nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Here's how I see it, based off what I've seen in this thread.

You've got a low budget action show from Canada that updates Robin Hood for the modern day. They put in a lot of surface level socially progressive elements, both to market themselves to social progressives and to stir controversy in order to generate engagement.

Then bunch of youtubers make videos about it, calling it the worst thing ever. I don't know who you follow, but if I here a generic "a bunch of youtubers make videos about how terrible some show that stars minorities" statement, the only reasonable assumption to make is that they're click baiters farming racists for engagement, because that's a thing thats happened on youtube for years. And the show actually being bad does nothing to disprove that assumption because a broken clock is still right twice a day.

I hang out in very socially progressive spaces, the kind that would eat up a show with this premise. The fact that I have heard literally nothing about this show tells me that the people it's ostensibly designed to appeal to don't give a shit about it.

Basically, there's no way to pay attention to this show that doesn't give attention to people who don't deserve it.
    director X wanted the show to appeal to me, a black man. it failed because it is a terribly written show. even if the various youtubers i happen to follow wouldnt make vids about it and i still watched it, i still would think its a terrible show. even many black youtubers whom i follow don't like this show so making such generalizations about why they are talking about this show is very bad.

as the supposed target audience for this show, the show sucks. point blank.

On a lighter note!

spoilers:

Bakugou's finally back!

Also some other stuff happened but that's the important part.

end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and just out of curiosity, i decided to see how rated "metero man" was. "metero man" was a 90s superhero movie written, directed and starring robert townsend, which predates even "blade" in terms of a black superhero. and it was a bomb at the box office, despite the ungodly amount of starpower it had. here's an abridged list: robert townsend, eddie griffith, james earl jones (yeah. mufasa was in this), don cheadle, tiny "deebo" lister, marla gibbs, robert guillaume, big daddy kane, bill cosby (let that sink in), luthor vandross, chris tucker, sinbad, and frank gorshin. that's right. they had the OG riddler in this bitch. and that's all the folks i could name off hand. there are more. seriously, this movie had no right having this packed of a cast.

currently, its at 5.2 on imdb.
    And I thought Knights of the Zodiac live action was kinda awkward when you got Sean Bean, Mackenyu, ...The guy who played John Connor in T3, the Iron Chef America Chairman, etc.

Like what? But Metero Man takes it all here when star power can't save a work.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    And I thought Knights of the Zodiac live action was kinda awkward when you got Sean Bean, Mackenyu, ...The guy who played John Connor in T3, the Iron Chef America Chairman, etc.

Like what? But Metero Man takes it all here when star power can't save a work.
    i use to watch and enjoy metero man but i can see now that its jank.

my question is how the fuck did robert get so many actors and music stars to be in this movie? i knew he had stroke back in the day, but to get both the riddler and darth vader to be in this? wow.

fun fact: metero man is technically a marvel superhero. to build up hype for the movie, they actually had several comics about him published by marvel. hell, one comic actually had him working with spiderman to solve a crime. they were really banking on metero man being the next great black superhero.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

my question is how the fuck did robert get so many actors and music stars to be in this movie? i knew he had stroke back in the day, but to get both the riddler and darth vader to be in this? wow.

fun fact: metero man is technically a marvel superhero. to build up hype for the movie, they actually had several comics about him published by marvel. hell, one comic actually had him working with spiderman to solve a crime. they were really banking on metero man being the next great black superhero.
    Wait, there were comics from Marvel? Wow, I didn't think they'd banked that high to really make this movie into something.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Wait, there were comics from Marvel? Wow, I didn't think they'd banked that high to really make this movie into something.
    yeah. i remember townsend talking it about on an interview. can't remember who's show he was on but he did say that metero man did a crossover with spiderman.

and a year after that, we got "blank man". so within the span of a year, we had two movies that had black versions of both batman and superman.

Eh, Metero Man was still more entertaining than whatever the hell they were trying to accomplish with "Steel". Spawn and Blade were the only...well, not good, but half-decent movies involving African-American superheroes to come out of the 90's imo.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 10-11-2023 at 05:48 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Eh, Metero Man was still more entertaining than whatever the hell they were trying to accomplish with "Steel". Spawn and Blade were the only...well, not good, but half-decent movies involving African-American superheroes to come out of the 90's imo.
    metero man is jank but its the good kind of jank.

spawn...........it tried.

blade was interested. blade 2 was, IMO, the best of the trilogy.

steel.........emps, you take it.

TTS emperor: WE-DON'T-TALK-ABOUT-IT.

Steel was really out there as a...Film. still recalling him literally bouncing back that super sonic boom ball gun at the villain made no goddamn sense.

I saw some new leaked Images of Tekken 8 and it seems like Tekken Force Mode is back!
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Keith Giffen

poor clark. what happened to him in this vid was criminal.

Expanding on more Original Character lives and ended up liking a lot for one of them.

Nagase is 17 and in high school but does part time local gigs in professional wrestling as with her family (her father is a trainer in the local gym but has occasionally go on tours). Despite having relatively good wrestling ability and is strong enough to tip cars to their side, she's actually a jobber who makes her opposition look good.

Oh and her family gimmick is otters. Like Tiger Mask but with otters.

Wrestler buffs have something to chew on with the Iron Claw Movie coming out in December.
    My Forum check it out