nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, the name kind of says it all. Staying clear of that one.
    please do.

half way through. i do love me some chunky fighters. maybe because i was a bob main in SFxT back in the day.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    please do.

half way through. i do love me some chunky fighters. maybe because i was a bob main in SFxT back in the day.
    I've known some highly skilled heavy people I would not want to fight. Like, at all.

But society likes to portray heavy people as clumsy and inept, which is...yeah, BS.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Chainsaw Man: That's an incredible speech about self-respect that you came up with, Denji...shame you that you didn't come up with it when it mattered, ya shameless bastard.=_= So, they really are going to indulge in his basic vices (though he's definitely not getting laid any time soon) in the hopes that it'll keep him complacent enough that he won't need to turn into Chainsaw Man.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I've known some highly skilled heavy people I would not want to fight. Like, at all.

But society likes to portray heavy people as clumsy and inept, which is...yeah, BS.
    oh i'm aware. i've lived with my friend, who's a former cop. dude is a fat nerd but i wouldn't want to fight him. growing up in the places i have, you can tell the punks from the legit hardasses.

Yea but then you met me. Clearly the most baddest, and toughiest.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So someone apparently said Roger in PW4 as DLC makes no sense since he only did one thing.

...I was like have people forgotten that for years Shanks had been playable in many games despite only having feats you can literally count on one hand?

And Roger was already a playable character in Bounty Rush...He's goddamn broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    So someone apparently said Roger in PW4 as DLC makes no sense since he only did one thing.

...I was like have people forgotten that for years Shanks had been playable in many games despite only having feats you can literally count on one hand?

And Roger was already a playable character in Bounty Rush...He's goddamn broken.
    in the past PW games, they gave shanks electric powers and gave him a long rifle.

if they can make shanks a beast, they can do the same with roger.

in the past PW games, they gave shanks electric powers and gave him a long rifle.

if they can make shanks a beast, they can do the same with roger.
    Exactly. He was even around in the Playstation 1 games. I even unlocked him in the PS2 games that came out to the west.

And back then all you knew he uses a sword, apparently rivaled Mihawk, and has an aura that scared a sea king.

So yeah...These complaints are moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Exactly. He was even around in the Playstation 1 games. I even unlocked him in the PS2 games that came out to the west.

And back then all you knew he uses a sword, apparently rivaled Mihawk, and has an aura that scared a sea king.

So yeah...These complaints are moot.
    ditto.

and since we've gotten more info on their powers, here's hoping we get apoo and bonney as DLC, since they are the only worst generation pirates pirates who haven't appeared yet.

i'd really like more missions to play. that's been mine and everyone else's main desire as far as DLC goes.

for manhwa recommendations, i'd look at "weak hero", if you are in the mood for a nice deliqunent series.

the MC, grey yeon, is a skinny, highly intellgent high schooler who ends up going to a rough school and having to fight against the usual lot of dumbasses. the difference: his fighting style. grey isn't very strong physically, so he relies on using "dirty" fighting: weapons, psycholigcal warfare, advanced combat tactics from various american special forces. he uses anything he can get his hands as a weapon: rocks, dirt, books, bags, clothes, etc. he also is good at reading his opponent's moves and countering them effective and then beats them to the point where they never think to fight him ever again. if i could call his style any, i'd say its......... efficient. its very similar to how john wick fights.

ditto.

and since we've gotten more info on their powers, here's hoping we get apoo and bonney as DLC, since they are the only worst generation pirates pirates who haven't appeared yet.

i'd really like more missions to play. that's been mine and everyone else's main desire as far as DLC goes.
    I hear that. I'm just glad they haven't gave up PW4 after all, just dust their hands off after the first pack and all.

Hoping to see if the success with this DLC pack will convince to keep adding newer stuff outside characters.

...But hopefully it doesn't straight up be the only entry of the PW series and become something like DB Xenoverse 2 or God forbid GTA Online.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's okay. It has some issues so far, but they're all to do with my second post and this is a manga, so realism can fly out the window (somewhat). I like the idea, the story so far, the characters are interesting at least.

If you've only read the first chapter, I completely understand not getting the connection to OPM. There IS a similar idea in it, you'll see. Not the same, but.

But still, I think it's worth continuing to read.

Finished everything that's out as of yet.
    On the topic of realistic fighting manga, have you checked out the new Jump Manga, Martial Master Asumi? It's about a guy
    getting into MMA, and so far I haven't seen any hint of supernatural Martial arts.

(It's only six chapters at the moment, so someone could read the whole thing free and legal until this sunday)

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Funny as it is, this is actually a fake screenshot.

Though, it's not much worse than the real thing. Mursk has said that "tweets" will be renamed "x's" and that he's still figuring out what "retweeting" will be.
    Oh goddamnit...oh the reality isn't much better. In fact in terms of recognizability that's worse than saying "posted"
    Last edited by Postmania; 07-25-2023 at 06:27 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

ditto.

I doubt that they'll add Bonney. Not because she doesn't have enough to work with, but rather because she's not important to Wano. Granted, neither is Uta, but she at least had a movie that did really well and is still kinda relevant.

Apoo might get in since he's got quite a lot to do in Wano. But there are several characters that are important to Wano they'll probably go with over Bonney. Yamato, King and Queen, any number of the Tobi Roppo and so on.

Maybe if they add an update when the anime gets to Egghead.