Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *looking at all the games mentioned*

...I'm just patiently waiting for Spider-man 2.
    And I'm just looking forward to Sonic Superstars and playing as Sonic going even further beyond~! in the Final Horizon update for Frontiers until Spider-Man 2 comes out.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Sonic Superstars, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, and Spider-Man 2 in the same month. Mario and Sonic in the same month.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

There are people not happy that Sonic Superstars is releasing in October. The reason they think it's a bad idea to go up directly against Mario.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Oh good it's confirmed. I really liked the OVA and was a bit concerned with the lack of confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Sad day. RIP, Terry.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Finally saw Into the Spiderverse. You know, a little goofy, but actually pretty good!

Now to wait three years before watching Across. :V

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    There are people not happy that Sonic Superstars is releasing in October. The reason they think it's a bad idea to go up directly against Mario.
    Hey, if anyone can do it, it's Sonic!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

In my continued travels through fantasy 'Woman lives through a story they've read or their second attempt at life' Manwha, I'm now into The Villainess Lives Again. It's another 'my first life went poorly, I'll make better choices this time'.

This one is a little different, which is good - there's always a formula, but I've found that many of them deviate JUST ENOUGH from the formula to make them interesting. Art is also good - it's not shiningly brilliant as 'The Villainess is a Marionette' and doesn't have the flare of 'The Lady and the Beast', but still very nice.

It's politics, mostly, rather stunningly written in places and occasionally HIGHLY complex, and pretty ruthless rather than 'central character decides to live their life being nice, now.' Heck, even the lead dude can be utterly ruthless; yes, he's a nice guy, charming fellow, kind to his people, but when faced with treason his response is absolutely brutal (but still 100% in-keeping with what would be expected from a ruling lord who has been betrayed by a trusted subordinate). It's a rather amazing scene, especially considering it involves his childhood friend who has fallen rather obsessively in love with him.

And the central character herself is quite complex. She definitely wants things to proceed better this time (her last life led to wars, destruction, a terrible monarch on the throne, and her own torture and imprisonment, much of which is her own fault), and she does fall in love (of course), but she's still coldly and brilliantly manipulative, highly political, and rather ruthless herself, despite her drive now being toward improving the situation. At the same time, she's wracked by guilt over what she did to people she cares about the first time around through this life, she struggles with feelings of worthlessness, she needs to deal with her family's history of abuse and its impacts on her, and a host of other, very human issues.

And stuff doesn't end up working out perfectly. People make mistakes, misjudgments happen, wild cards mess up plans, etc.

So far, so good. I'm up to Chapter 143, and running out of what has been translated so far.

Edit: And, of course, I read the next few chapters and one of the central character's plans that has been trundling along quietly in the background for...I don't know, 75-100 chapters? Long enough that I've literally forgotten about it...anyway, it suddenly explodes with the assassination of a monarch. Shit hits the fan, characters die, the entire political situation is in flux, and while the central character is clearly feeling guilt about this, she's all 'this was always the plan'.

O_o

Edit: The complexities of the alliances, the betrayals, and the long-term plots are becoming so byzantine it's very hard to follow. I feel the writer themselves is aware of this, and - somewhat hilariously - over the last five chapters has an only-somewhat connected minor character trying to figure out the situation themselves, complete with diagrams. They're all "No, this can't actually BE the central character's doing. Could it?" alongside other clearly incorrect assumptions, but it makes a nice vehicle to aid the reader in remembering and understanding stuff. ^_^

Further edit upon reading a new chapter: This is the most impressively written and believable Master Plan™ I've seen in ages. O_o And ooooh, shit, the biggest, longest running question in the entire story has just been answered (147 chapters in, and the question has been sitting there for...142 chapters, roughly), and we never knew it was even a thing. O_O The writing here is just grand.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-24-2023 at 06:09 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Good to be reminded that this game is still a thing. And it still looks great. Still no release information though, which is fine.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of AC6... There was no reason the trailer needed to go that hard.

"I'll give you a reason to exist, let's get to work." Is such a hard line. Especially after you watch this man get turned into a brain in a jar for two minutes beforehand while doing his job.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Also, Mr. Andpointies, Larian guy just confirmed that BG3 will be coming to Xbox this year.

So I'll prolly get it so we can game together if you're down to.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Also, Mr. Andpointies, Larian guy just confirmed that BG3 will be coming to Xbox this year.

So I'll prolly get it so we can game together if you're down to.
    Arglebargle....

^_^

Yeah, no worries there. If need be, I'll start off on Xbox one and port over to X/S if we ever get one.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate