Extraordinary Member

It's good that the rest of the creative team are getting chance to continue or maybe finish the series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    So, TMS Entertainment will be in producing the animation of Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of Apocalypse. Thank God for that.
    Yup, and this teaser is showing promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yup, and this teaser is showing promise.

And the new chapter was very interesting. spoilers:
    We get a bit of Ironside's backstory, where he apparently traveled to Camelot in the hopes of saving his wife and his son. It also provokes the question of whether Diodra's survival actually happened or if he's just an elaborate illusion born from Ironside's desperate hopes. Either way, that just leaves you wondering where Percival stands in all of this. Another revelation that's brought up is that the Merlin residing in Camelot with Arthur was nothing more than a transmogrified (and possibly brainwashed) fairy that he kept as a companion. Honestly, that's disturbing as hell and what he did to the fairy was just malicious, which perfectly illustrates just how depraved Arthur has become as a person. We also get to enjoy a bit of psychological powerplay between Arthur and Guinevere, with the former outwitting the latter by reporting her predictions to one of his knights via telepathy.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

the former outwitting the latter
    I feel like this is a very generous assessment.

spoilers:
    Guinevere was like; "I can tell you the future but if you try and change it then extremely bad things will happen,"

Arthur: "I'm sure, so what's going to happen?"

She tells him the future and then he immediately orders his men to try and change it saying; "Well we might as well give it a try lol,"
    end of spoilers

Not so much outwitting anyone, more that Arthur is very much of the "fuck-around-and-find-out," school of villainy.

I am enjoying him as a villain. He always felt a bit like a loose end in Seven Deadly Sins as a hero, sort of a protagonist that had wandered in from another series without that much tying him to the main narrative, and now he really works well as this kind of chaotic, impulsive but engaging bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I feel like this is a very generous assessment.

spoilers:
    Guinevere was like; "I can tell you the future but if you try and change it then extremely bad things will happen,"

Arthur: "I'm sure, so what's going to happen?"

She tells him the future and then he immediately orders his men to try and change it saying; "Well we might as well give it a try lol,"
    end of spoilers

Not so much outwitting anyone, more that Arthur is very much of the "fuck-around-and-find-out," school of villainy.

I am enjoying him as a villain. He always felt a bit like a loose end in Seven Deadly Sins as a hero, sort of a protagonist that had wandered in from another series without that much tying him to the main narrative, and now he really works well as this kind of chaotic, impulsive but engaging bad guy.
    Yeah, as an antagonist, he's honestly pretty entertaining thus far. I still wonder what the heck happened to him in the last 16 years to catalyze this change in character. Either the chaos warped his personality or Cath Palug isn't as dead as we thought and is more subtly influencing Arthur after he was absorbed/eaten by him.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-25-2023 at 07:07 AM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    It also provokes the question of whether Diodra's survival actually happened or if he's just an elaborate illusion born from Ironside's desperate hopes.

We also get to enjoy a bit of psychological powerplay between Arthur and Guinevere, with the former outwitting the latter by reporting her predictions to one of his knights via telepathy.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think she's reported anything to anybody. At least I can't see her doing anything like that.

In regards to Ironside. If Diodra is an illusion or something created by Camelot, then why hasn't the same happened with his wife? Surely he'd want her to still be around.
    end of spoilers

Agreed. Arthur is very much a fun antagonist. I like his "poke at all the weird dangers of the world just to see what happens" approach. It ties rather nicely into the whole chaos theme of his powers.

And I do think that Arthur being the main villain here partly validates the strange final arc of Seven Deadly Sins, as that was largely a set up arc for this series. Still a very strange place to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't think she's reported anything to anybody. At least I can't see her doing anything like that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I meant Arthur informing one of his knights about her prophecies after she told him what would happened, not her telling the knights herself. Unless you mean that she was lying to Arthur, which is a possibility.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    In regards to Ironside. If Diodra is an illusion or something created by Camelot, then why hasn't the same happened with his wife? Surely he'd want her to still be around.
    end of spoilers
    That's why I'm ambivalent about this theory at the moment, but his insistence that spoilers:
    his son's survival couldn't possibly be an illusion
    end of spoilers has me suspicious.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-25-2023 at 07:16 AM.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I meant Arthur informing one of his knights about her prophecies after she told him what would happened, not her telling the knights herself. Unless you mean that she was lying to Arthur, which is a possibility.
    end of spoilers
    Whoops, my bad. Misunderstood.
    That's why I'm ambivalent about this theory at the moment, but his insistence that spoilers:
    his son's survival couldn't possibly be an illusion
    end of spoilers has me suspicious.
    Maybe spoilers:
    Ironside has enough awareness that he can recognise a fake of his wife with little difficulty. But since his child was brand new it's much easier to fool him with a fake kid.
    end of spoilers

Yeah, as an antagonist, he's honestly pretty entertaining thus far. I still wonder what the heck happened to him in the last 16 years to catalyze this change in character. Either the chaos warped his personality or Cath Palug isn't as dead as we thought and is more subtly influencing Arthur after he was absorbed/eaten by him.
    I felt that Ironside's kid being sat on some big old cat looking demon thing in Camelot was a bit of a pointed reference.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

At this point my default assumption is that anyone with even a sliver of fame and success in the entertainment industry is a sex criminal. I dunno if they start out that way, or the career turns them that way or what, and I'm sure in reality it's actually a tiny percent of them, but goddamn. Can't enjoy anybody's work without eventually finding some hideous shit in their closet.

Which reminds me, I stopped watching after Season 3. They're up to 7 now? Cripes, time flies.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 01-25-2023 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    At this point my default assumption is that anyone with even a sliver of fame and success in the entertainment industry is a sex criminal. I dunno if they start out that way, or the career turns them that way or what, and I'm sure in reality it's actually a tiny percent of them, but goddamn. Can't enjoy anybody's work without eventually finding some hideous shit in their closet.

Which reminds me, I stopped watching after Season 3. They're up to 7 now? Cripes, time flies.
    Looking at the article, he was saying a bunch of seriously gross shit as far back as 2011, a full 4 years before RaM debuted, so... safe to say he's always been a nonce?

Looking at the article, he was saying a bunch of seriously gross shit as far back as 2011, a full 4 years before RaM debuted, so... safe to say he's always been a nonce?
    I hadn't read it, but that's that then.

Seriously, what is it with these people? Is it just a law of averages thing and it just feels more noteworthy when we hear about it? Or is there some kind of like-attracts-like shit going on? Or is it just the industry enables easier access, so nonces gravitate to it? Or is it that there's just about as many in this industry as any other, but this industry is a lot easier to get caught in due to the risks of fame?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I hadn't read it, but that's that then.

Seriously, what is it with these people? Is it just a law of averages thing and it just feels more noteworthy when we hear about it? Or is there some kind of like-attracts-like shit going on? Or is it just the industry enables easier access, so nonces gravitate to it? Or is it that there's just about as many in this industry as any other, but this industry is a lot easier to get caught in due to the risks of fame?
    A partial explanation I've heard is that it naturally takes a certain kind of confidence to even put yourself out there and strive to make it to fame in general, so that already self-selects out certain kinds of humble/restrained egos.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    A partial explanation I've heard is that it naturally takes a certain kind of confidence to even put yourself out there and strive to make it to fame in general, so that already self-selects out certain kinds of humble/restrained egos.
    I suppose there's that. But the nonce thing in specific, though. I guess those sorts of types just don't believe they'll ever get caught or they can weasel their way out of it if they do.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.