Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Happy Birthday, Jcogginsa. ^_^

Job security isn't a concern. We're public servants, we're in a legal strike position, and there's more than 150K of us that might be walking off. It's just...ugh. No pay, strike, etc. Not the best situation for anyone.

But we've been screwed over (like everyone else) for years with 'cost of living adjustments' to our pay that are much, much lower than the actual rise in cost of living (most often we get a 1 to 1.5% yearly cost of living adjustment when the CoL has risen by 2.5-3.5%...over 20 years, this makes a difference, especially to people who are on the lower end of the salaries). This has been happening since the last strike, more than 20 years ago. And with inflation being what it is, and the government offering a ridiculous cost of living adjustment in our new contract, and then balking at ANY negotiation - they refused to budge, asked for arbitration themselves, and when the arbiters told them 'no, you need to give concessions, union is being reasonable here' they walked from the table, this is their usual gameplan - the Union decided it had enough. Especially since it's tax season, and the Canadian Revenue Agency workers have also had enough and want to walk off (and are in a legal position to do so).

So...biggest strike in many decades is lining up right now, and for a change the average citizen isn't complaining about 'privileged fedgov workers' because EVERYONE has realized (amazingly) that we're all getting screwed. <-- there is still complaining, but it's not nearly as omnipresent as it has been in the past.

Negotiations are ongoing, with Treasury Board actually making concessions (they scrambled back to the table once we started the strike vote), but there's still a decent chance of striking.
    Strike. Break them.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Strike. Break them.
    Thanks. That's for sure on the menu. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Thanks. That's for sure on the menu. ^_^
    At the very least it seems like you have the power to enact meaningful change, and bring living wage more in line with living wage. Much as I'm sure an actual strike wouldn't do you any favor in the short term. My hope is that it'll actually help you medium to long.

So you know. What I said before
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

a movie based on a single chapter of Bram Stoker's Dracula.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Four Knight of the Apocalypse: Everybody's dealing with the trauma of Jade's death, and I've gotta say that there's something compelling about Chion's douche behaviour being fueled by sorrow and anger. This is a nice way to up the stakes for everybody, and I hope Jade doesn't get resurected down the line.

Kaiju #8: Shinomiya gets to be badass and have solid character development. That's it. That's the chapter. spoilers:
    And there's a little hint about the monsters' interpersonal relationships.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

So there was recently an official global poll to determine the top 99 most popular Naruto characters. The results for that poll are in and they're kinda surprising.

For example, Sakura beat out Naruto, Sasuke AND Kakashi. Full results in the video.

Some are calling foul play.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 04-13-2023 at 11:05 PM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Today's my Birthday
    Happy Birthday, Jcogginsa!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Grattis på födelsedagen!

Hope you have a nice celebration.
    Happy Birthday, Jcogginsa. ^_^

Job security isn't a concern. We're public servants, we're in a legal strike position, and there's more than 150K of us that might be walking off. It's just...ugh. No pay, strike, etc. Not the best situation for anyone.

But we've been screwed over (like everyone else) for years with 'cost of living adjustments' to our pay that are much, much lower than the actual rise in cost of living (most often we get a 1 to 1.5% yearly cost of living adjustment when the CoL has risen by 2.5-3.5%...over 20 years, this makes a difference, especially to people who are on the lower end of the salaries). This has been happening since the last strike, more than 20 years ago. And with inflation being what it is, and the government offering a ridiculous cost of living adjustment in our new contract, and then balking at ANY negotiation - they refused to budge, asked for arbitration themselves, and when the arbiters told them 'no, you need to give concessions, union is being reasonable here' they walked from the table, this is their usual gameplan - the Union decided it had enough. Especially since it's tax season, and the Canadian Revenue Agency workers have also had enough and want to walk off (and are in a legal position to do so).

So...biggest strike in many decades is lining up right now, and for a change the average citizen isn't complaining about 'privileged fedgov workers' because EVERYONE has realized (amazingly) that we're all getting screwed. <-- there is still complaining, but it's not nearly as omnipresent as it has been in the past.

Negotiations are ongoing, with Treasury Board actually making concessions (they scrambled back to the table once we started the strike vote), but there's still a decent chance of striking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Happy Birthday hoss!
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Happy birth Jcogg!
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Happy birthday day Jcogginsa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Happy Birthday Jcogginsa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Happy Birthday, Jcogginsa!
    Thanks for the well wishes, all of you!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

New Dr. Strange comic is out. It's pretty good.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

After 10 years in the same position, my company is moving me to the Main building.

I’ve spent less than a month there in ten years. Wild.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    After 10 years in the same position, my company is moving me to the Main building.

I’ve spent less than a month there in ten years. Wild.
    I hope your transition goes well.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!