The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, we know where Cass Cain will be going afer Spirit World.

She's gonna be joining the Birds of Prey
    As stated elsewhere, I can hope this is good and that Cass doesn't end up being the 'super-awesome fighter who always gets beat up by the villain to prove how good they are'. DC's track record using Cass since her original solo series is universally bad - even 'Batgirls' was kind of crappy, despite the writers being all enthusiastic about having Cass.

But if she doesn't get any exposure, she will disappear again, so that much is at least okay.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Alien sky lol
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, that was us yesterday.

Today it's worse. There is no sun, it's just grey. Part of that is clouds, but still - air quality is rated as 'significant hazard to health' at this point.

Sorry you're eating our smoke.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

You know, over the weekend, I happened to catch Mars in the sky, as well as a bright full moon. Saturday, I noticed I couldn't see any nightly object except for Mars and the Moon, but I didn't notice any appreciable haze in the sky. Even Mars was very bright. Venus was also supposed to be out, but I think was too low to the horizon for me to catch on time. Sunday, however, I notice Mars is dimmer, and there is a wide haze-aura around the Moon. Thought it was fascinating. Also reminded me of a setting I was working on once. :B

Occurs to me now this must have been the smoke haze from Canada already hitting the Mid-West over the weekend, and I'm only just yesterday hearing about it.

Once again, stay safe, all!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the iron shiek has decided to go to heaven to put all jabronis in camel clutch, break their backs and make them humble.

RIP, the iron shiek.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Seven Deadly Sins - 4KOA: Oh wow, that was quite disturbing and I have a newfound empathy towards Chion. While I certainly don't condone him being an *******, going through an experience that traumatizing for six years makes it perfectly understandable why he's so paranoid and vindictive towards everyone outside his friends' group. Also, what the hell, Vivian?!
    Yeah, this does explain a few things about Chion, who is shaping up to being one of the more interesting characters in the series.

But I am concerned that this is the second instance in the series of a woman whose reaction to being rejected is to become obsessed with the son of the man who rejected her. Also making Vivian obese when she was basically a stick before is also a tired trope. Hopefully that one druid girl who had the hots for Meliodas won't show up as an evil forest witch or something.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    i want this.............NOWWW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, that was us yesterday.

Today it's worse. There is no sun, it's just grey. Part of that is clouds, but still - air quality is rated as 'significant hazard to health' at this point.

Sorry you're eating our smoke.
    Yeah its definitely a notably worse number out there today

-Stephen McCranie

At least I'm not in New York

-Stephen McCranie

man. you guys up north are going through. stay safe and stay positive.

one piece, 1086: now we know their names. and we know more about what happened to lulusia.

this is gonna be a looooooooooong 5 weeks.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Man, so I know a Zelda game wouldn't be sneaky in this particular way, but in Tears of the Kingdom spoilers:
    It is *incredibly* suspicious that we're going around using our prior relationships with descendants of Ganon's old enemies to get rings of power bonding them to us... stuck on a hand that is not our own. Like this is exactly some **** Sauron would pull, and if this was anything but a Zelda game, I would 100% be expecting a reveal that either Rauru is the real villain or Rauru is an illusion made by Ganon. It'd be so perfect too, 'cause you've got Fake Zelda going around being incredibly obviously not Zelda, but then she's just a red herring! Ganon wanted you to get the sage powers all along! It'd be a wicked inversion of Breath of the Wild too, because it would make the speedrun version of the final boss the easier one.
    end of spoilers
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

It's surprisingly nice when you finally find the music that came from a scene yet the soundtrack never included that music hence the pain staking search.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Just in terms of something I realized as I headed home, I stepped out of my car and took a whiff and thought, "Huh, that's a pleasant smell. Is someone barbecuing on Monday for some reason?"

Then I looked up and the Sun is very orange/red for a non-Sunset time and had a suspicion that now is confirmed that this *is* related to the wildfires up north.

Smoke effects all the way down in NJ for me here. And it will be worse tomorrow.
    What I posted in Community:;

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    North Jersey and we have smokey haze everywhere. It was strange to look out a window at work this morning and see the world outside turn yellow from the smoke. The sun, when it comes out from behind the clouds, looks reddish orange. People are wearing masks outside again, and on the drive home I listened to the NYC based News Radio station and heard stories about the Fire Department being called more times than normal due to the smell of the smoke. I can attest that, once stepping outside the smoke does have a distinct stench. I texted my husband from work earlier that now I kinda know what it feels like to live in California.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.