Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    watched the venture bros. movie.

if you like the venture bros, you will love this movie. lots good meta humor, fun interactions, great action and lots, and i mean LOTS, of twists.

but then there is the question rusty and the monarch. oh boy.
    spoilers:
    so.........turns that rusty and the monarch are not brothers in the traditional sense. they are in fact clones of jonas venture sr. with a splash of baboon DNA, hence the title of the movie. in the 60s, there was actress named bobbi st. simone, who started in a movie where she had to become invisible. while on set, she meets with dr. venture and he takes her back to his compound and makes her become invisible, ala sue storm. they bang. the movie bombs and bobbi wants get rid of her invisble powers. jonas, being the dick he is, decides that would work better as a spy. she infultraes the guild and falls in love with the then sovereign, Force Majeure. the two have a kid but then force is killed by the new sovereign, david bowie. fearing for their lives, bobbi and her daughter debbie flee and go into hiding.

years later, bobbi wants to get rid of her powers and goes to rusty, whom she knew when he was a child. he got rid of her powers and became the owner of a rescue farmer for sidekick animals. debbie wanted to be a supervillain and asked rusty to give her her mom's powers. in exchange, she gives him her womb or uterus, i'm not sure which. rusty uses that to personally "birth" hank and dean. so techincally, rusty is the both mother and father to the boys. also, part of the reason the monarch hates rusty is because he used to date debbie and falsely believed that she and rusty banged.

so yeah. rusty and malcom are more like solid snake and liquid than anything else.
    end of spoilers
    A bit of a shame the show didn't get another season but love that this final film still did what it can to address some long standing questions in the most crazy way.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think I also just want stories to have a beginning and end, which is kind of antithetical to the mainstream medium now. Without them, things can't progress for me.

It's also looking like it's antithetical to too much of comics movies too now for me
    Yeah. You can have that in individual runs, but that is a lot more reliable for things you know are like a planned out maxi- or mini-series.

This is one reason why I've gotten to appreciate a lot of titles being limited runs, and I've even been more inclined to check out canceled series sometimes, just because I know there's a point where it stops, even if the ending is truncated. Hell, I've read enough that just didn't finish, I'm kinda used to that, too, as long as what did come out is still entertaining.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Yeah. You can have that in individual runs, but that is a lot more reliable for things you know are like a planned out maxi- or mini-series.

This is one reason why I've gotten to appreciate a lot of titles being limited runs, and I've even been more inclined to check out canceled series sometimes, just because I know there's a point where it stops, even if the ending is truncated. Hell, I've read enough that just didn't finish, I'm kinda used to that, too, as long as what did come out is still entertaining.
    its a symptom of a larger problem that you guys mentioned. and its a shame that crap like this is overshadowing the good books out there, like the current daredevil run, the recent punisher run and the current FF run. especially that FF run. i mean they go from fighting a wood alien who messes with people's memories to a town full of nothing but doombots that takes care of a single old woman who was kind to doom when he was in college.

i can't stop gushing about how much i love this run.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    A bit of a shame the show didn't get another season but love that this final film still did what it can to address some long standing questions in the most crazy way.
    there are still some questions left but if this was a finale to the series, it was a great way to go out.

and more red death is always fun.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I do wonder what Castlevania: Nocturne means for Dracula since the trailer makes it clear he isn't going to be a returning antagonist. It'd be an interesting twist if he actually assisted Richter.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I do wonder what Castlevania: Nocturne means for Dracula since the trailer makes it clear he isn't going to be a returning antagonist. It'd be an interesting twist if he actually assisted Richter.
    but what does that mean for alucard's involvement? does he learn that his parents were alive? do they reveal it to him?

certainly makes one interested to see how they pull off "rondo"

Extraordinary Member

Jujutsu Kaisen: The battle continues. I must say, I can't remember the last time I've read a manga fight that feels so much like two masters of the power system going at it

Let's see it's Leon--------- Trevor ----- Christopher -- Simon -- Juste-- Ricter----------------- Julius.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    there are still some questions left but if this was a finale to the series, it was a great way to go out.

and more red death is always fun.
    Indeed.

Still occasionally watch the dreaded candiru scene because it's that hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Let's see it's Leon--------- Trevor ----- Christopher -- Simon -- Juste-- Ricter----------------- Julius.
    thats about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Indeed.

Still occasionally watch the dreaded candiru scene because it's that hilarious.
    indeed. so much good **** from that show.

the whole lore behind "movie night" was a great addition. especially when red death tells it.

for those of you who don't know, i'm a big board game nut.

lately, i decided to give arkham horror LCG another shot. and i'm glad i did. been playing through the innsmouth cycle and it feels great. this is the third LCG that i own. (the other is LOTR and marvel champions)

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    107 in Alaska?
    Las Vegas.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Las Vegas.
    Oh, that makes sense.

When I and family were headed out there a few summers ago the entire town was mostly asleep until 4 AM in the morning when everyone would walk the streets bc of the temperature.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie