Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There is also a bunch of single player stuff in there, which is a plus.

I've long since accepted that I have neither the time, reflexes or natural skill to every be that good at fighting games. I got SF5 and played it a bit when Champion Edition came out, I played a bunch of Strive and a bunch of Skullgirls and had fun with it.

I don't think I'd ever have buyer's remorse per se but I'm definitely not rushing to get it.
    True, I'll probably get it on a sale or my a pal of mine just shares his account with me to go get it since he's an impulsive buyer sort of guy who just wants his friends to play with him.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sadly, i don't have anything to play it on. i can get it on steam but my laptop wouldn't be able to run it the best nor do i have a controller for it. so i will stick to watching max enjoying it and watching DSP suck at it.
    Ah, gotcha.

...I'm pretty sure my laptop is only working on like one or two programs now in that barely functioning kind of way now that I think about it.

i'll come up there.
    Hehehe

I only know of the whole situation by word of mouth but it certainly seems bizarre
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Peter? Who's that, you mean Paul?
    stupid self insert character

Peter? Who's that, you mean Paul?
    *twitches*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Hehehe

I only know of the whole situation by word of mouth but it certainly seems bizarre
    it's a crap hole. not only did peter lose MJ to paul but also ruined his rep and relationships with the other superheroes, notably the FF.

and honestly, it really shows how poorly its written since in this run, peter stole from the baxter building...........when the baxter building was sent 1 year into the future and the FF aren't even in new york anymore. they are a friggin road trip.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Dandadan: The moral of the story - Never apply math to power levels if you're a villain; it's liable to backfire on you.
    They did that? Oh dear. *heads off to look*
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

and while punisher got that run, can we talk about how utterly horrid ASM has been? like.....why do they hate peter at marvel?
    I've been hearing bad things about it, and the stuff coming with spoilers:
    Kamala Khan
    end of spoilers isn't helping either.

...not sure how much of a spoiler that is, far as I can see it has been effectively all over 'the news'.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

it's a crap hole. not only did peter lose MJ to paul but also ruined his rep and relationships with the other superheroes, notably the FF.

and honestly, it really shows how poorly its written since in this run, peter stole from the baxter building...........when the baxter building was sent 1 year into the future and the FF aren't even in new york anymore. they are a friggin road trip.
    ...They really want to convince readers that Peter's eternal suffering by occasional BS is essential to anything revolving around Spider-Man, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Dandadan: The moral of the story - Never apply math to power levels if you're a villain; it's liable to backfire on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    They did that? Oh dear. *heads off to look*
    ...dammit, not out where I look yet.
    Why are we here?

And worst of all, the freakin' writer and editor of this run have outright admitted that they do not give a crap how this affects the characters nor are they the least bit concerned about the fan outrage because their reasoning is that the next writer will just retcon this away.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

and while punisher got that run, can we talk about how utterly horrid ASM has been? like.....why do they hate peter at marvel?
    This is just Marvel's First Commandment: Spider-Man Must Suffer MORE.

I just started looking into this run as well. Sounds like it's gunna be some big oof.

Kamala Khan

...not sure how much of a spoiler that is, far as I can see it has been effectively all over 'the news'.
    kamala got fridged. i wasn't a big fan of hers but it sucks that she got fridged. and the panel for it. dear god. i mean, i like romita jr.'s work but this was just plan crap-tastic

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    This is just Marvel's First Commandment: Spider-Man Must Suffer MORE.

I just started looking into this run as well. Sounds like it's gunna be some big oof.
    been reading as much of it as i could possibly handle.

its a shame that peter is more well written in other comics than he is in his own. seeing him fight the FF pissed me off.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Kamala Khan

I read the issue. It was a heroic sacrifice and all, but what a weird, semi-dismissive way to go for a character they've been trying to pump up as one of the flagships of the new generation of heroes. Getting merced in someone else's book. I mean, she to my knowledge, she wasn't even that well connected to Peter.

kamala got fridged. i wasn't a big fan of hers but it sucks that she got fridged. and the panel for it. dear god. i mean, i like romita jr.'s work but this was just plan crap-tastic
    Also, the way they did it, with her suddenly using shape shifting powers she hasn't had since her first series, where she lost them pretty definitively. WTHeck?
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 06-05-2023 at 10:13 AM.