New avatar. Been teetering on the 8th to 10th floors in Guilty Gear Strive, one day I will break into celestial.

Probably should find better guides than this one.

Art credited to ExCharny.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Dandadan

Whelp.

Here we go.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Suddenly Overwatch 2 is the best One Punch-Man game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Suddenly Overwatch 2 is the best One Punch-Man game.
    Doomfist hasn't been able to one punch anything since they made him a tank

also wheres the pve mode Blizzard?

Been a while since I did one of these, but since I'm bored, here are some current Man(ga/hwa/hua) recommendations from Yun:

My Mom Entered A Contract Marriage
    Lately, when it comes to the isekai/regression genre, I find the otome side of the coin tends to have the better-written ones. This one in particular has stood out due to its fantastic art style, color palette (being fully colored), and most importantly: its twist on the genre.. or sub-genre (not sure how far down this goes). Our main protagonist is not the one who regresses back in time, but rather, the daughter of an abusive, alcoholic mother. Things don't bode well when her mother runs out of the house with the last of their money and doesn't return, but it does out that she managed to somehow get married to the Emperor. It's pretty interesting getting an outsider's perspective when it comes to a well-treaded plot, so it's garnered a good bit of my attention lately.

Houseki no Kuni ("Land of the Lustrous")
    It's Steven Universe, with Buddhist suffering (actually, I think it came out first, so vice-versa?). Joking aside, it's somewhat difficult to explain much of this one. Set long after the extinction of humanity and pretty much everything else, the only major inhabitants of Earth are a group of sentient, humanoid gemstones that are being hunted by the mysterious invaders from the moon. Our protagonist, an extremely brittle gem named Phosphophyllite (or Phos, for short), seeks out their true purpose. What follows next is... well... their journey is better witnessed first-hand rather than spoiled.

Kusuriya no Hitorigoto ("The Apothecary Diaries")
    One of my top ten manga, I was mostly inspired to do this recommendation since this one is getting an anime. Set in ancient China, this story follows a girl named Maomao, the daughter of a red-district pharmacist, who was kidnapped by slavers and later sold to the imperial palace as a maidservant. While trying to keep her head down and work for her freedom, her curiosity and extensive knowledge of medicine and poisons lead her into getting involved in the various mysteries of the palace. Definitely worth trying out if you're looking for a good mystery series.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Houseki no Kuni ("Land of the Lustrous")
    It's Steven Universe, with Buddhist suffering (actually, I think it came out first, so vice-versa?). Joking aside, it's somewhat difficult to explain much of this one. Set long after the extinction of humanity and pretty much everything else, the only major inhabitants of Earth are a group of sentient, humanoid gemstones that are being hunted by the mysterious invaders from the moon. Our protagonist, an extremely brittle gem named Phosphophyllite (or Phos, for short), seeks out their true purpose. What follows next is... well... their journey is better witnessed first-hand rather than spoiled.
    I would second this recommendation aggressively.

Land of the Lustrous is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting and uniquely brilliant series running at the moment in comics/manga at the moment. The art is wild, the plot goes to unexpected and very thought-provoking places. Phos is an amazingly constructed character.

Such a beautiful and melancholic piece of work. It's one of my favourites.

Last edited by Len Ikari145; 03-09-2023 at 07:25 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Okay, I think I'm officially sold on Pratt's Mario at this point. Also, Fire DK is an awesome concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I am currently following:

• Ctrl + Alt + Del [Analog and D-Pad; The Starcaster Chronicles]
    • The Forgotten Order
    • Grrl Power
    • Harpy Gee
    • How to be a Werewolf
    • Phantomarine
    • Questionable Content
    • Sleepless Domain
    • Wychwood
    • xkcd
    Here is a little more info along with links if anyone wants to check them out:

• Ctrl + Alt + Del [Analog and D-Pad; The Starcaster Chronicles]: An umbrella site for multiple webcomics by the same creator. .
      • Analog and D-Pad: A superhero comic about two friends/roommates/co-owners of a video game store who accidentally gained superpowers while playing an old fashioned video arcade game during a electrical storm. Their powers are somewhat unusual, and there is quite a bit of character development.
      • The Starcaster Chronicles: A Star Wars [or Guardians of the Galaxy] type Universe, a rogue in a beat up space ship traveling the galaxy with his co-pilot seeking profit, a device called a Starcaster that imbues the wearer with great power but with a price, a war in which both sides seek this lost Starcaster, and one side seeks universal genocide.
    • The Forgotten Order: A young Fauni Girl, shunned due to her limited ability to perform magic, ends up on the run with a Bone Doll who has her own tragic backstory.
    • Grrl Power: What to do with the supersexy superpowered? You recruit them into a governmental quasi-military organization. What happens when a nerdy, comic book store owner acquires Orbs that give her incredible powers? Same. Meet Sydney Scoville, Jr., the last person you'd expect to find in a uniform.
    • Harpy Gee: A magic-less elf, a potion witch, a runaway prince with his own secret, and a very young castle guard/toy maker become friends in a small village while getting into and out of a whole lot of trouble.
    • How to be a Werewolf: Werewolves, witches, turf wars, bureaucracies, and a Coffee Shop. Actually being a werewolf is the easy part, navigating the bureaucracies and dealing with paperwork is the hard part. But in between is the story of a young woman coming to terms with who she is, with help from friends and family.
    • Phantomarine: A young princess learns that death is only the beginning of her troubles, and a quest to free the souls trapped in the sea and restore herself and her friends to life again.
    • Questionable Content: It's pretty much a sitcom, set in an alternate real world where humans and AI robots co-exist as equals (usually). The early episodes were a little primitive, but the art work and stories get better over time. It's unique.
    • Sleepless Domain: Magical Girls, an isolated city, mysterious forces, and plenty of danger.
    • Wychwood : Decent story about the aftermath of an invasion that was turned back, but not before the aliens left behind magical technology and the threat of a second invasion.
    • xkcd: No story, just a lot of science humor.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Okay, I think I'm officially sold on Pratt's Mario at this point. Also, Fire DK is an awesome concept.

Yeah its honestly looking better with every trailer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

I think I need to see the whole movie before making any proper judgements on Pratt's Mario.

But damn, this movie just looks fun. Like they've actually managed to translate the general mythos of the Mario games into a proper cinematic story.

Also hoping it does really well, because then we're one step closer to a Legend of Zelda story.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Cool animation is cool.