Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    He's been stealing money from tournament pot bonuses (which were supposed to go to the players, donated by the community) for maybe 5- 6 years now without people noticing.

He went and did a stream to "clear his name" which consisted of telling increasingly less believable lies and trying to slip out of situations in increasingly stupider ways while a friend was asking simple questions and eventually all but begging him to show proof of anything he claimed which he could do easily but refused to do.

Just shameful.
    Especially since for years, along with Spooky, Arturo was pivotal for getting fighting game streams off the ground in the online broadcasting space. What they had for the scene in NYC made the mold that was emulated and, for better or worse, polished into the current "esports" fighting game tournament streams that are a dime a dozen these days. He'd be the guy that would be lugging equipment setups to these events, often for the love of the game, but, well...

I kinda feel bad for Rob TV, he was trying to get Arturo out of dodge by asking him to screenshare a receipt that showed that the money went to the players, but accidentally put more heat on Yung Art, who then bounced from his own "clear the air" stream after that prompt :/

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

It's a really stupid and bad situation. As you say Gen, Arturo was a foundational figure in the FGC and it's such a stupid thing to be doing. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have damaged Matcherino's reputation, which is probably more important to the community as a whole than Art is these days.

From the clips of the stream I've seen, Rob tried to give him several opportunities to clear his name and he didn't take it so I figure that adds up to a tacit admission of guilt.

Just sucks, what a greedy idiot.

off brand Evil Dead.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Heard Wizards of the Coast is coming down zealously hard recently on everything that isn't them the same way WH40K was. Smh since I love the homebrew content people are making and have been getting into reading it lately but this might curtail that real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's a really stupid and bad situation. As you say Gen, Arturo was a foundational figure in the FGC and it's such a stupid thing to be doing. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have damaged Matcherino's reputation, which is probably more important to the community as a whole than Art is these days.

From the clips of the stream I've seen, Rob tried to give him several opportunities to clear his name and he didn't take it so I figure that adds up to a tacit admission of guilt.

Just sucks, what a greedy idiot.
    It really is insane. He blew up his spot since he has nothing else going on.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Heard Wizards of the Coast is coming down zealously hard recently on everything that isn't them the same way WH40K was. Smh since I love the homebrew content people are making and have been getting into reading it lately but this might curtail that real hard.
    When gaming companies realize there's actually a ton of money to be made (GW and WOTC being two prime examples of this) they really can become asshats. Just like any big company; in the end, they're no different.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I almost forgot how enjoyable this film was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    When gaming companies realize there's actually a ton of money to be made (GW and WOTC being two prime examples of this) they really can become asshats. Just like any big company; in the end, they're no different.
    Homebrew is still "fine" from what I gathered.

It just can't be monetized in any way, shape or form. This does mean though that most of the popular content online to do with DnD, unless it's specifically sanctioned and I presume helmed by WotC; is now no longer going to be allowed. My guess is that people go elsewhere for their gaming. Like Pathfinder.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Turns out the Final Angel was a cat.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

And yes, the Anime episode really did show her printing out the lyrics of Danger Zone and calling it Space Engineering.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

And yes, the Anime episode really did show her printing out the lyrics of Danger Zone and calling it Space Engineering.
    Either Ami can't read English or she's trolling her classmates. And Toei, what the hell?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Either Ami can't read English or she's trolling her classmates. And Toei, what the hell?
    It's probably the latter considering she works for OCP.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Why you hating on Ami, she's the only one in the school library that didn't lose the edge...for homework or whatever.

Been mulling about content concerning the AI Art generation debate recently, hearing out detractors whom I generally align with (ie: Steven Zapata) while skeptically hearing out vocal proponents (ie: Shadiversity)

It's rather disheartening to have the creative visual work reduced to customizable, usable assets. It's not hard to sympathize viscerally with artists who've done the training and published the work having it perceived as nothing more than a potential commodity to duplicate and now feed into an algorithm.

Under the very letter of the law, AI art could be considered transformative work, the next step in capturing images and something of a loose, iterative progression from photography, collage, and photomanipulation that changes an image based on prompts that sort through referential datasets. Indeed for many users who are unable to render their idea visually, image diffusion could even be a powerful tool to bridge the gap from an idea.

While it's a muddy grey area of modifying assets, I think there is some value on a purely conceptual level, such as a client photobashing something for an artist to reference, say, but to put this sort of manufacturing on the same level to the point of belittling and disparaging the studing of reference subjects and learning techniques kinda grinds my gears, as does some of the rhetoric about 'cutting out the middleman' in the creative process.

That being said, I don't think artists will be replaced anytime soon. Someone needs to generate fresh assets after all, otherwise audiences will get tired of the homogeneous blob.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!