Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Kinda strange seeing Ant-Man of all people going up against Kang, but looks cool. Certainly a substantial jump from the scale of the previous two movies.

spoilers:
    Haha, get it, "scale" like a size joke, because he can change size, that is the joke, haha.
    end of spoilers

Seven Deadly Sins - KoA: Guinevere is being such a salty bitch towards Ironside and I am loving it, especially that last parting shot about his future. And then there's the twist at the end of the chapter that I was not expecting at all.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Seven Deadly Sins - KoA: Guinevere is being such a salty bitch towards Ironside and I am loving it, especially that last parting shot about his future. And then there's the twist at the end of the chapter that I was not expecting at all.
    I too appreciate Guinevere's sassyness. Weird age difference in relation to Lancelot aside, she is a very fun character. And I'm wondering what kind of meeting she interrupted there.

The revelations in this chapter will be quite juicy to keep in mind as the story goes forward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Looks kinda weird, in a good way.

I do still think this feels like a Fantastic Four adventure, and I will miss the charming relatively low-key stakes of the first two Ant-man movies. But this looks fun.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Shades of:

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Continuing on my Martial Arts within the last 5 years or so kick

Deliver Us From Evil (2020) - Starts out interesting in that the conceit is that a retiring assassin's life catches up to him and he's in a Taken scenario where he has to save his daughter figure, but to throw an added wrench in the mix the brother of his last target is a big time gangster and chases him down to play a third side in the killing spree in Thailand. Unfortunately just doesn't really have anywhere interesting to go after that. They also introduce a trans character bc it's in Thailand presumably and she serves only to further stereotypes which isn't very interesting or fun.

The Big Four (2022) - Weird movie. Again some retired assassins here who end up having to team up with the daughter of their foster father to deal with gangsters she and them are mixed up in. Made by the guy who did The Night Comes for Us it's a mix of the action from the Indonesian martial arts film scene from it and the Raid films but mixed with wacky comedy akin to the A-team and the newer Suicide Squad. Hit and miss, but charming enough I think.

Raging Fire (2021)- Donnie Yen at it again in a cops vs robbers film. Fun fights and some shooting but the story and characters feel very much like retreads of earlier, better work and it's mostly boring because of that. The fights are good but not quite as mind blowing as they could be here either so they can't save it.

The Killer (2022) - I think I said Project Wolf Hunting was my favorite of the bunch so far, but this takes the new spot. Another story that smacks of John Wick and Taken but in this case unlike the others I think it works better because of how the character is written and the energy the actor brings to things. By which I mean, he brings a perfect level of unhurried energy even when he's dodging flurries of punches or getting tossed around (or more often tossing people around) in a melee. His character comes across the way Ja-Yoon did in the Witch Part 1. He comes across not so much as an assassin who retired for personal reasons but as someone who retired because there were no more challenges left for him, and unlike John nobody even knows who he is. And unlike some of the other ones he's shaded just dark enough as a character that he comes across as completely comfortable in the underworld. He's as adept at talking to bad folks and manipulating/enforcing his will as he is in physical combat and he's so practiced/experienced that it doesn't even come across most of the time as him needing to think as much as him playing back things he's done thousands of times as he effortlessly takes command of the situation. A lot of fun. And also a short movie unlike some of these others, at 90 minutes or so.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Kacchan?!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Primal Ultrazord in action!

An Ultrazord that can speedblitz and blast Kaiju's into space!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Overly Sarcastic Productions is back and more powerful than ever!

Timelord Chess.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

In the movie I'm watching they have a virus that turns people into zombies, which they intend to cure by using vaccines for...anthrax, somehow, to reverse engineer a solution.

Hard to break my suspension of disbelief from science in movies but this seems rather silly for some reason.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out