on the other hand this is ALL OF MY HYPE

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    all I know is we'd better get a new Old Gods of Asgard song, Control raised the bar for those too

Finally. Can't wait*

*as long as they make the combat better this time
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Looks very good and I like the selection of villains here.
    Pete's aggression and his behavior in this reminds me of how Peter act in the 1994 animated series when he had the symbiote. Clearly Insominc took inspiration from the 1994 animated series.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Pete's aggression and his behavior in this reminds me of how Peter act in the 1994 animated series when he had the symbiote. Clearly Insominc took inspiration from the 1994 animated series.
    I'm just looking forward to hearing Yuri when he inevitably has his own "Get Back Here, Shocker!" moment.

Extraordinary Member

Aww yeah. Grandiose JRPG drama with DMC style combat and epic kaiju boss battles.

That is right up my alley.

Extraordinary Member

Yup, and the tension between Miles and Pete is already so palpable that you know that they're going to fight (it's also funny seeing people point out that this is effectively what would happen if Alex Mercer and Cole Macgrath ever teamed up in a game).
    Yup, Black Suit Peter is totally a boss fight for Miles. Makes me wonder if they're gonna do Venom at some point during the game, and for how much of the game Peter will be wearing the black suit.
    I'm just looking forward to hearing Yuri when he inevitably has his own "Get Back Here, Shocker!" moment.
    Bonus points if he yells it at the actual Shocker. If not Herman then I'm thinking it'll be directed towards Lizard.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Good Lines In Manga Part II.

Reading yet another Rom-Com, 'I'm stuck in a fantasy novel' Manwha - I'm the Tyrant's Secretary - with some interesting departures from the norm (there is a second character who is a person who 'entered' the story from our world, why have I never bumped into this completely obvious storyline before?). Anyway, central character - the secretary - gets set up on a blind date by her brother. The blind date - predictably - doesn't go well, and we get this final scene (in a little fantasy café).

[Secretary] *takes out purse, puts gold coin on table*

[Blind Date] What's this?

[Secretary] This should cover the cost of my tea. And your laundry fee.

*pours tea over Blind Date's head*

I admit, I cracked up at the 'And your laundry fee.' Does a very good job of humorously foreshadowing what we all know is coming next.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-25-2023 at 04:36 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Yup, Black Suit Peter is totally a boss fight for Miles. Makes me wonder if they're gonna do Venom at some point during the game, and for how much of the game Peter will be wearing the black suit.
    Venom was already featured back in the initial teaser in 2021, so it's a given. But now, I'm honestly wondering if Pete may actually become the first Venom like in the Ultimate comics since Harry's illness seems to be terminal and he may not be in any shape to take on the mantle when/if he's cured. Or maybe Eddie may actually make an appearance in the game.

Bonus points if he yells it at the actual Shocker. If not Herman then I'm thinking it'll be directed towards Lizard.
    Or Kraven.

Extraordinary Member

Venom was already featured back in the initial teaser in 2021, so it's a given. But now, I'm honestly wondering if Pete may actually become the first Venom like in the Ultimate comics since Harry's illness seems to be terminal and he may not be in any shape to take on the mantle when/if he's cured. Or maybe Eddie may actually make an appearance in the game.
    Yes, should've been clearer. We know Venom is in the game, but not who will take on the role of Venom.

I'm also a bit concerned that we'll get another symbiote invasion of the city in the game's third act. It's been done and I'm a bit done with it as a concept.
    Or Kraven.
    I'm thinking Lizard since Peter seems quite intent on hunting him down by himself in the new trailer.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Yes, should've been clearer. We know Venom is in the game, but not who will take on the role of Venom.

I'm also a bit concerned that we'll get another symbiote invasion of the city in the game's third act. It's been done and I'm a bit done with it as a concept.
    Eh, symbiote invasion plots don't typically occur in Spider-Man games until after Venom and Carnage are well-established in the story's background, so I don't think we'll have to worry about that. Plus, I have faith in Insomniac's writers understanding that introducing that sort of plot thread when Venom should be the centerpiece would be jumping the shark.

And it's a shame that I have far more confidence in a game studio's adaptation than I do in Marvel's current editorial department when it comes to writing a proper Spider-Man plot...

I'm thinking Lizard since Peter seems quite intent on hunting him down by himself in the new trailer.
    True, especially since Pete in the trailer is notably stressed and frantic to save Harry.