Page 218 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 1181682082142152162172182192202212222282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 36885

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That looks much better than the first trailer.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    There we go.

I've bought tickets to fly from Stockholm to London on Sunday so that I can see one of the limited screenings of My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, and then I'm flying home on the same day.

I feel like both the best and worst kind of adult. Oh well, finally gonna see this movie and it's going to be so much fun.
    I hope you enjoy your brief stay in my city. ^_^

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I hope you enjoy your brief stay in my city. ^_^
    Jeebers, go meet each other. Beadle did that with me when he had to come to Ottawa....

Edit: I also went and met Siriel when I journeyed to the land of Montéal. Must do that again.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It's somewhat disturbing to me that there's a large chunk of both men and women in this survey that think 'Persisting in unwanted attention at the workplace' does not constitute harassment (we're talking under 50%, but still!).

Similarly, there are apparently a good 6% of people that think you don't need to have consent for sex (includes non-verbal consent). I didn't know that percent of the population was made up of narcissistic psychopaths....

*shakes head* I mean, this is the result of one or two polls/studies, I don't know the details, the questions, the methodology, etc. But still.

The 1980s called, they want their stupidity back.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

And our president has now declared himself "Tariff Man". I **** you not.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I mean he also alleged that 'bad air' comes over to the US from China.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Jeebers, go meet each other. Beadle did that with me when he had to come to Ottawa....
    Nik subscribes to the Rumbler conquest philosophy, as do I. When two rumblers meet, one must bend the knee.

It is why we did not convene during my time in the UK. Two Tigers can't share the same mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Nik subscribes to the Rumbler conquest philosophy, as do I. When two rumblers meet, one must bend the knee.
    I await your Ottawa visit....

It is why we did not convene during my time in the UK. Two Tigers can't share the same mountain.
    Well, they can. Briefly.

It's just that one ends up injured, the other ends up dead.

Or they can both drink coffee and go their merry way afterward. ^_^ Siriel and I did that, lo these many years ago.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post

More like I was already going to Edinburgh tthat year, it just happened to be at the time he wasn't there and I couldn''t afford two trips :P

I will be out counter-protesting fascists that day but if Dark Soul is around and wants to go to a pub or something, I'm down with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I will be out counter-protesting fascists that day...
    Oh, maaaaan...now *I* want to be in the UK.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member

Edit: I also went and met Siriel when I journeyed to the land of Montéal. Must do that again.
    My list of Rumblers met is Kamen when he was down in the US, and obviously Gladdy and her sister.

I've been petitioning Nik for an official tet-a-tet for ages now, but he seems to dislike me more than I might have thought.

Astonishing Member

I await your Ottawa visit....

Well, they can. Briefly.

It's just that one ends up injured, the other ends up dead.

Or they can both drink coffee and go their merry way afterward. ^_^ Siriel and I did that, lo these many years ago.
    Oh, don't you worry. It's on the agenda. It'll make for a great training arc.

It's somewhat disturbing to me that there's a large chunk of both men and women in this survey that think 'Persisting in unwanted attention at the workplace' does not constitute harassment (we're talking under 50%, but still!).

Similarly, there are apparently a good 6% of people that think you don't need to have consent for sex (includes non-verbal consent). I didn't know that percent of the population was made up of narcissistic psychopaths....

*shakes head* I mean, this is the result of one or two polls/studies, I don't know the details, the questions, the methodology, etc. But still.

The 1980s called, they want their stupidity back.
    On the flipside I find it utterly baffling as well that 4% and 7% consider it to be harassment to ask to go to lunch or for a drink? Like, not even insisting or doing so repeatedly, always and across both genders.

I'd love to see the statistics for who it is that they actually polled (as in occupations and number of participants) and how the questions were phrased, but I can't find a link to the survey itself.
    Last edited by Siriel; 12-04-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I mean he also alleged that 'bad air' comes over to the US from China.
    Pah! You call that a political shambles?! Amateurs. Lightweights.

Less than 4 months before our country falls of a cliff chasing a balloon full of poison gas that smells of rainbows, we decided today to find our government (which in one form or another has existed since the 13th century) in contempt of parliament for the first time in its 800 years of history.

Several of us tutted loudly, and shook our heads a little. That’s British for ‘outrage’.

I did, and it was awesome.

Mind you, I’ve been in London at the same time as Nik dozens or even hundreds of times and never met up. London is frickin huge by comparison to even Montreal, let alone Ottawa (which is unquestionably lovely).

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!