Page 214 of 2470 FirstFirst ... 1141642042102112122132142152162172182242643147141214 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 37038

What other character should be in Tekken?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What other character should be in Tekken?
    Danny Rand. I mean come on, it's called the Iron Fist tournament after all!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm working on going back into Anima.

I may have done something crazy.

I need Sharp and Siriel to confirm whether I'm understanding the rules correctly because... OH BOY
    As far as I'm aware Siriel isn't GMing his game any more. You're more than welcome to join us over in Sharp's game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    As far as I'm aware Siriel isn't GMing his game any more. You're more than welcome to join us over in Sharp's game though.
    Yea ... he's not said anything one way or the other in ... several months at this point. Probably wrapped up IRL.

EDIT: July 23rd.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

If so, it’s a real shame, but I can’t blame him and the game’s done really well to last for 7+ years on-and-increasingly-off.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I spoke to him about returning last month and I might be dragging Miburo along with me so it might not be dead just yet.

I spoke to him about returning last month and I might be dragging Miburo along with me so it might not be dead just yet.
    Get your arse back into Sharp’s game as well. I still don’t even know what class Samuel was, let alone what his abilities were. He was a real man of mystery.

Edit: Plus I know we have an imminently-arriving squid-faced player, who may be addressing this somewhat, but at the moment there’s four PCs, of which zero are male.
    Last edited by Beadle; 12-03-2018 at 03:54 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sharp, long ago I was a part of Anima briefly. Would it be possible to find my character? I was curious to see what the name was and what his sword was.
    He had a 'Montante'. In the Gaia world*, that kind of blade is a very long, two-handed weapon that's actually primarily made for stabbing. as I recall. I'd need to haul out Dominus Exxet to make sure.

Hopefully that helps.

* weapons in the Gaia world are not always identical to their similarly-named real-world equivalents, much like the familiar-sounding martial art styles.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-03-2018 at 05:51 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah. Shinji is the original wimpy kid so his reputation gets overblown at times. When you actually look at the show, he got good at piloting fairly quickly. Towards the end, he was the only one who was doing good against Zeruel, and that was before Unit 1 went Berserk.
    I have never understood the hate for Shinji in the series, and him being classed as some kind of really weak person. Maybe it's because he wasn't some unrealistic super-pilot?

We're talking about an emotionally abused 14 year-old boy who is put into a situation where the entire freaking world is depending on him. He is subjected to massive physical pain, on a level which we watchers can barely comprehend. He gets to watch people die, sometimes people he knows.

I totally understand him breaking down every once in a while, or deciding to quit, or whatever.

And he keeps coming back.

I'm working on going back into Anima.

I may have done something crazy.

I need Sharp and Siriel to confirm whether I'm understanding the rules correctly because... OH BOY
    I'll have a look in your thread in Siriel's game; I haven't, because I wasn't sure I was supposed to do so. But if Siriel isn't answering, and you don't mind, I'll see what I can do.

I'm very sad about this myself.

Have considered asking him if I can take over (assuming he really isn't going to come back to it). It would be a shift in plot, but. I would run a more...exploration/action oriented game than my Gabriel one.

Also would mean Tasha does less (I particularly dislike PNPC's, but everyone here likely knows that), but she doesn't do much other than hit things anyway (or try to work her way through a conversation), being who she is.

In other news, my tabletop Anima games (plural) look like they're coming back again - the old group has decided they're up to continue. ^_^ Maybe once a week, maybe alternating between the two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Edit: Plus I know we have an imminently-arriving squid-faced player, who may be addressing this somewhat, but at the moment there’s four PCs, of which zero are male.
    Probably Three PC's, I'm not sure if Annais is coming back.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-03-2018 at 06:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Thanks again, Sharp!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm very sad about this myself.

Have considered asking him if I can take over. It would be a shift in plot, but. I would run a more...exploration/action oriented game than my Gabriel one.

Also would mean Tasha does less (I particularly dislike PNPC's, but everyone here likely knows that), but she doesn't do much other than hit things anyway, being who she is.
    If that’s cool with everyone, I’m up for it!

How many of us are still in the game then? Avy, Ardy, Tasha (technically), Solomon, Kiyren, potentially Corim and Garon....

Munch, is Taran likely to float back in at any point?

In other news, my tabletop Anima games (plural) look like they're coming back again - the old group has decided they're up to continue. ^_^ Maybe once a week, maybe alternating between the two games.
    You are so lucky that you have a group who would play tabletop Anima. My RP-friends struggle with the rules to 5e D&D (which is the simplest set of rules ever outside of Toon).

Probably Three PC's, I'm not sure if Annais is coming back.
    Damn.

Then we definitely need some new recruits and/or old recruits returning.
    Last edited by Beadle; 12-03-2018 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    If that’s cool with everyone, I’m up for it!

How many of us are still in the game then? Avy, Ardy, Tasha (technically), Solomon, Kiyren, potentially Corim and Garon....

Munch, is Taran likely to float back in at any point?
    I'm not promising anything yet, I need to see if I can commit to twice a week with the one I'm doing now.

Also, I might just have something happen to Tasha to remove her from the game. Don't know. Again, PNPC...especially when that PNPC is particularly strong when it comes to fighting.

You are so lucky that you have a group who would play tabletop Anima. My RP-friends struggle with the rules to 5e D&D (which is the simplest set of rules ever outside of Toon).
    Well, this group has been around for a loooooong time. We've played some games that made Anima look pretty simplistic (rules-wise) by comparison. And the complication in Anima is really in character generation; the system itself isn't that complex (as compared to, for example, Other Suns or Roll-master). And that complexity in character generation is more regarding the sheer, raw amount of options.

The group has become older, lives have changed (again) and we're finding more time. So why not? Maybe I get to see some of the stories I envisioned come together.

...there has also been (only half-serious) talk of Crossover episodes between the games. It's the same world, after all (not just 'Gaia', but 'my' Gaia, and people have heard about stuff happening from the other game, specific non-setting NPC's have crossed over, big things in one game -- the Eye of the Hurricane getting crushed, for example -- have impacted the other). With no sacred cows in my game, that sort of thing WILL happen as the players get more and more strong and have greater and greater weight on the world stage (as a Duk'Zarist might put it, at least in my game!).

Then we definitely need some new recruits and/or old recruits returning.
    If anyone can find anyone, I'm open to considering them.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-03-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Thanks again, Sharp!
    No worries, man.
    Why are we here?