Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Yes, I can imagine that.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Idk what CK3 is?
    Crusader Kings 3, sorry.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

good lord, i knew the CW had bad shows. "robyn hood" makes the worst of CW look like "breaking bad".

after watching this, i have more respect for jackson for being get the movies out with the limitations and the time crunch. he did the best he could with what he had. i know not everyone likes the jackson movies (hi sharp) but i can at least appreciate the hard work that went into making them.

at the very least, i can easily watch "the hobbit" over ROP any day of the week.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

As much as I didn't like the Jackson movies, and still don't in general, that dislike is primarily for the writing and choices that were made regarding the changes - large and small - to Tolkien's story. I would never disparage the LotR trilogy for the amount of WORK that was put in, how everything LOOKED, the sets, the costumes, all of that kind of thing. Fabulous job on those.

As always, lots of people loved those movies, Jackson clearly did something right, I really liked Fellowship for all of its inaccuracies, etc.

It's not like they were...I don't know, some other LotR tie-in *coughs*Rings of Power*coughs* where they spent absolutely STUPID amounts of money and ended with something that just looked rather bad, frankly. And made Jackson's stuff - even the Hobbit movies - seem at least somewhat faithful to Tolkien's work.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    As much as I didn't like the Jackson movies, and still don't in general, that dislike is primarily for the writing and choices that were made regarding the changes - large and small - to Tolkien's story. I would never disparage the LotR trilogy for the amount of WORK that was put in, how everything LOOKED, the sets, the costumes, all of that kind of thing. Fabulous job on those.

As always, lots of people loved those movies, Jackson clearly did something right, I really liked Fellowship for all of its inaccuracies, etc.

It's not like they were...I don't know, some other LotR tie-in *coughs*Rings of Power*coughs* where they spent absolutely STUPID amounts of money and ended with something that just looked rather bad, frankly. And made Jackson's stuff - even the Hobbit movies - seem at least somewhat faithful to Tolkien's work.
    at least jackson wanted to keep the story true or as true as he could get it to the books. ROP was................well, we all know.

with the hobbit, i always had the sense that jackson didn't really want to make it but things happened and he kinda felt like he had to make it. you can tell from the behind the scenes footage. jackson just looked drained and thinned, like too little butter over bread. i'm just amazed the movies came out looking like they did with so little time to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Hey, my eyes close as god intended - never for 8 hours straight!
    Unfortunately true

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Yes, I can imagine that.
    Well, do it then!

Actually you don't have to

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    good lord, i knew the CW had bad shows. "robyn hood" makes the worst of CW look like "breaking bad".
    Looking at Wikipedia:

the series follows the young activist rapper Robyn and her anti-authoritarian masked hip-hop band The Hood living in a working class area in the fictional city of New Nottingham as they battle with "the corrupt elite" including a property developer and The Sheriff.

......I feel like my body wants to cough up blood after barely trying to get passed the WTF-ery of reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Looking at Wikipedia:

the series follows the young activist rapper Robyn and her anti-authoritarian masked hip-hop band The Hood living in a working class area in the fictional city of New Nottingham as they battle with "the corrupt elite" including a property developer and The Sheriff.

......I feel like my body wants to cough up blood after barely trying to get passed the WTF-ery of reading that.
    Oh hell. Oh no. Kill it. KILL IT WITH FIRE!! MAKE IT STOP!!
    Chief Curmudgeon

Looking at Wikipedia:

Ha! Straight out of Riverdale.

Speaking of Riverdale, what a show that is.

at least jackson wanted to keep the story true or as true as he could get it to the books. ROP was................well, we all know.

with the hobbit, i always had the sense that jackson didn't really want to make it but things happened and he kinda felt like he had to make it. you can tell from the behind the scenes footage. jackson just looked drained and thinned, like too little butter over bread. i'm just amazed the movies came out looking like they did with so little time to work with.
    I am halfway tempted to see how bad things can get with RoP season 2 tbh.
    -Stephen McCranie

The Cobras are SO lucky that the Miyagi-Do are pushovers.

Because by all rights Daniel should've gone and smashed them into the ground for this.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Looking at Wikipedia:

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh hell. Oh no. Kill it. KILL IT WITH FIRE!! MAKE IT STOP!!
    i watched some of it through disparu.

words can't articulate how utter garbage it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Ha! Straight out of Riverdale.

Speaking of Riverdale, what a show that is.

I am halfway tempted to see how bad things can get with RoP season 2 tbh.
    funny you mention riverdale.

the director, who calls himself "director X", read the very very few 10 star rating for his show and one of them said it was a instant classic, akin to "riverdale". keep in mind, i firmly believe he either wrote those himself or paid them to write that. and it doesn't help his case when he said that racist nerds are review bombing the show. it can't be because his show is teh shits. its always the racists.

as for ROP, how much you wanna bet that the entire war of the last collation wasn't over sauron was trying to take over middle earth but him being butthurt that not-galadriel broke his heart?

fun fact: after my sister watched, i surprised her by telling her that galadriel was married, had a daughter and that elrond was married to that daughter.

read another isekai and its so stupid that its awesome.

guy meets truck-kun. ends up in fantasy world. joins party with hero. hero, being a total bellend, kicks guy out of party. guy decides to go on his own but first, he makes it his quest to bang hero's mom. hero's mom is fine with this because in this world, if you are 30 or older, you are considered too old and no man would want you. so guy bangs and marries hero's mom and then being to bang the moms of all of the other party members because he loves milfs.

funny you mention riverdale.

the director, who calls himself "director X", read the very very few 10 star rating for his show and one of them said it was a instant classic, akin to "riverdale". keep in mind, i firmly believe he either wrote those himself or paid them to write that. and it doesn't help his case when he said that racist nerds are review bombing the show. it can't be because his show is teh shits. its always the racists.
    I've only experienced the show through recaps from a podcast I listen to but it is certainly something.

They have a show that purports to not be supernatural/set in a real place but also does things like randomly throw in literally a D&D style tabletop game that can alter reality and allows the cast to solve a problem in a ridiculous fashion, which they then proceed to never use or revisit again.

as for ROP, how much you wanna bet that the entire war of the last collation wasn't over sauron was trying to take over middle earth but him being butthurt that not-galadriel broke his heart?

fun fact: after my sister watched, i surprised her by telling her that galadriel was married, had a daughter and that elrond was married to that daughter.
    Gotta be honest, after RoP I'd have more respect for the show's creators if they leaned into the soap opera. I don't mind a tv show that at least understands it's trashy and just has fun with it. The show after Sauron reveal is at the point I'd actually prefer them to just completely YA alternate universe it
    -Stephen McCranie

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!