The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    This game is a memetic gold mine:

That's...awesome.

Also, you just rickrolled me.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Desk has a reputation for his sense of rhythm which has been integral for combo videos.

Part of the reason he has such impeccable timing is that he's a musician, it's neat to see these two sides converge.

Extraordinary Member

So leaks from the next issue of Amazing Spider-man says that spoilers:
    Kamala Kahn/Ms. Marvel dies in Spider-man's arms after being lethally wounded.

I doubt that it'll stick. But killing off Ms. Marvel in another character's book (which is already going through a very controversial period, to most likely get a sad reaction from that character is certainly... a choice.

The fact that it'll most likely be undone before too long only really adds to the whole thing seeming like a bad idea.
    end of spoilers

Seriously, who is this run aimed at?

Looks fun. I liked one of the previous works the director did for this and the boxing focus seems cool
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

What the hell are the Hounds of Tindalos doing in my wholesome anime based on fae lore and European mythology? *shakes fist*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

Looks fun. I liked one of the previous works the director did for this and the boxing focus seems cool
    Okay, this does look good.

What was the other one?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Huh, so it's finally happening.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Check the Korean webtoon this is base off of. It's pretty good , but I seen better action sequences in other Korean web comics I read.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Check the Korean webtoon this is base off of. It's pretty good , but I seen better action sequences in other Korean web comics I read.
    Oh didn't know this was based off of something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Okay, this does look good.

What was the other one?
    It was a movie called Midnight Runners. I basically ended up checking it out after seeing this trailer recently actually, and liked it as a sort of buddy cop (in training) action type thing. That one wasn't as cool action-wise as this looks to be though.

I actually had seen a movie before that though by him called The Divine Fury which disappointed me, so Midnight Runners being good was a good sign. The Divine Fury basically was sold to me as "MMA fighter does exorcisms", but the movie is a lot more focused on the Christian aspect of the Christian Horror in that film and there is no real fighting until near the end, only spiritual fighting that is. Also besides that I went into it thinking an MMA guy could potentially restrain possessed folks with submission holds but that never really comes into play in the movie iirc. Although there is indeed the protagonist beating a demon up with his fists at one point, so that does happen, just not as much as I wanted.
    -Stephen McCranie

a game for people who want to own a trainset but don't have the space to put one in their house.
    My Forum check it out

I actually had seen a movie before that though by him called The Divine Fury which disappointed me, so Midnight Runners being good was a good sign. The Divine Fury basically was sold to me as "MMA fighter does exorcisms", but the movie is a lot more focused on the Christian aspect of the Christian Horror in that film and there is no real fighting until near the end, only spiritual fighting that is. Also besides that I went into it thinking an MMA guy could potentially restrain possessed folks with submission holds but that never really comes into play in the movie iirc. Although there is indeed the protagonist beating a demon up with his fists at one point, so that does happen, just not as much as I wanted.
    Korean movie. You neeeeever know what you'll get with Korean stuff (that's not me bashing Korean stuff, I absolutely love Korean media now). Totally unsurprised that it was billed as X and you ended up with Y. ^_^ I can't count the number of things I've watched billed as Rom-Coms that end up with some kind of huge dramatic tragedy or a serial killer mystery or domestic abuse story or...you get the idea. Or romantic 'dramas' that are actually full of comedy. Cross-genre seems to be a huge thing. <-- again, this is not bad, I actually find it refreshing.

The boxing one, I'm interested. The actors obviously have put a lot of training into this (again...Korean, so unsurprising) and sell the boxing well. It looks a lot better than a lot of stuff I see in Western media (again, not at all surprising). I mean, yeah, they're mostly using their arms when hitting and such, but still, it's smooth, sharp looking, they at least partly keep their hands up, there's footwork and head motion, there aren't any kodak moments...plus it probably has good writing.

I'll watch it when it arrives on Canadian Netflix (it will, we seem to get all of the Korean stuff ^_^).
    Why are we here?

Korean movie. You neeeeever know what you'll get with Korean stuff (that's not me bashing Korean stuff, I absolutely love Korean media now). Totally unsurprised that it was billed as X and you ended up with Y. ^_^ I can't count the number of things I've watched billed as Rom-Coms that end up with some kind of huge dramatic tragedy or a serial killer mystery or domestic abuse story or...you get the idea. Or romantic 'dramas' that are actually full of comedy. Cross-genre seems to be a huge thing. <-- again, this is not bad, I actually find it refreshing.
    I do like that aspect to things as well; it makes things more dynamic. I think cinema outside of Hollywood* is at times more willing to take that approach, and I prefer it these days in terms of making things inventive.

That case wasn't really my thing though.

*In the same vein, I mentioned before being bewildered although entertained through the movie Project Wolf Hunting because it really is like three movies in one. It starts going, sets up mood, different elements, then just shatters all of that to become a new movie with a different mood, setup, add in backstory for a character, then shatters it all over again to add a new mood, setup, backstory for another character, and then just concludes in a completely different place from where it started without even trying to really tie all the different threads together. Insane movie. Fun to watch though.

And something that I think of at times too is the Telegu movie Thunivu which has all the action movie twists I've come to expect from a Tamil film and then on top of that just outright transforms from a bank robbery film to an interrogation of hostile loans at one point.

I appreciate how unabashedly some of these films will just do things like that lol

The boxing one, I'm interested. The actors obviously have put a lot of training into this (again...Korean, so unsurprising) and sell the boxing well. It looks a lot better than a lot of stuff I see in Western media (again, not at all surprising). I mean, yeah, they're mostly using their arms when hitting and such, but still, it's smooth, sharp looking, they at least partly keep their hands up, there's footwork and head motion, there aren't any kodak moments...plus it probably has good writing.

I'll watch it when it arrives on Canadian Netflix (it will, we seem to get all of the Korean stuff ^_^).
    Yeah, I'm encouraged bc as I mentioned, the director already has a bit of experience with the dual protagonist thing, and of course with Korean Netflix stuff my point of reference is mostly My Name, which I liked, so I'm hoping this is good, or at least fun enough.
    Last edited by Postmania; 05-17-2023 at 08:27 AM.
    -Stephen McCranie

I do like that aspect to things as well; it makes things more dynamic. I think cinema outside of Hollywood* is at times more willing to take that approach, and I prefer it these days in terms of making things inventive.
    Absolutely. Must agree.

*In the same vein, I mentioned before being bewildered although entertained through the movie Project Wolf Hunting because it really is like three movies in one. It starts going, sets up mood, different elements, then just shatters all of that to become a new movie with a different mood, setup, add in backstory for a character, then shatters it all over again to add a new mood, setup, backstory for another character, and then just concludes in a completely different place from where it started without even trying to really tie all the different threads together. Insane movie. Fun to watch though.
    That's somewhat mad. ^_^

Yeah, I'm encouraged bc as I mentioned, the director already has a bit of experience with the dual protagonist thing, and of course with Korean Netflix stuff my point of reference is mostly My Name, which I liked, so I'm hoping this is good, or at least fun enough.
    I will note that My Name had some of the best fighting I've seen in movies and TV in a looooong time. Really enjoyed it, and it was interesting that the MALE love interest got fridged for a change.
    Why are we here?

To my knowledge Bloodhounds would be the 4th Korean webtoon that got a live action adaption from netflix. The other three being Sweet Home, Hellbound and All of us our Dead.
    My Forum check it out