nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    qutting D. job. best of all the Ds.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I've only experienced the show through recaps from a podcast I listen to but it is certainly something.

They have a show that purports to not be supernatural/set in a real place but also does things like randomly throw in literally a D&D style tabletop game that can alter reality and allows the cast to solve a problem in a ridiculous fashion, which they then proceed to never use or revisit again.

Gotta be honest, after RoP I'd have more respect for the show's creators if they leaned into the soap opera. I don't mind a tv show that at least understands it's trashy and just has fun with it. The show after Sauron reveal is at the point I'd actually prefer them to just completely YA alternate universe it
    considering the talent of the show runners, they might actually do that. let's go all the way and have galadriel and sauron have sex on mt. doom.

Gotta be honest, after RoP I'd have more respect for the show's creators if they leaned into the soap opera. I don't mind a tv show that at least understands it's trashy and just has fun with it. The show after Sauron reveal is at the point I'd actually prefer them to just completely YA alternate universe it
    I'd have more respect for them if they just stopped making it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i watched some of it through disparu.

words can't articulate how utter garbage it is.
    ....Yeah, I need Ghost Jonathan Kent to make me know that despite all the crap that goes on, there's still hope put there despite the garbage that's being on.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

at least jackson wanted to keep the story true or as true as he could get it to the books. ROP was................well, we all know.
    In the case of the Hobbit, what you say in your post makes sense. For the LotR movies...Jackson did like to talk about how he wanted to keep it as close as possible to the books, but really, he didn't actually do that. And unnecessarily so; there were some changes I totally understood, even some glaring changes that made perfect sense, etc, and ones for which I could raise a glass to him and say 'yeah, good choice man, and you still kept the feel and the themes.' But the majority...did not do that at all, and were rather unnecessary.

I'll warrant, though, he did keep CLOSER to the spirit and actual wording of the book than RoP ever did. Like, by a lot.

...granted, that's a low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    This. This, this, this. ^_^

Like, give the money to charity or something worthwhile.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ha, not possible in the world where sequels are Lord unfortunately
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In the case of the Hobbit, what you say in your post makes sense. For the LotR movies...Jackson did like to talk about how he wanted to keep it as close as possible to the books, but really, he didn't actually do that. And unnecessarily so; there were some changes I totally understood, even some glaring changes that made perfect sense, etc, and ones for which I could raise a glass to him and say 'yeah, good choice man, and you still kept the feel and the themes.' But the majority...did not do that at all, and were rather unnecessary.

I'll warrant, though, he did keep CLOSER to the spirit and actual wording of the book than RoP ever did. Like, by a lot.

...granted, that's a low bar.

This. This, this, this. ^_^

Like, give the money to charity or something worthwhile.
    his galadriel was a kind, elegant, wise woman who's power was more implied than showed as opposed to ROP galadriel who was a murderous, racist psychopath who'd rather shank a guy than actually talk with them. so yeah, he at least showed the desire to keep the spirit of the work, success not withstanding. (i'm sorry faramir).

as for the other thing, as long as IRL lex luthor keeps throwing money at it and folks keep staning it, its gonna be around.

I think in terms of money the billion dollar pricepoint named for RoP is actually for 5 seasons...so they are going to keep going for a while probably.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

oh good lord! phil just took shots at mutah.

ooooooh. ooooo i'm gonna enjoy watching how bad this is gonna go for phil.

Just finished watching the first episode of Undead Unluck, and David Production and TMS did an amazing job with the adaptation.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    just don't go down that rod.

his galadriel was a kind, elegant, wise woman who's power was more implied than showed as opposed to ROP galadriel who was a murderous, racist psychopath who'd rather shank a guy than actually talk with them. so yeah, he at least showed the desire to keep the spirit of the work, success not withstanding. (i'm sorry faramir).
    No question he got some of the characters a whole lot better than RoP did, and even hit pretty close to the mark with a few of them. There were characters he did poorly to some level or another, totally the point on them, but then I consider RoP Galadriel (valid point with that one, though I'm not sure what the business about her going plutonium was, it seemed a tad heavy-handed ^_^), RoP Elrond (okay, it's kind of a tie-game between both Elronds, as neither of them really at all resembled their book-selves)...ugh.

I think in terms of money the billion dollar pricepoint named for RoP is actually for 5 seasons...so they are going to keep going for a while probably.
    Yikes.

Give the money to charity, jeez.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    No question he got some of the characters a whole lot better than RoP did, and even hit pretty close to the mark with a few of them. There were characters he did poorly to some level or another, totally the point on them, but then I consider RoP Galadriel (valid point with that one, though I'm not sure what the business about her going plutonium was, it seemed a tad heavy-handed ^_^), RoP Elrond (okay, it's kind of a tie-game between both Elronds, as neither of them really at all resembled their book-selves)...ugh.

Yikes.

Give the money to charity, jeez.
    oh i'm aware how.........not good jackson elrond. (no hate on hugo. i love hugo). though there was one good thing that came from ROP elrond.

"gimme the meat and give it to me raw."

*reads the newest issue of Doctor Strange*

Again? Really?

Well, spoilers:
    'Stephen Strange has gone all dark magic'
    end of spoilers isn't as overused as 'Stephen Strange has lost his magic and needs to find it again.'
    Why are we here?