Page 227 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 1271772172232242252262272282292302312372773277271227 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 36910

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I have a decision to make by the end of the month. I’m trying to decide if I stay here or move to another state.
    It can be thought out logically. Issues like:
    1. Job
    2. Cost of Living
    3. Proximity to family
    4. Local culture
    5. Environment (City vs suburbs vs rural vs coastal vs mountain vs plains vs cold vs hot vs dry vs wet, and so on)

If I was free to relocate, those are some of the issues I would consider before doing so. If I had children, which I don't, I might also consider the education system and social services like health care.

Basically, go where you will be happiest.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Friend is a bit of strong word at this point.

Rival would be a better term. But I can see All Might putting a positive/optimistic view on it.

And I wouldn't exactly call it wanking in the last chapter. Bakugo just learned that teamwork is a good thing, and he's already established as one of the best fighters in his year. Combine those two and he's just a really dangerous guy to face.
    Yeah, "friend" is a strong word. Especially you prefix it with "good".
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

His greatest challenge yet

Extraordinary Member

Big news for Manga fans: All of Shonen Jumps weekly releases will now be available for free on their website, same day as Japan.

And for 1.99 a month, you can access EVERY SHONEN JUMP MANGA THAT HAS EVER BEEN TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Big news for Manga fans: All of Shonen Jumps weekly releases will now be available for free on their website, same day as Japan.

And for 1.99 a month, you can access EVERY SHONEN JUMP MANGA THAT HAS EVER BEEN TRANSLATED INTO ENGLISH
    I have a collection of Shonen Jump (english version) dating back to Issue 1 and forward several years until I stopped the subscription. I thought about going back, but at the time they said there was no access to back issues, so I didn't. It's good to hear that they are providing back issues.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    WOOOOO! Epic Rap Battles has returned!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

BANNED

People say Jump Force has a small roster. There are currently 29 playable characters, judging by how DB and One Piece have been treated, it's a pretty safe bet that Naruto will get 3 more and with the 9 dlc characters that means it should be a minimum of 41. That's a pretty strange definition of a small roster in my opinion.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Like... Bakugou works effectively as part of a team in a team event and you're mad that... what... that he did that?

Bakugou is a shitty kid, sure. He's previously been shitty to the point of undermining his own effectiveness in combat. I don't get why you're so upset that him having grown and people going "Good job on being effective," is so unacceptable.

Kids did a good job being in a team. They used their abilities effectively. Heck, in the team match up last chapter, Bakugou got captured and had to be rescued by sugar rush dude.

Throwing around the term "wanking" seems reductive.
    not the first time i've seen this, really.

people were pissed that endevour was getting character development. they were genuinely pissed at him trying to not only be a better hero but trying to mend his broken family.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

people were pissed that endevour was getting character development. they were genuinely pissed at him trying to not only be a better hero but trying to mend his broken family.
    I saw some of that. But mainly it was more that people jumped the gun and thought that Endeavor was going to be considered redeemed and forgiven after his fight against High End. And I can kinda get that. Redemption arcs are tricky after all, especially when it comes to the kind of abuse that Endeavor put his family through. Some readers feel that hits really close to home and have trouble seperating the fictional from the actual.

But as long as everybody can be civil I think that a discussion about Endeavor's possible redemption and what he'd need to do to earn that is an interesting one.

The big problem was of course that parts of the fandom overreacted and sent death threats to Horikoshi. And as gross as that behavior was, I'm glad that another section of the fandom stood up against those idiots.

And Hori shut all the criticism with the chapter after the fight.

Endeavor: I'm trying to be a better father and hero.

Natsuo: Well good for you! Piss off *******! *storms away*

Shoto: He's not wrong you know. You trying isn't just going to undo the crap you've done. But I'm willing to see what you can accomplish when you try to be a decent human being. *slurps soba* By the way, have I mentioned how neat it is that we're matching now. *slurps soba*

Endeavor: ...

Shoto: *slurps soba* Because of our scars. Them being in the same place and all. Makes you think huh?

Endeavor: I understand Shoto.

Shoto: No. I don't think you do really. *slurps soba*

Endeavor: How much soba do you have in that bowl?

Shoto: As much as I need. *slurps soba*

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Dude, don't use the term "the female" to describe a female character. Seriously. Don't do it. It dehumanises women.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-07-2018 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Post Edited

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

I'm currently more annoyed at the people accusing Bakugou of being a Creator's Pet. Kohei has not only called him "rotten and unpleasant" and expressed shock over people's favoritism of the character, but has consistently demonstrated that Bakugou's attitude and actions is rarely condoned or without repercussions in-universe. Not to mention the losses he's suffered.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 12-07-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!