Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    And worst of all, the freakin' writer and editor of this run have outright admitted that they do not give a crap how this affects the characters nor are they the least bit concerned about the fan outrage because their reasoning is that the next writer will just retcon this away.
    Yep I heard this. Just a very strange way to handle writing
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

And worst of all, the freakin' writer and editor of this run have outright admitted that they do not give a crap how this affects the characters nor are they the least bit concerned about the fan outrage because their reasoning is that the next writer will just retcon this away.
    Which is obviously dumb because...Well, it still happened.

And sometimes retcons don't outright erase events, it sometimes just gives flimsy dumbass reasonings why the characters were acting so weird in that particular moment. Like what, did this guy expect the next writer simply say every bit of this horrid run is all just a bad dream Peter had all along or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Which is obviously dumb because...Well, it still happened.

And sometimes retcons don't outright erase events, it sometimes just gives flimsy dumbass reasonings why the characters were acting so weird in that particular moment. Like what, did this guy expect the next writer simply say every bit of this horrid run is all just a bad dream Peter had all along or something?
    it's magic. we don't have to explain it.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, that's just...terrible. What is with companies now? "We just don't give a ****." Nice slogan.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    kamala got fridged. i wasn't a big fan of hers but it sucks that she got fridged. and the panel for it. dear god. i mean, i like romita jr.'s work but this was just plan crap-tastic
    Yeah. Fridging is something that needs to stop. I'm stunned it's still happening, and this is just gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I read the issue. It was a heroic sacrifice and all, but what a weird, semi-dismissive way to go for a character they've been trying to pump up as one of the flagships of the new generation of heroes. Getting merced in someone else's book. I mean, she to my knowledge, she wasn't even that well connected to Peter.
    People keep saying 'The Spider-man she was connected to wasn't the one in whose book she died'. Ugh.

Not...that it would have made things any better, but this just feels like 'we need to fridge a female character to give Peter motivation...hmm, Kamala is disposable, let's use her.' At which point you wonder WHY it had to be Kamala on top of the fridging, and hmmm, I don't know, maybe some racism happening in there as well?

The whole thing just reeks.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I read the issue. It was a heroic sacrifice and all, but what a weird, semi-dismissive way to go for a character they've been trying to pump up as one of the flagships of the new generation of heroes. Getting merced in someone else's book. I mean, she to my knowledge, she wasn't even that well connected to Peter.

Also, the way they did it, with her suddenly using shape shifting powers she hasn't had since her first series, where she lost them pretty definitively. WTHeck?
    from what i've read, she can't shapeshift into someone unless she has a deep connection with that person. as far as i can tell, that issue was the first time she ever met MJ.

just...........just look at that. they look less like a group of people mourning the death of one of their own and more like a group of people who just got into RVD's stash.

they look less like a group of people mourning the death of one of their own and more like a group of people who just got into RVD's stash.
    ...I totally got that reference. And yes, agreed.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

....man, that is some terrible art for people who are supposed to look shocked and saddened.

Some of them look like they're following Joey's 'smell the fart' acting advice. <-- Edit: I never thought I would seriously say this, but the ones who don't look stoned look exactly like this.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-05-2023 at 10:34 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    welp, the one who i thought would win was the winner, but not for the reasons I thought

Well, thought to share one of my favorite synthwave bands.

Seriously, a lot of their stuff are just bangers all around.

decided to commission the last person for my "smash kids" series. its basically what would happen if certain characters from super smash bros. had kids with each other. originally i did it to **** with one of my friends but it evolved beyond it.

decided to commission the last person for my "smash kids" series. its basically what would happen if certain characters from super smash bros. had kids with each other. originally i did it to **** with one of my friends but it evolved beyond it.
    Neato. Crazy idea but I can get behind such things.

Neato. Crazy idea but I can get behind such things.
    so far, i've got sonia (sonic/zelda), adam (link/samus), francine (snake/bayonetta), kit (fox/krystal), illandros (gannondorf/palutena), santino or sunny (luigi/daisy) and currantly in the works, switch (ness/paula).

so far, i've got sonia (sonic/zelda), adam (link/samus), francine (snake/bayonetta), kit (fox/krystal), illandros (gannondorf/palutena), santino or sunny (luigi/daisy) and currantly in the works, switch (ness/paula).
    Fine work, my dude.

Would love to have that kind of swagging confidence in creativity atm

Fine work, my dude.

Would love to have that kind of swagging confidence in creativity atm
    sometimes, you just gotta do it.

i'll share switch when its finished.

Looking forward to it.