Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yeah, maria didn't really appreciate the fact that frank has killed god knows how many people in the name of their children. so she divorced him, which she was already gonna do before the mobster merc'd them all, took all of his stuff, took half of the money and gave the other have to charity in the names of their kids. after that, she was done with him, saying that frank castle really did die with his family and she wants nothing to do with the punisher.
    I mean, if my husband was the Punisher, I dunno if I'd be stickin' around either, especially after he necro'd me in such dubious circumstances.

Thanks for reminder I need to get caught up on this run! :V

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I mean, if my husband was the Punisher, I dunno if I'd be stickin' around either, especially after he necro'd me in such dubious circumstances.

Thanks for reminder I need to get caught up on this run! :V
    yep. especially after we find out that frank wasn't exactly the best husband and father due to his rather.........unhealthy desire get back to killing. i mean, when a cathelic priest tells you that you need to seek help elsewhere after spending an hour alone in confessional with your husband, you know he's got problems. and credit to maria for actually try to help frank out as long as she did before that day in the park.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    yep. especially after we find out that frank wasn't exactly the best husband and father due to his rather.........unhealthy desire get back to killing. i mean, when a cathelic priest tells you that you need to seek help elsewhere after spending an hour alone in confessional with your husband, you know he's got problems. and credit to maria for actually try to help frank out as long as she did before that day in the park.
    I haven't read too much Punisher stuff before (in fact, I think what I have read was mostly team-up stories), but I've enjoyed the insight into his past troubles. Although I don't know if a few details might be magic manipulation from the Hand, or what's actually a retcon at this point, but it's been an interesting part of the storyline so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I haven't read too much Punisher stuff before (in fact, I think what I have read was mostly team-up stories), but I've enjoyed the insight into his past troubles. Although I don't know if a few details might be magic manipulation from the Hand, or what's actually a retcon at this point, but it's been an interesting part of the storyline so far.
    the only real retcon is that frank was a natural born killer. his first kill was when he set a bully on fire back when he was around 12 or so. that urge to kill was stemmed by being with maria but after he came home from the war, it was getting out of hand. he wasn't abusive or cruel to his family. just.........cold and distant. maria even thought he missed killing in the war and tried to help him but it was too much for her. like seconds before the mobsters opened up on them, she was able to tell frank she wanted a divorce.

the only real magic comes from the fact the hand wanted to make frank the avatar of their god, the beast. he does get some superpowers but not the point that he wasn't beyond the avengers' ability to handle. but he does go on a world wide murder spree. not sure how many people frank killed in total but it's definitely in the 4 digits.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Edit: Blagh, never mind, gave up reading it not worth talking about.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-05-2023 at 06:33 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Finally played some SF6 this weekend.

My impression is that this game is a fucking crazy man's game. So much annoying stuff just from the drive system alone and every character has their own stuff on top of it too. Definitely going to take a while to get used to it. I'm also still in early days with hitbox and its rough learning transitioning from stick. But it's still fun and definitely different from the other SFs. Cammy is fun too.

My CFN is HurtboxWhere is anyone wants to add
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Finally played some SF6 this weekend.

My impression is that this game is a fucking crazy man's game. So much annoying stuff just from the drive system alone and every character has their own stuff on top of it too. Definitely going to take a while to get used to it. I'm also still in early days with hitbox and its rough learning transitioning from stick. But it's still fun and definitely different from the other SFs. Cammy is fun too.

My CFN is HurtboxWhere is anyone wants to add
    I am very on the fence about getting it.

The game looks great, a real high point for the franchise.

But I have always /always/ been bad at Street Fighter. Like, I can get by in Guilty Gear and Skullgirls but I do not have the patience and rhythm for Street Fighter. Never was able to get links down consistently. I am enjoying watching people figure stuff out and the early tournaments but I don't think I have that hunger in me to play a new fighting game right now.

I'll give it a few months, see how I feel haha.

Glad you're having fun!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I am very on the fence about getting it.

The game looks great, a real high point for the franchise.

But I have always /always/ been bad at Street Fighter. Like, I can get by in Guilty Gear and Skullgirls but I do not have the patience and rhythm for Street Fighter. Never was able to get links down consistently. I am enjoying watching people figure stuff out and the early tournaments but I don't think I have that hunger in me to play a new fighting game right now.

I'll give it a few months, see how I feel haha.

Glad you're having fun!
    I hear that. It definitely looks great...But I'm hesitant on if it's really something I can sink hours on or just be frustrated in short order.

I'm glad for many the hype is worth it. It's just comes if it works for me and...Yeah, a little cautious if I'm just gonna get minor buyers remorse or not.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I hear that. It definitely looks great...But I'm hesitant on if it's really something I can sink hours on or just be frustrated in short order.

I'm glad for many the hype is worth it. It's just comes if it works for me and...Yeah, a little cautious if I'm just gonna get minor buyers remorse or not.
    There is also a bunch of single player stuff in there, which is a plus.

I've long since accepted that I have neither the time, reflexes or natural skill to every be that good at fighting games. I got SF5 and played it a bit when Champion Edition came out, I played a bunch of Strive and a bunch of Skullgirls and had fun with it.

I don't think I'd ever have buyer's remorse per se but I'm definitely not rushing to get it.

I think with fighting games it's also about the company you keep. A large part of what's kept me learning and going (with what is mostly Street Fighter games at this point) is the discord I'm in and to a smaller extent now the guy I used to play them with in real life. If I didn't have them to keep me interested I would have probably have stopped with SF4. As it is I kept up with SF5 almost constantly for quite a while, just about every day for a couple hours at a time for some days.

I'm happy I did even though I dropped off for the last year because it was a good feeling to at times run into tourney players for the game online and make them exert like 10% of 10% of their energy, or at least piss them off lol, even though of course they were levels above even my most obsessive play with the game
    -Stephen McCranie

Dandadan: The moral of the story - Never apply math to power levels if you're a villain; it's liable to backfire on you.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

sadly, i don't have anything to play it on. i can get it on steam but my laptop wouldn't be able to run it the best nor do i have a controller for it. so i will stick to watching max enjoying it and watching DSP suck at it.

and while punisher got that run, can we talk about how utterly horrid ASM has been? like.....why do they hate peter at marvel?

Peter? Who's that, you mean Paul?
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Peter? Who's that, you mean Paul?

i'll come up there.