Read Flawed Almighty episode 91.

spoilers:
    Jeonji sets his plan to take down a cult in action, which is taking it over, and making his guardian angel the leader. He's going to use his holy mace to do it if necessary, and by holy mace, he means his fist. Of course, that's his solution to any problem
    end of spoilers
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Heading to SDCC this week. Will be 11 of us (all family). Man it’s been stressful planning it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Heading to SDCC this week. Will be 11 of us (all family). Man it’s been stressful planning it.
    I hope you enjoy it.

I haven't been to a convention since before covid (indeed, the very last con I attended was in November '19, so, right before the world went sideways). I miss them, actually.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Extraordinary Member

A little while back, Minato won an official poll to determine which Naruto character would get a chapter focused on them. That chapter is now out.

It's a neat little one-shot focusing on Minato and Kushina, and how Minato developed the Rasengan.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    well that was predictable, didn't think much of this matchup, next is Phoenix vs Raven

Dandadan: spoilers:
    Awww, that was a sweet moment between Okarun and Momo....and f**k those alien bastards for ruining it! Also, F**k you Kraang for trying that crap with Vamola. That's also legitimately fearsome redesign of her Godzilla suit and that last (admittedly awesome) panel with Kinta reminded me ---

BANDAI, WHERE THE GLORIOUS GOLDEN F**K IS MY AKIRA ANIME REMAKE?!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 07-17-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Dandadan: spoilers:
    Awww, that was a sweet moment between Okarun and Momo....and f**k those alien bastards for ruining it! Also, F**k you Kraang for trying that crap with Vamola. That's also legitimately fearsome redesign of her Godzilla suit and that last (admittedly awesome) panel with Kinta reminded me ---

BANDAI, WHERE THE GLORIOUS GOLDEN F**K IS MY AKIRA ANIME REMAKE?!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It is kind of a thing. (and I've seen others not in this set) But yeah, definitely (yet another) shoutout.
    end of spoilers
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

was planning on streaming some mario kart tonight but my mic is dead.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

320 bucks on book promotions.

1 sale.

sigh.

Sometimes the algorithm gives a pleasant viewing surprise and some food for thought.

Common sense stuff, but some key takeaways:

- Coasting off of established brands, icons and aesthetics can only get you so far as a cheap knockoff.
    - If content is going to be any more than algorithmic flotsam, its staying power needs to come from something unique, and ideally a creator would grow by this distinction.
    - This will require connecting with a following and building an audience, naturally.
    - An example used is the recent Super Mario Bros movie; this was not a flash in the pan feature film, nobody should be surprised it's made billions of dollars since this brand has been around for like 40 years.

At times I wrestle with this sort of commodified expectation, like there's a mentality of "creator for craft" and "creator for product" that intertwine and end up cancelling each other out. Ideally the work produced ought to speak for itself, but practically speaking if there's nothing tangibly gained form the endeavour, who's to say if it truly worth anything?

Regardless, I suppose it's like any other achievement in this life: What does your work say about you, and what makes you any different from some other guy? It's challenging territory to navigate and there's so much content out there to compete with.

...of course viewing a creative task with this sort of Sisyphesian doomer outlook is a great way to not ever get started, best not go down that road.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    320 bucks on book promotions.

1 sale.

sigh.
    That's rough, man.

Also why I never put a penny into advertising, aside from only just last year or so finally buying stock photos to make covers.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Sometimes the algorithm gives a pleasant viewing surprise and some food for thought.

Common sense stuff, but some key takeaways:

- Coasting off of established brands, icons and aesthetics can only get you so far as a cheap knockoff.
    - If content is going to be any more than algorithmic flotsam, its staying power needs to come from something unique, and ideally a creator would grow by this distinction.
    - This will require connecting with a following and building an audience, naturally.
    - An example used is the recent Super Mario Bros movie; this was not a flash in the pan feature film, nobody should be surprised it's made billions of dollars since this brand has been around for like 40 years.

At times I wrestle with this sort of commodified expectation, like there's a mentality of "creator for craft" and "creator for product" that intertwine and end up cancelling each other out. Ideally the work produced ought to speak for itself, but practically speaking if there's nothing tangibly gained form the endeavour, who's to say if it truly worth anything?

Regardless, I suppose it's like any other achievement in this life: What does your work say about you, and what makes you any different from some other guy? It's challenging territory to navigate and there's so much content out there to compete with.

...of course viewing a creative task with this sort of Sisyphesian doomer outlook is a great way to not ever get started, best not go down that road.
    At best, the main people who are going to be making out on all the AI spam are the people charging subscriptions for everyone to use their AI.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 07-17-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

So. Sharp and/or Nik.

I'm curious. I know you two still discuss Kingdom from time to time.

I did not realize there were two Live Action Movies out based on it (Two that I know of, anyways). Have either of you seen them? I'm considering adding them to my endless backlog. Maybe even expediting them. But I am also too lazy to look into them, and decided that the time spent crafting this post was less effort than reading something off of rotten tomatoes, or what have you.

Also, greetings and salutations.