Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Netflix has a few seasons on it now so you can kick back and catch up at leisure!

Some great action, bloody violence, and Tanjiro is a fun protag.
    Definitely avoids being Asta for sure, which is a good thing.
    Can't remember the name but the one boy who wears a hog's head over his head is a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Yeah I'm basically at the stage where anything longer than a movie is an ask for me. Even mini-tv series are something now. Not that I can't get into them but I really need to be locked in from the start, so that kind of cuts out a lot of things.
    Felt. Love movies, prefer them over series. Sometimes less is more you know? But we're living in an age where longer series and binge watching is preferred and it's just feeling like a commitment sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Definitely avoids being Asta for sure, which is a good thing.
    Can't remember the name but the one boy who wears a hog's head over his head is a hoot!
    Inosuke! Yeah he's probably my favorite of the guys.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and this just reminds me of how much of a utter manga psycho i am.

i'm probably the only person here who has not only read "hajime no ippo", but has re-read it at least 3 times.

as a reminder, hajime no ippo has been going on since 1989 and currently has 1434 chapters. and its still on going.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    oh i'm not upset or anything. just clearing up some misconceptions that you have about it. it can be intimidating and i'm not trying to get you to watch/read it. but its rewarding. one of my friends said he'd never get into one piece due to how long it is. then a few weeks ago, he decided to just start watching it. he then messaged me saying "i get it. i get what you love it". now, he's been binging it since then. (he's up to alabasta). he says its hard to stop because the show makes you fall for the characters and the world. if you don't wanna watch it, that's fine with me. just saying there is a reason why, out of the big three, its still going on.
    Big three? And thanks, was worried you thought I was insulting it or something. It honestly looks like fun, just too big and I don't want to start something so big I might never finish it - which has happened more than once with me and some anime I was into for a time.

i'm probably the only person here who has not only read "hajime no ippo", but has re-read it at least 3 times.

as a reminder, hajime no ippo has been going on since 1989 and currently has 1434 chapters. and its still on going.
    Wow! That long? Impressive.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Has anyone told you you're a mad lad yet today? Because if not, I'd strongly consider telling you that.

Wow! That long? Impressive.
    yeah and i re-read it 3 times for no real reason. and that was back when it had 1200 chapters.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Damn...Well, I will look forward to being able to catch up on my reading when my vacation begins next week.

Inosuke! Yeah he's probably my favorite of the guys.
    Cast expand in a good way season two?
    Season one introduced a lot of big name demon hunters you rarely saw after that one or two episode part, outside the butterfly lady who got decent screen time.

and just to make people question my sanity even more. i counted all the ongoing manga and manwha that i am currently reading.

final count: 135 weekly, bi-weekly and monthly manga, manwha and webtoons across 3 different sites.

and that's not counting all the finished ones i've read, which is probably double that number.

Cast expand in a good way season two?
    Season one introduced a lot of big name demon hunters you rarely saw after that one or two episode part, outside the butterfly lady who got decent screen time.
    Yeah the Hashira get a lot to do in the later seasons, generally fighting alongside the main guys. The Mugen Train Arc, which got its own Movie Adaptation as well, prominently features the Flame Hashira Rengoku and he's amazing. I won't spoil the Boss Fight at the end but it gives you an idea of the higher level fighters in their 'verse.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Yeah the Hashira get a lot to do in the later seasons, generally fighting alongside the main guys. The Mugen Train Arc, which got its own Movie Adaptation as well, prominently features the Flame Hashira Rengoku and he's amazing. I won't spoil the Boss Fight at the end but it gives you an idea of the higher level fighters in their 'verse.
    That was the movie right after the first season right? It on netflix?

Extraordinary Member

By the way, has anyone else seen Power Rangers Cosmic Fury? Pretty good for such a short season but there were some baffling behind the scenes decisions.

Originally it was going to be 20 episodes but got cut down to 10 Seasons because...IIRC, Hasbro didn't want to pay for all of it.

Show wise though, the first episode hits hard.

spoilers:

Did not expect Javi's arm to get blown off like that. There's no blood but that's probably the worst injury a Ranger's taken.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I've seen the whole thing. I had a good time with it

That was the movie right after the first season right? It on netflix?
    I don't believe the movie itself is but the second season covers basically the same material anyway so it should be all good.

The season after that, the Pleasure District Arc, has one of the most insane team battles I've seen in a while. Fantastic stuff.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

I don't believe the movie itself is but the second season covers basically the same material anyway so it should be all good.

The season after that, the Pleasure District Arc, has one of the most insane team battles I've seen in a while. Fantastic stuff.
    IIRC the episodes covering the movie events are literally just the movie, cut into anime episodes. With a few additional scenes to fill things out