animated features. But mostly it's just documentary series like that new one on Apple or cheap schlock made by the Asylum or a Syfy original. So seeing anything with effects on JP level is a godsend.
    I'm definitely watching this.

He was given four movies to nail it and he never did. I'm glad to move on and give someone new a shot.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Zatch Bell

Folgore be Folgore. ^_^
    Iron Folgore! Invincible Folgore!