nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

looking back at it now, "board james" was among james rolfe's best work.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    what's even better? his camera man is stuck in hiding because he can't risk going to the airport because they would not only deny him his ticket, he'd get arrested to since the cops are looking for him too.

they are finding out that the japanese aren't passive. they are patient.
    Wait, the cameraman is in hiding? Damn, this is quite the saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Wait, the cameraman is in hiding? Damn, this is quite the saga.
    i think he's wanted as an accessory to a lot of the shit they pulled over there. last time i saw him, he was posting from an unknown location and he says he has no way to get home.

i think he's wanted as an accessory to a lot of the shit they pulled over there. last time i saw him, he was posting from an unknown location and he says he has no way to get home.
    Hoho...That poor dumb awful sap.

in even better news, jamie lee curtis tweeted that once the strike is settled, she will start lobbying hard to play dr. kureha in season 2 of OPLA.

DO IT!!!

Extraordinary Member

in even better news, jamie lee curtis tweeted that once the strike is settled, she will start lobbying hard to play dr. kureha in season 2 of OPLA.

DO IT!!!
    And the showrunner responded to agree with her

so............let me get this straight.

after that whole "heroes in crisis" crap.........their solution for, you know, wally killing a bunch of heroes.........is to give him his kids back?

Extraordinary Member

so............let me get this straight.

after that whole "heroes in crisis" crap.........their solution for, you know, wally killing a bunch of heroes.........is to give him his kids back?
    I think Heroes in Crisis was so universally hated (because it was shit) that most just want to ignore it in favour of having Wally well-written again.

It might've been partly retconned too. I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In fairness, if you are eating meat once or twice a week, you're already getting into the bracket that the IPCC is talking about with regards to 'cutting back'. So that's something, right?
    I think you misunderstood - I said I eat beef once or twice a week, but thanks to chicken and pork I eat meat every day. Which I know, typical bad American diet, but when you've had such an abundance of meat your entire life meals without it really feels like, not even a meal in a way? Kind of like how some Asian countries have a saying that it isn't a meal without rice, to me supper isn't really supper if there's no meat there. The absence is noticeable.

But again, I'd like to say that if we have 2 billion people saying 'I don't know how me stopping eating meat would help, I'm just one person', that speaks volumes. As it has with every other social issue.
    Oh not exactly - I'm not saying "I don't know how me stopping eating meat would help, I'm just one person" I'm saying "there's not near enough other people doing this for one reason or another for me to bother." It's an important distinction. I know they're not doing it, so my efforts really would in the end be pointless. I also know me starting it on my own isn't going to kickstart others doing it either, I'm not an influencer. Again the problem is unless things change I know for a fact my efforts would be wasted 100%.

Doing okay these days. Obvious concerns over some issues, but happy with my life, specifically, so I cannot complain. I hope things are good for you.
    Glad to hear it Sharp.

johnny somali is or was a kick streamer who had the brilliant idea of going to japan and just being a jackass for views. his stunts included: playing loud offensive music at shrines, making unwanted sexual advances towards woman, mocking the assassinated prime minister of japan, bothering people on trains, and yelling out "hiroshima! we do it again!". he was approached by regular civilians, cops and even members of the yakuza to stop what he was doing and he would always speaking fucked up japanese that he learned from anime and would say he would never do it again. and then go ahead and do it again. he didn't get off without some recipts: he was slapped by a few people, put in a chokehold, had his wallet stolen by a school girl and threatened by non japanese people.

the icing on this is last week, when he messed with a bunch of tourist and one of them had enough of his shit and punched the crap out of him and his camera man for calling them racists.

johnny thought he could get away with anything with the japanese since he was always let off with a warning. but that all changed this week when he was arrested for trespassing on a closed construction site. from what i've learned, he's facing 3 years in prison and considering the conviction rate in japan, he's not going home anytime soon. and japanese prisons will break his dumbass.
    I take back what I said earlier about this guy - jackass doesn't even begin to describe what a colossal and monumental douche he is. What a goddamn loser, you just don't fucking treat any damn body or culture like that. Glad they finally arrested this asshole, maybe a few years in prison will mellow him out into not a hateful self-entitled creep.

So, a new Dragon Ball web anime series is being produced by Toei and storyboarded by Toriyama, and it's apparently going to revolve around the Supreme Kais. Each episode is going to be less than 20 minutes long and there are 15 episodes planned thus far.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think you misunderstood - I said I eat beef once or twice a week, but thanks to chicken and pork I eat meat every day. Which I know, typical bad American diet, but when you've had such an abundance of meat your entire life meals without it really feels like, not even a meal in a way? Kind of like how some Asian countries have a saying that it isn't a meal without rice, to me supper isn't really supper if there's no meat there. The absence is noticeable.

Oh not exactly - I'm not saying "I don't know how me stopping eating meat would help, I'm just one person" I'm saying "there's not near enough other people doing this for one reason or another for me to bother." It's an important distinction. I know they're not doing it, so my efforts really would in the end be pointless. I also know me starting it on my own isn't going to kickstart others doing it either, I'm not an influencer. Again the problem is unless things change I know for a fact my efforts would be wasted 100%.

Glad to hear it Sharp.

I take back what I said earlier about this guy - jackass doesn't even begin to describe what a colossal and monumental douche he is. What a goddamn loser, you just don't fucking treat any damn body or culture like that. Glad they finally arrested this asshole, maybe a few years in prison will mellow him out into not a hateful self-entitled creep.
    from what i know, japanese prisons are hella strict and very controlled. like, they control every minute of your time there. they basically turn you into a automaton. so for this punk, that's gonna be hell. and according to some folks i know, he might end up in a prison near osaka, which happens to house a large number of yakuza. if he goes there, best believe, they will give him a warm welcome for all the shit he talked about them.

from what i know, japanese prisons are hella strict and very controlled. like, they control every minute of your time there. they basically turn you into a automaton. so for this punk, that's gonna be hell. and according to some folks i know, he might end up in a prison near osaka, which happens to house a large number of yakuza. if he goes there, best believe, they will give him a warm welcome for all the shit he talked about them.
    Not gonna lie, had a big smile and a chuckle reading this bit - gotta love karma!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    honestly, i think majima would be better but kiryu isn't a bad choice.

...Every time I revisit this story, I'm truly baffled at how this guy created totally unnecessary BS just to look cool. His reasoning does not help.