Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Big three? And thanks, was worried you thought I was insulting it or something. It honestly looks like fun, just too big and I don't want to start something so big I might never finish it - which has happened more than once with me and some anime I was into for a time.
    The "Big Three" of Shonen manga or the "Holy Shonen Trinity": Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member

Didn't mean to upset you - even if he's had the ending planned all along, it's an ending that has over 20 years of manga behind it now and an anime with hundreds and hundreds of episodes - doesn't negate my point that it's so large that it's too intimidating for me personally to get into. Longest anime I ever watched was DBZ back when I was a teen with admittedly both a higher attention span and a higher tolerance for shounen action anime than I do now. I just can't take super long stories like that anymore. Just personal thing.
    If you're not into super long stories I can recommend the anime Jujutsu Kaisen. It's got one finished season, one prequel movie and a currently ongoing second season.

The gimmick is that overwhelming negative emotions give people super powers and causes evil spirits to appear. The people with super powers fight the evil spirits. It's got a tight story and plot, great animation, a cool (if somewhat overly complex at times) power system, and a protagonist who isn't quite the same archetype as Asta, Luffy and Goku. Has quite a modern feel to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    IIRC the episodes covering the movie events are literally just the movie, cut into anime episodes. With a few additional scenes to fill things out
    Pretty much. I'd recommend watching the movie and then skipping the episodes covering the same part. It's just repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    The "Big Three" of Shonen manga or the "Holy Shonen Trinity": Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.
    Ah, the most famous super longs!

S'up Munch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    If you're not into super long stories I can recommend the anime Jujutsu Kaisen. It's got one finished season, one prequel movie and a currently ongoing second season.

The gimmick is that overwhelming negative emotions give people super powers and causes evil spirits to appear. The people with super powers fight the evil spirits. It's got a tight story and plot, great animation, a cool (if somewhat overly complex at times) power system, and a protagonist who isn't quite the same archetype as Asta, Luffy and Goku. Has quite a modern feel to it.
    I saw an AMV of it once and it looked cool. It on netflix? Cause I ain't getting crunchyroll (I got netflix, disney+, and hbo max, that's plenty).

S'up Munch?
    Not a lot. Just 2 days until Disgaea 7 though!

Extraordinary Member

So, I can't confirm this, but someone supposedly asked the creator of God of war if Kratos could beat Marvel's Thor, and he responded with something to the effect of "of course not, Kratos couldn't even beat Spider-Man"

I saw an AMV of it once and it looked cool. It on netflix? Cause I ain't getting crunchyroll (I got netflix, disney+, and hbo max, that's plenty).
    The First Season's on HBO Max, but the second is Crunchyroll exclusive. Dunno about the movie

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i didnt know i needed this until just now.

well at least max is handling it better than phil did when he faced off against snake-eyez in SF6.

not sure about this one.

So, I can't confirm this, but someone supposedly asked the creator of God of war if Kratos could beat Marvel's Thor, and he responded with something to the effect of "of course not, Kratos couldn't even beat Spider-Man"
    I mean Spider-Man IS really fast and agile. At least when I played the old GOW Kratos very much wasn't. I could see Spidey dodging circles around Kratos.

Extraordinary Member

Heh, reminds of a quote from Kishimoto saying that Naruto characters would be helpless against guns.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I got to admit, can't wait for my vacation next week.

I'll probably still hate the plane rides but seeing how I'll be working everyday till then...Yeah, I'm burnt on work.

Huh, a foreboding thought: What if Insomniac adapts Morlun to their universe? I'd actually advocate for Pete keeping a small sample of the Venom symbiote around. Just in case.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Huh, a foreboding thought: What if Insomniac adapts Morlun to their universe? I'd actually advocate for Pete keeping a small sample of the Venom symbiote around. Just in case.
    morlun don't play. pete is gonna need everything he's got if they bring that bastard into it.