The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Weee, gauntlet tossed to the Fed Gov. After two years of them sitting on their duffs while ignoring negotiations, and stonewalling us on the important points, Union is now saying 'two days to come to some kind of agreement or strike'.

Ugh. Here we go.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes, all of you!
    Happy Birthday, Jcogg!

Alright, last entry for a while. This was an interesting experiment, but I've hit the wall for now.

https://sharkerart.blogspot.com/2023...ook-three.html

Another set of reviews

John Wick 4: Definitely a fun film and a step up from 3. The action is great as always, but this film was one that impressed me with its shots, characterizations, and pacing as a step up from the previous films. Really worthwhile to have seen it in theaters. It's also the least realistic/most videogamey of the group I think, but I don't mind that

Pathaan: This bollywood film of an agent going rogue feels similar in various ways to War (2019) which I reviewed at an earlier point. But it's better I think, partially because it doesn't take itself as seriously and there's more action scenes which are wilder and leans harder into the Mission Impossible style stunts.

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: A fun film that is more than the sum of its parts. You could lean on one thing or another as being weaker but it really pulls everything together well and is one of the more "complete" films I've seen recently. Very little feels like it needs to be added or taken away. The feel of it is both like a D&D game and also like one of the director's previous films, Game Night (2018) which is also worth a watch.

Furies (2022): This is a prequel to the Vietnamese action-thriller 2018 film Furie which I checked out earlier. Definitely a more fun film than the previous one, with a lot of girls kicking ass. But the ending is pretty weak and basically scrambles any real message the film might have been trying to make. It's also one of those films that mines a serious subject matter more than it should have (trafficking) when it's not really interested in it except for a vehicle for the action. The characters are kind of thin too. Still, it's fun enough.

Bad City (2022): Neat little retro feeling Yakuza flick set in the 80s in a highly corrupt city. The action is solid and gritty but too much of the middle part of the film is taken up with setup and non-action stuff. Still, the main character completely pulls off being this old grizzled cop consumed by the job and when it's focused on that aspect and the solving the mystery of the gang terrorizing the city it's well done. Also the guy from Re:born is in this as an assassin and is funnily enough almost the same character, which definitely sells him as this weird otherworldly force because he's still doing the same fighting style and destroying people and aim dodging like Batman lol.

Sakra (2022): Almost a polar opposite of the previous, Donnie Yen adapts what I believe is an older Chinese story into this high flying Wuxia flick. The action and stuff that he's pulling off here are pretty awesome. The story and characters are...not, although if you quint you can kind of excuse some of it as being part of a morality tale...but the mortality tale also kinda doesn't really work/is told badly. Still, Yen is charming in this and it goes hard.

The Fist of the Condor (2023): Starring Marco Zaror, who I think I only found out recently because of his presence in John Wick 4, this one is definitely going for an older school feel of martial arts movie. You get your mystical touches (The Fist of the Condor is a martial art descended from Incans who intended to overthrow the conquistadors, you can defy gravity by letting go of the weight of your ego), your impractical training montages, and a much slower and drawn out feel with a lot of moody narration and betrayed masters. It's definitely worth it if that appeals to you, and I also appreciate the Latin American setting for being a change of location, although the ending unfortunately is kind of a cliffhanger.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Weee, gauntlet tossed to the Fed Gov. After two years of them sitting on their duffs while ignoring negotiations, and stonewalling us on the important points, Union is now saying 'two days to come to some kind of agreement or strike'.

Ugh. Here we go.
    Good luck there
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Happy Birthday, Jcogg!
    thank you!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    The Genshin community makes some really damn cool videos.

For those who were having trouble with the PDFs/GDrive, I have posted the pages to the books on-site: https://sharkerart.blogspot.com/sear...ital%20Dragons

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Chainsaw Man: Goddammit, Denji. >_<
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-18-2023 at 09:07 AM.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

(notices them watching Keijo) So, Black is also a man of culture.