The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Best line in silly new Manwha I'm reading (It's great so far, hilarious).

*foppish looking lazy super-handsome prince bursts into his brother's room* (his brother being the king)

[King] Don't you know how to knock?

[Fop] Of course I do. I know how to knock your knights out when they get in my way.

[Me] Ooo, hidden depths, this guy just got interesting.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Although my favourite comment about the difference between English and American was from a New Zealander.

He said one of the best things about being from New Zealand is that they can choose whether they want to use an English word or the American equivalent. But it’s also the worst thing, because they don’t do it responsibly.

Britain has ‘Chips’ and ‘Crisps’.
    For the same foodstuffs, America has ‘Fries’ and ‘Chips’.

New Zealand has ‘Chips’ and ‘Chips’.

You’re just supposed to guess which potato-based product you’re referring to.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah, there is SO much in the video games. Which I haven't actually played much.

It's frustrating. So completely understanding why there's this constant scramble in the fanbase to figure out what's going on.
    Ah, the MCU phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Let’s not confuse Quebecois for French. Same way Mexican is not Spanish, and American is not English.

They’re very, very different beasts.
    Heh, I think I watched this video on that a while ago. Language is a fascinating thing, sometimes.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

I think my favorite thing about the Anima video games is that there is one EXCLUSIVELY for the Wii

The WII.

Why?!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Although my favourite comment about the difference between English and American was from a New Zealander.

He said one of the best things about being from New Zealand is that they can choose whether they want to use an English word or the American equivalent. But it’s also the worst thing, because they don’t do it responsibly.

Trick question. It's vodka.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Totally understood.

I'm not going to go praising or bashing Québec here, but if you'd like my opinion, feel free to PM. ^_^
    It's landlocked so it's evil, obviously.

You know I do be enjoying some DMs. I'm just bad at responding timely after awhile ��

Arx Inosaan

Yeah, I've heard that one before. 'Because they don't do it responsibly' is the most hilarious comment I've heard applied to it. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ah, the MCU phenomenon.
    Somewhat, yeah. Worse, a lot of the lore is STILL IN CARLOS' HEAD, and prying it out is...difficult.

Heh, I think I watched this video on that a while ago. Language is a fascinating thing, sometimes.
    We had a Parisian-French PhD student for a while, who had very little English. I had a much harder time talking to her in French than I do talking to Quebecois.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I think my favorite thing about the Anima video games is that there is one EXCLUSIVELY for the Wii

The WII.

Why?!
    Well, in fairness it was kind of a crappy game, that one. ^_^ Sidescroller, right?
    Why are we here?

It's landlocked so it's evil, obviously.

You know I do be enjoying some DMs. I'm just bad at responding timely after awhile ��
    I don't mind that last part. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Well, in fairness it was kind of a crappy game, that one. ^_^ Sidescroller, right?
    Yes but still, the Wii was an amusing choice. Almost as if the devs were shaming me for sitting down a lot.

Arx Inosaan

Yes but still, the Wii was an amusing choice. Almost as if the devs were shaming me for sitting down a lot.
    Hah.

I've seen it played; it stars one of my least-favourite named-characters and it's limited to an area of Gaia that's covered in Gaia II. Somewhat. I'm not really hurting to find a way to get it. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Ha, I'm guessing you have to context that somehow? That reminds me now of this highly versatile catch-all phrase from Hawaiian.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Hajime No Ippo: This south paw training Ippo's doing will just make him that much stronger and co-ordinated in his extended downtime. And people are going to point it out a lot I bet.

The Four Knights of the Apocalypse: It is time for the big fights of the arc.
    - Percy takes on Mortlach in a forced 1v1 duel with no powers. Will be a good opportunity for Percy to just use his own skill for a change.
    - Lancelot is fighting the Nanashi away from the rest. This is probably the strongest match-up here and I'm interested to see if we'll learn more about the weirdly eastern swordsman during this fight.
    - Tristan leads the rest of the team against the remain knights and a demonic fusion born from chaos (just like in the recent OVA). That's a neat little callback. Really looking forward to how this one will turn out.

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    Well, this is an interesting turn of events. Gojo completely outwits Sukuna by using Mahoraga's adaptive ability against itself while also outmaneuvering Sukuna with enchanted forms of Red and Blue, and taking advantage of the residual Blue that was left from Gojo destroying Agito, which Sukuna completely failed to notice in order fire a point-blank Purple in Sukuna's face. It's pretty damn satisfying to see Sukuna gradually panicking throughout this chapter, leading him to make mistakes that led to massive damage to himself and losing his biggest trump card (Mahoraga) in the process.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Hah.

I've seen it played; it stars one of my least-favourite named-characters and it's limited to an area of Gaia that's covered in Gaia II. Somewhat. I'm not really hurting to find a way to get it. ^_^
    This wouldn’t by any chance be Her Royal Mary-Sueness, Little Miss One-Strip-of-Bandage-is-Totally-an-Appropriate-Outfit-to-Wear-in-a-Library…?
    Chief Curmudgeon